The New Raith Rovers Thread

4 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

Margie Robertson speaking quite candidly about it.

She states that her and Andy Mill took a load of quotes from the emails they received to John Sim but he refused to rule out signing him, simply stating "Clyde would never sell him anyway".

She also believes the signing was made before the board meeting, although that's just a feeling, she's no evidence for that.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if this was a done deal in December, if Clyde didn't want to sell him why are they saying Clyde got in touch with whoever at the club at the weekend of the QoS  game, something stinks

Edited by SirJimmyofNic

1 minute ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if this was a done deal in December, if Clyde didn't want to sell him why are they saying Clyde got in touch with whoever at the club at the weekend of the QoS  game, something stinks

Bear in mind, the two things you are saying contradict each other and stink, both come from both come from people on the "same side".

Margie didn't have the benefit of hearing Bill Clark say that Clyde contacted Raith over that weekend when she said that.

But still, the two accounts don't have to contradict each other- the deal could have been agreed in principle on the Sunday before the board meeting on the Monday.... or maybe Margies gut feeling is wrong.

I'm not sure why you think those two accounts mean something stinks.

47 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

What did that banner at the back of the stand say?

Something about supporting Goodwillie. Didn't see it myself but heard someone say that's what it said. Caused a bit of a furore with a woman in the row in front of me turning round and unsurprisingly doing her nut at them. 

Grim stuff. 

Something about supporting Goodwillie. Didn't see it myself but heard someone say that's what it said. Caused a bit of a furore with a woman in the row in front of me turning round and unsurprisingly doing her nut at them. 
Grim stuff. 
You're in the same row as me then. She's always quite animated but I thought she was gonna burst a pudden.

There are seriously guys who care that much about supporting a rapist that they've made a banner?

Jesus Christ.

I think back to 16yr old me doing my nut and shouting at referees etc and I'm embarrassed.  I hope they are properly ashamed of themselves when they're old enough to understand what they're condoning.

Edited by stevoraith

16 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

Bear in mind, the two things you are saying contradict each other and stink, both come from both come from people on the "same side".

Margie didn't have the benefit of hearing Bill Clark say that Clyde contacted Raith over that weekend when she said that.

But still, the two accounts don't have to contradict each other- the deal could have been agreed in principle on the Sunday before the board meeting on the Monday.... or maybe Margies gut feeling is wrong.

I'm not sure why you think those two accounts mean something stinks.

I was not refering to Marge or Bill Clark when I said "they".

Read my post again

Edited by SirJimmyofNic

31 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Every chance

Bill Clark said the board held what I think he described was tentative discussions regarding DG but as there were no further discussions until the surprise board meet on Monday thought it was a dead duck

It's taken me from Monday until just now to catch up on all the threads.

I don't really know where to start other than that I'm utterly gutted. Gutted that we'd make such a wildly stupid signing, gutted at the the reputation of the club being dragged through the mud and back, gutted at McGlynn throwing away his legacy as one of our greatest managers, and gutted for DG's victim to have his name brought up the world over.

I've not been at either game since the news broke but I will be back at some point.

What a shambles.

1 minute ago, Lang Toun Lad said:

It's taken me from Monday until just now to catch up on all the threads.

I don't really know where to start other than that I'm utterly gutted. Gutted that we'd make such a wildly stupid signing, gutted at the the reputation of the club being dragged through the mud and back, gutted at McGlynn throwing away his legacy as one of our greatest managers, and gutted for DG's victim to have his name brought up the world over.

I've not been at either game since the news broke but I will be back at some point.

What a shambles.

Gutted that its turned Fans against each other as well

20 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

I was not refering to Marge or Bill Clark when I said "they".

Read my post again

40 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

I've read it again.

It was Bill Clark that said Clyde got in touch with Rovers.

Who did you mean by 'they'?

Sounds like McGlynn is getting it fairly easy even though he must have been  involved in the decision to sign that player.  Can it be that Raith supporters are so fickle that they seem to overlook his part in this tawdry episode just because he's been a reasonably successful manager for them. 

2 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Sounds like McGlynn is getting it fairly easy even though he must have been  involved in the decision to sign that player.  Can it be that Raith supporters are so fickle that they seem to overlook his part in this tawdry episode just because he's been a reasonably successful manager for them. 

All depends what his part was.  One of the directors has already intimated it was less than most here had assumed all week.

2 hours ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Its all acedemic now the damage is done the money is lost, the future looks bleak, I dont know how the Football club can come back from this, unless there is a way to buy RRFC out and play somewhere else 

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

This is too far. The club is obviously salvageable. 

Actually, I suspect that you are both somewhat on the same page. It could well be that Raith Rovers will end up delinking from Starks Park to recover from this mess. The club could be bought off Sim for a relative song, and I doubt he would hesitate to then strip Starks of all value and sell/develop the land if the new owners (Community?) were to move the club. However, for this scenario to pan out, the Rovers would likely have to drop to League Two, or perhaps One, and find a new home.