The New Raith Rovers Thread

Honestly, I don’t think not speaking to the press is the worst idea. Benedictus had to speak to them on Tuesday and probably didn’t get it quite right, although based on the timing of the release and lack of media officer there to guide him, I can forgive it. As others have mentioned, there may even be a legal reason that we aren’t speaking. Time is running out, however. Really need something official from the club by Monday. 

6 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

I know exactly who this is, and I'm both unsurprised and delighted that she's done this. 

A certain schoolteacher? 

When he unfurled the banner at the start I told him to take it down and told him it would be round his fucking neck if it went back up. It didn’t go back up. When I went for a pie in the brink of half time I was walking down the stairs to my pal arguing with him as he said something along the lines of ‘Goodwillie would have scored that’. It’s was only at the end when he walked down the stairs did he take his jumper/coat of to show off his pathetic homemade goodwillie lettering on his rovers shirt. 

Just wanting to point out that it wasn’t really the young team involved in this, just this one twat and maybe a pal. 

Just now, Hank Scorpio said:

Honestly, I don’t think not speaking to the press is the worst idea. Benedictus had to speak to them on Tuesday and probably didn’t get it quite right, although based on the timing of the release and lack of media officer there to guide him, I can forgive it. As others have mentioned, there may even be a legal reason that we aren’t speaking. Time is running out, however. Really need something official from the club by Monday. 

Absolutely no problem with the players not speaking to the press. This isn't their mess and they shouldn't be forced into giving an opinion on the situation. Someone from the club, be that Sim, McGlynn or McCartney, has to speak out soon though. 

1 minute ago, Daz80 said:

A certain schoolteacher? 

When he unfurled the banner at the start I told him to take it down and told him it would be round his fucking neck if it went back up. It didn’t go back up. When I went for a pie in the brink of half time I was walking down the stairs to my pal arguing with him as he said something along the lines of ‘Goodwillie would have scored that’. It’s was only at the end when he walked down the stairs did he take his jumper/coat of to show off his pathetic homemade goodwillie lettering on his rovers shirt. 

Just wanting to point out that it wasn’t really the young team involved in this, just this one twat and maybe a pal. 

Correct, as far as I'm aware. 

Also, for the point in bold, I typed out a bit of a rant earlier where I referenced them. I've heard that the person is seen as a bit of a fanny among that group and none of the younger lads wanted to be associated with him. From the stories you've said about the homemade lettering on his jumper, he sounds like a complete VL. 

6 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Correct, as far as I'm aware. 

Also, for the point in bold, I typed out a bit of a rant earlier where I referenced them. I've heard that the person is seen as a bit of a fanny among that group and none of the younger lads wanted to be associated with him. From the stories you've said about the homemade lettering on his jumper, he sounds like a complete VL. 

Yeah, she’s a good un. Didn’t see her reaction though which is a pity. 

He sits up there with lads that are 14/15 as the boys who used to sit up there his own age think he’s a tit. 

7 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

A few players - Tumilty and Dick in particular - at the end made a point of coming right across to the South Stand to applaud the fans which was good to see. 

Agreed, Tumilty especially just stood in front of the stand for a solid 15/20 seconds and applauded. I get the feeling they genuinely appreciate the support they’re receiving and ultimately deserve. They’ve played no part in this shit show. 

14 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Absolutely no problem with the players not speaking to the press. This isn't their mess and they shouldn't be forced into giving an opinion on the situation. Someone from the club, be that Sim, McGlynn or McCartney, has to speak out soon though. 

What’s the point of having a Chief Executive if they don’t deal with this sort of stuff?

If not the Chief Executive it has to be John Sim. He’s the Chairman and the owner.

Edited by Scary Bear

1 hour ago, Against The Machine said:

I was considering going to Celtic Park next week, but I'm really not sure I can stand alongside some of the folk who'll be there. I suspect some elements of our away support will be even worse than at home. 

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Yeah I think this is the problem. The 'young team' clearly like to be seen to be edgy and this is obviously their latest move. The problem is that it's not going to go down well with most other sections of the support.

I had it down that the Raith fans were a unified good guy scenario but f**k me. No, rather f**k a minority of society. On here, you have seemed mostly united in your response. Thank you to all the f**k nuggets that have outed themselves as illiterate backwards apologist wanks. True Raith fans, do not let some pished up wains stain your club with some pished on bed sheet banners. They are no reflection on you, rather, a painful reflection on society.

Was choreographed that McGlynn and the team came out at the exact same time, so there was no opportunity to boo McGlynn alone. Thankfully didn’t see the banner supporting Goodwillie or the homemade shirt.  That’s absolutely horrific. 

Noticed that the directors box was empty. Think the shitebags sat elsewhere  in the main stand. Cowards. There were sack the board chants at the end. With Sim there and if they’d actually sat in the directors box, I think they’d have been much louder. 

Rough calculation is that around 1/3rd of the support are staying away - especially as there was no stream to fall back on. The 2/3rds that are going seem mostly content to just watch the football, but as I said if Sim was there then it’d be more vocal I think. 

7 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Was choreographed that McGlynn and the team came out at the exact same time, so there was no opportunity to boo McGlynn alone. Thankfully didn’t see the banner supporting Goodwillie or the homemade shirt.  That’s absolutely horrific. 

Noticed that the directors box was empty. Think the shitebags sat elsewhere  in the main stand. Cowards. There were sack the board chants at the end. With Sim there and if they’d actually sat in the directors box, I think they’d have been much louder. 

Rough calculation is that around 1/3rd of the support are staying away - especially as there was no stream to fall back on. The 2/3rds that are going seem mostly content to just watch the football, but as I said if Sim was there then it’d be more vocal I think. 

They were there, they did briefly sit in the directors box then moved just behind to where the sponsors usually sit. Not sure if this was down to the rain but they were hardly hiding either.

Just now, Daz80 said:

They were there, they did briefly sit in the directors box then moved just behind to where the sponsors usually sit. Not sure if this was down to the rain but they were hardly hiding either.

Got in close to kick off, so just saw a completely empty directors box. Which I’ve never seen before. If it was the rain, then fair enough. 

On 01/02/2022 at 11:12, RH33 said:

I read bits of the court transcript but stopped, why? Because I'm a survivor and like the victim my case didn't make it to criminal court. I won't give details but the police requestion and requestion you on every detail of your statement. The trauma of that alone is horrific. I too was awarded a criminal injuries payment.

I've been a football fan since I was small and gone to matches from Scottish schools, to Scotland to Ross County and highland leauge. My youngest daughter plays football.

I refuse to even go to away county games while Mackay is in charge. 

Raith Rovers BoD and Manager have alienated their fans and probably will see away fans decide not to come and put money in the club. Val McDermott has already distanced herself as well. It will be heartbreaking for life long fans to see their club make such a horrific misstep.

This morning the victim will have woken to see, once again, her rapists name splashed across the papers. Still being paid to play football. 

Thankfully, male and female, can see the faults in this and the mysoginy and lads lads seem to be a small minority.

I once read that rape is the worst crime you can suffer and survive. 

Wow, thanks for the greenies. 

As a football fan and a survivor I've been pleased to see.this called.out by so many for being wrong.

I won't lie, it's also brought up things for me. I hate to think what his victim is going through with it on national television. I hope she has support.

Hard times still to come but you are a credit to your club taking the stand you have done. 

2 minutes ago, RH33 said:

Wow, thanks for the greenies. 

As a football fan and a survivor I've been pleased to see.this called.out by so many for being wrong.

I won't lie, it's also brought up things for me. I hate to think what his victim is going through with it on national television. I hope she has support.

Hard times still to come but you are a credit to your club taking the stand you have done. 

That’s the most shameful part of it. The impact on the victim and more widely. Has brought up trauma for a couple of people I know, so that’ll be replicated all over I suspect. Yet the club haven’t acknowledged this once. 

If the board members didn't take their seats in the Directors Box that's the ultimate cowardly move. If you've made the decision then accept that you need to make it right. Sums up our club at the moment. I genuinely don't even believe they think they made the wrong call and the come down was purely due to the financial impact.