The New Raith Rovers Thread

This is not a football issue, it’s a society issue, I’m disgusted with the things I’ve heard today, as I thought we’d moved on a little. 
The Raith & perhaps Man U debacles have really brought things into focus in the last week, but! I’ll wager that after things settle down, there’ll be less & less focus on these issues.

I think what most charities and organisations etc are doing these days is trying to educate people on defining and recognising rape and abuse. I think we’re stuck in a culture where many people would argue that if it’s not a woman being pinned down and aggressively forced in a dark alley by a grimy stranger, then it isn’t rape. Christ, even when a story like that does emerge, we hear far too many “asking for it” comments.

As a society, we have come a long way in that regard, but when people excuse abuse because it didn’t go to a criminal court or they were in a relationship (amongst a plethora of other excuses people make), it shows we have a very long way to go.

43 minutes ago, RexTheCommander said:

Sad day, disappointed in the Raith Board not standing by their 1st statement and let a minority of Raith fan who actually go to the game and the majority of everyone else jumping on the moral high ground.

It was about a footballer, playing football.

So we should now just roll over, as there are no 2nd chances in life. 

Board, players and some Raith Rovers fans still supported the footballing decision. 

Are you for fecking real, if your a genuine supporter you should be at the head of the queue for being punted

13 minutes ago, Comrie said:

It was about a unrepentant rapist who is also a footballer being rewarded by allegedly becoming the highest earner at your club. 

2nd chances are not provided by default, you have to work for them. Goodwillie has done nothing of the sort.

Clyde was his “second chance”. He was seen as a reprehensible individual who no right minded individual wanted to see in their team’s shirt, but Clyde and an element of their support, didn’t care. They simply didn’t care what he had done, but I guess he was seen as being contained in the only little box that would have him……until two days ago.

So the world has moved on, but not for the Raith Board, not for the Raith management team, and most horrifically of all, not for the Raith CEO.

It is now up to the supporters and sponsors as to how the club’s reputation and trust is re-built, but for heaven’s sake, the departure of every single one of those involved has to be the pre-cursor to any meaningful rebuilding.

How could you put any trust in any of them ever again? This is not fixed with “sorry we got it wrong”.

The past few days have been extremely hard on me me as a Raith fan. 

Purely from a selfish point, Rovers have been a massive part of me and my family and I was looking forward to taking my girlfriend to her first Rovers game in the coming weeks (she was looking forward to it to, or so she tells me). After this sorry fiasco, I'm unsure whether or not to take her as I'm afraid of what the atmosphere will be like for the next while. She hasn't been aware of what's been happening and I'm ashamed to explain the reason I don't want her to go and for her to have to hear the likes of opposition fans shouting rape related obscenities as I've always told her it's a very welcoming community driven club. 

I just want my club to get back to where we were before all of this, and maybe I can reconsider taking my girlfriend and myself to a game.  Today's statement is hopefully the first step in the right direction, and maybe I can put my trust back in the club again the future. 

I'm really sorry if this post comes across as being selfish. I hope anyone affected by the past few days, especially any victims of rape are doing okay, and I'm sorry this all happened the way it has. 

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

58 years.

And?

Never forget that the typhoid of course came from a dodgy Dundee chain of shops. Dirty Tayside wanks trying to do down their betters but we saw them and their poison off.

22 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Wasn't there a "Dungvermin Pathetic" as well?

Dungvermin, Sumfermline, all very chuckle worthy. 

13 minutes ago, smpar said:

Unfortunately, I can guarantee a group of Pars fans will be at it for our next few games. 

Hope McGlynn, Smith and Benedictus get it fucking rotten tbh. 

I'm in full agreement that the fans on here, and the vast majority of Raith fans I've seen on social media have been absolutely  top class, their actions have managed to drag their club back into line, its genuinely quite incredible the u turn they've managed to enact when you look at that absolute shambles of a statement from a couple of days ago, however while they're still owned, and managed by rape apologists like Sim and McGlynn then undoubtedly they will get stick. It is shite on the fans that stepped up to ensure the c**t never played for there club, but when has that ever affected rival fans taking potshots at another club? It's not like Dunfermline fans personally ran the financial side of the club into the ground and took us into admin, however that's not stopped other fans taking some morale high ground over Dunfermline fans. And that will happen to fans of every club, is it the average Rangers fans fault that they were owned by a succession of charlatans who killed there club?probably not. Will I gleefully sing about Rangers being dead at Ibrox? Absolutely, get it right up them.

There's never been logic in insulting a clubs fanbase due to the actions of their owner, however while Sim, McGlynn and the others are still running Raith Rovers though they are absolutely fair game for getting called out for being rape apologists (Sim, McGlynn etc, not the fans). 

55 minutes ago, RexTheCommander said:

Sad day, disappointed in the Raith Board not standing by their 1st statement and let a minority of Raith fan who actually go to the game and the majority of everyone else jumping on the moral high ground.

It was about a footballer, playing football.

So we should now just roll over, as there are no 2nd chances in life. 

Board, players and some Raith Rovers fans still supported the footballing decision. 

^^^

Graham Spiers

8 minutes ago, Rovers2017 said:

The past few days have been extremely hard on me me as a Raith fan. 

Purely from a selfish point, Rovers have been a massive part of me and my family and I was looking forward to taking my girlfriend to her first Rovers game in the coming weeks (she was looking forward to it to, or so she tells me). After this sorry fiasco, I'm unsure whether or not to take her as I'm afraid of what the atmosphere will be like for the next while. She hasn't been aware of what's been happening and I'm ashamed to explain the reason I don't want her to go and for her to have to hear the likes of opposition fans shouting rape related obscenities as I've always told her it's a very welcoming community driven club. 

I just want my club to get back to where we were before all of this, and maybe I can reconsider taking my girlfriend and myself to a game.  Today's statement is hopefully the first step in the right direction, and maybe I can put my trust back in the club again the future. 

I'm really sorry if this post comes across as being selfish. I hope anyone affected by the past few days, especially any victims of rape are doing okay, and I'm sorry this all happened the way it has. 

Can she no read?

Edited by ribzanelli

Ok just woken up to this most welcome new from Mr Sim, ok that’s a good start but much more is required from you and those in your set.

Some fans may accept this but will the people YOU have let down the most? 
Will old sponsors return or new ones come on board to work with a commercial director of questionable principals. I don’t think so and as such he should resign forthwith.

Will volunteers return to work where the chairman, vice chair (how apt) and the club secretary have such a poor grasp of ethics and clearly do not share their principles? Again the answer is no and the former should at the very least step back from the football club (better still hand the lot to the trust) and the latter 2 should just resign taking the unprincipled and useless CEO with them.

Lastly, if it were to somehow transpire that the manager is blameless and was railroaded (remember it’s always John Sim’s ball and he makes all the calls) into a situation not of his making the he should be allowed to stay. If however he is found to be any way complicit to this deal then as yet another one lacking in morals, and quite simply he has to leave the club too.

Edited by ST Clair

3 hours ago, IDoNotKnowThisOne said:

Footballers are idiots, we shouldn't look to them for moral guidance, or guidance on anything that isn't football related, really.

I wouldn't even look to them for guidance on football. They fall over claiming they've been fouled, they greet and moan when things don't go their way, they claim a throw in, corner when they kick the ball out and shout and swear when they've been caught being a shite bag. Shower of c***s the lot of them.