The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 minute ago, ribzanelli said:

This link is for the live radio show going out on Saturday right? Or has it already played and is available for catchup? What about the Twitter spaces interview being mentioned, can it be listened to today? Bit confused, sorry.

The show was pre-recorded over Twitter spaces last night and will be edited and released for Saturdays show. 

Going by what @Enigma is saying part of the show will also include an interview with Bill Clark. 

4 hours ago, Michael W said:

There's an article in The Courier today about our finances. As one may imagine, they are bad. Those culpable in this horrendous saga have gone and taken another massive shit on our balance sheet. 

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/2977113/raith-rovers-david-goodwillie-finances-john-sim/

I listen to The Price of Football which is a football finance podcast. We will feature in their show released Monday morning FYI

1 hour ago, Brashy's Boots said:
1 hour ago, Grant228 said:
Earlier in the season we released Watson, at the time he was a starting and fairly good player for us, it was certainly our loss and has been another clubs gain, it was though absolutely necessary. 
There absolutely not directly comparable in that Watson didn't nearly have as much goodwill in the bank, however his transgression is absolutely miles away from the severity of what McGlynn has done. 

This isn't point scoring between rivals, I just don't get the thinking of Raith fans that if McGlynn comes out and says sorry then he should be able to stay, at best if he says sorry it might preserve his legacy, but either way he needs to go. If he stays, then quite rightly the events of the past week will linger while he stays. 

That's why most are saying it depends very much on both what he says and what the club's next move is. I haven't seen anyone say he should stay if he simply says sorry.

I genuinely can't think of anything he'd say that would merit him keeping his job. At best a grovelling apology preserves his legacy. 

With so many volunteers having walked it’ll be interesting to see if we struggle to get the game on tomorrow, what staff is left? At the moment I’m not sure how much of a crowd we’ll have or if any volunteers will have returned as while the board have stated he won’t play my Red Line I’m sure like many for returning is Goodwillie needs to be gone! He’s currently still with us! Unless that changes I’m not sure I can attend.  Other will demand more heads to return I expect. 

5 hours ago, Jilted John said:

So did the managers of Falkirk, Partick and Livingston. Should they all be sacked for wanting to sign him too?

I went to Broadwood in our league one seasons. Should I be banned for contributing to his wages? Where does it all stop?

Bullshit :D It's well documented that as soon as the rumour came out in the paper we had multiple directors contact the local journalist that does all the Livi stuff to state in no uncertain terms that it would never be happening. He would never be allowed to get near our club.

53 minutes ago, Enigma said:

It’s around a half hour interview so safe to say it covers a fair bit of ground. Think the show might run 1-4pm tomorrow. It will be on catch up, as usual, for those who won’t be able to catch it all live.

Should just emphasise that as you’d expect Bill is very candid and open about everything Graeme puts to him. It’s not an interview any Raith Rovers fan looking for some clarity over the chain of a events (from Bill Clark’s perspective) should miss.

Edited by Enigma

The club should be proactively engaging with everyone who left and having honest discussions about where we go from here. 

For me the worst part of this whole fiasco was seeing people who love the club and donate so much of their time and efforts just walking off because of the actions of others. 

This club relies on volunteers and it relies on the fans generosity with so much bad feeling I don't know how tomorrow will play out. 

The Tuesday match was played against a nackdrop of a surreal kind of shock almost like a sudden bereavement. 

Edited by pub car king

12 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Should just emphasise that’s as you’d expect Bill is very candid and open about everything Graeme puts to him. It’s not an interview any Raith Rovers fan looking for some clarity over the chain of a events (from Bill Clark’s perspective) should miss.

Is anyone going to be sharing this clarity or is it being kept under wraps so as not to affect audience figures?

Just now, ribzanelli said:

Is anyone going to be sharing this clarity or is it being kept under wraps so as not to affect audience figures?

You’ll have to listen to the show, that’s the only place you’ll hear the interview.

14 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Should just emphasise that as you’d expect Bill is very candid and open about everything Graeme puts to him. It’s not an interview any Raith Rovers fan looking for some clarity over the chain of a events (from Bill Clark’s perspective) should miss.

^^^on a bonus.

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

^^^on a bonus.

I’m a “friend of the show” 😉

Edit: it’s community radio. We don’t see a penny for doing it I’m afraid!

Edited by Enigma

3 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I see the womens team have been rebranded as McDermid Ladies. The last few days have been an absolute shit show but things are in danger of becoming a bit pretty now. 

Hell hath no fury like woman scorned, in this case thats every woman and girl who were part of the family in some way, them and their future generations may be lost to us forever