The New Raith Rovers Thread

31 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

Is there really though?  I don’t think McCartney gets much of a say. She may be the CEO but she doesn’t run the club. She also doesn’t get to vote on board matters. I would agree it’s a strange set up however.

I’ve read a lot on the Goodwillie thing about how he never admitted his crime or sought forgiveness in order to deserve a second chance. I’m prepared to give the current BOD a chance to admit their mistakes and see what they aim to do to put things right before I lose complete faith in them.

The running of the club in recent years has been superb, let’s see what they can do now to rectify their own cluster f**k! Let’s be honest, we probably don’t have many others battering the door down to mount a takeover.

The current BOD are utterly toxic to this club their chance to U-Turn and apologise was ended on Tuesday night when they doubled down on signing Goodwillie. Bill Clark and Andy Mill will not return while those 4 are pulling the strings, both our main sponsors have specifically highlighted them still being in place as the major problem. Signing Goodwillie wasn’t a little mistake it was a monumental one that probably eclipses Anelka and saw fans willing to sink the club rather than see him play for us. I agree they’ve done some good things in the past but they are utterly finished at RRFC, we keep this BOD you might as well close the club as we’ll be finished at the end of the season when we’ve no sponsorship. These 4, the CEO and John McGlynn  have been broadcast to the entire country (UK not just Scotland) as being the ones who signed Goodwillie. The small amount of goodwill we have is in spite of these people and due to the actions of the people who stood against them and I guarantee it won’t last if we keep them in place. 

Edited by San Starko Rover

1 minute ago, Rovers_Lad said:

This

When goodwillie left the building he should have held the door open for the rest to follow suit

Presumably they were making sure it didn't hit him on the arse on the way out.

48 minutes ago, GordonD said:

What else are they going to do? The transfer window is shut so if they refuse to play alongside him they don't play anywhere. Probably better to have said nothing at all, except that everybody would have read volumes into that.

Do you really think if they had come out and said they won't play alongside him they would be sacked?  The uproar would be even worse than the actual signing of the rapist. So yes they should have spoken out like every man and there dog did.

9 hours ago, baillieinleeds said:

It still won’t be good enough for some. I’d rather he also decided to rip up the contracts of JMc and Smudger for sanctioning this signing. I’ve also sent a message to Alex Penman via Facebook to help get rid of Sim

Everyone involved in this signing should be removed from the club , Total disgrace 

26 minutes ago, Welly boy said:

Do you really think if they had come out and said they won't play alongside him they would be sacked?  The uproar would be even worse than the actual signing of the rapist. So yes they should have spoken out like every man and there dog did.

I said it a number of pages back

On 01/02/2022 at 17:29, mugen_power said:

Football players are like Boris Johnsons cabinet with their cronyism and boys club attitudes, a LOT of them will side with DGW and think the lassie was "at it" and the ones that don't will keep quiet for fear of being ostracised by their mates

They didn't speak out because they support him, the Gregory Tade and Kyle Benedictus views are what they all share unfortunately

13 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Very nice to have been out for the last 3 or 4 hours and not have 20+ new pages to read through. Saturday Sports Show was very good tonight, and enjoyed all contributors. A tough show show to chair but thought Grum did a cracking job. 

Is this available online anywhere mate? Really keen to listen. Also absolutely love Grum’s hosting, top class. 

Obviously emotions are still very raw given what’s unfolded at the club this week, so I can understand that todays statement hasn’t done much to calm the fury of some fans. However I don’t think that sacking the manger is the answer.

Nobody has done more for Raith Rovers over the last 20 years than John McGlynn, on or off the pitch. He turned us from a shambolic outfit rotting away in League 1 into a team challenging for promotion to the top tier. Twice. Even in the years he wasn’t employed by us, he was at every club event, fundraiser or testimonial he could manage. He was out in the community delivering supplies to the vulnerable during lockdown, and again at Christmas. He lives, sleeps and breathes this football club. He has dedicated his life to Raith Rovers and always given everything he could to try and bring us success.

In signing Goodwillie, he has made a monumental error of judgement. Perhaps he thought that because the player had been at Clyde for 5 years without causing too much of a stir that this wouldn’t go down too badly and people would see it the same we he did, as a good signing who would score goals. I don’t believe for a second that McGlynn would have signed the player if he understood the hurt and the outrage that it would cause, that’s obviously extremely naive on his part and I’m sure in hindsight he deeply regrets ever even considering it. However it’s not up to me to make his excuses for him and it would be good to hear him come out and say as much in an interview before Saturday.

The man is in our club’s hall of fame and there’s barely anyone more deserving of that status than him. I can’t control what other fans do but the thought of us hounding out one of our greatest ever managers over a mistake, even one as catastrophic as this one, is crazy. Cancel culture is rife in our society and people seem to believe that the only way to right a wrong is for a man to lose his livelihood and disappear from the public eye. I completely disagree with that and I think that if anyone has earned a chance to put this right it’s John McGlynn.

All he was trying to do was all he has ever tried to do during both his spells in Kirkcaldy, and that is bring success to the football club we all love.

4 minutes ago, Starkiplier said:

Obviously emotions are still very raw given what’s unfolded at the club this week, so I can understand that todays statement hasn’t done much to calm the fury of some fans. However I don’t think that sacking the manger is the answer.

Nobody has done more for Raith Rovers over the last 20 years than John McGlynn, on or off the pitch. He turned us from a shambolic outfit rotting away in League 1 into a team challenging for promotion to the top tier. Twice. Even in the years he wasn’t employed by us, he was at every club event, fundraiser or testimonial he could manage. He was out in the community delivering supplies to the vulnerable during lockdown, and again at Christmas. He lives, sleeps and breathes this football club. He has dedicated his life to Raith Rovers and always given everything he could to try and bring us success.

In signing Goodwillie, he has made a monumental error of judgement. Perhaps he thought that because the player had been at Clyde for 5 years without causing too much of a stir that this wouldn’t go down too badly and people would see it the same we he did, as a good signing who would score goals. I don’t believe for a second that McGlynn would have signed the player if he understood the hurt and the outrage that it would cause, that’s obviously extremely naive on his part and I’m sure in hindsight he deeply regrets ever even considering it. However it’s not up to me to make his excuses for him and it would be good to hear him come out and say as much in an interview before Saturday.

The man is in our club’s hall of fame and there’s barely anyone more deserving of that status than him. I can’t control what other fans do but the thought of us hounding out one of our greatest ever managers over a mistake, even one as catastrophic as this one, is crazy. Cancel culture is rife in our society and people seem to believe that the only way to right a wrong is for a man to lose his livelihood and disappear from the public eye. I completely disagree with that and I think that if anyone has earned a chance to put this right it’s John McGlynn.

All he was trying to do was all he has ever tried to do during both his spells in Kirkcaldy, and that is bring success to the football club we all love.

You shag one sheep.

I think once we have a competent board in place and fundamental change happens at that level (i.e. the 4 dickheads f**k off) then I'd entrust them with investigating how this shambles came about and whether the management team are fit and proper to continue leading our side.

We need sweeping changes in the boardroom and greater diversity of thought. Once we achieve that then further decisions can be made. We also need to rally round and instead of investing our money directly into the club be investing it to gain a greater share of decision making from a fan perspective.

Edited by OhnononoGeordieMunro