The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Good that decent Rovers fans are pressuring their club into this. A farcical position to be in considering the decent season you've had so far.

If you punt McGlynn, will you appoint Grant?

I’ve heard Petrie is lined up to take over.

1 minute ago, Rob1885 said:

Glad the usual Sportsound panelists haven't broached the subject (that I've heard anyway). A car crash waiting to happen.

There was some discussion during OAM on Tuesday evening. Only Michael Stewart and Tom English spoke about it IIRC and they struck the right tone. Maybe for the best that they didn't ask any of the more "experienced" former professionals.

There was some discussion during OAM on Tuesday evening. Only Michael Stewart and Tom English spoke about it IIRC and they struck the right tone. Maybe for the best that they didn't ask any of the more "experienced" former professionals.
About the only 2 I'd trust to speak on the subject with any tact.

8 minutes ago, piebob said:

What an absolute clusterfuck this week has been. Until today, it really felt like someone had died and I was moving through the stages of grief wondering how such a big part of my life had been taken away from me. Thankfully, following the statement from the board, I can see a way back in. We're not there yet, not by a long way. First we need to see DG actually leave the club, followed by at least some of the board and sadly, the management team too. McGlynn had build a substantial legacy, but sadly fucked it in an instant and I can't see how he can stick around. 

Until there's progress on some of the above, I'm not sure if I will be back or not. Something for me to ponder further. But at least we've made the a first step. 

The reaction from Rovers fans and the wider Scottish Football family has been heartening. Hopefully this sorry situation prevents other clubs making similar mistakes in the future. 

Lastly, it's important we remember the real victim in all of this. I can only hope that the money raised in her name and against the attacker can provide her some comfort. 

Personally I hope Denise Clair is getting some comfort from watching the shitstorm Goodwillie has brought down on himself by leaving Clyde. I notice Paul Paton doesn’t give a shit about her mental health seeing this all brought up again by Goodwillie raising his head above the parapet.  It’s just a shame Goodwillie will receive financial reward out of this but surely he’s now finished as a footballer at any level. 

Think ignorance might be bliss in finding out what the majority of footballers think about this whole sorry affair.
Would probably put me off football for life if I had it confirmed how many of the players are thick c***s.

My thoughts exactly. I already hate half the players at my club without them potentially coming out with shite takes like Patons.

1 hour ago, Day of the Lords said:

I sincerely hope that Goodwillie loses a massive chunk of his payoff. The Accountant in Bankruptcy will be taking a serious interest in it anyway, which is pleasing. 

Trustee discharged in December. Does that mean he's fully out from under the bankruptcy no matter what? Is that why the move came about now?

1 hour ago, Pull My Strings said:

Very off topic and smacks of point scoring.

On topic of taking a moral standpoint

Denying child rape occurred within your institution due to a legal technicality 

How does that sit with the victims 

29 minutes ago, RiG said:

That w****r Brett described the Raith TV guys decision to walk out in protest at their club signing someone judged to be a rapist as "embarrassing". 

Perplexed as to how it is embarrassing to choose to spend someone’s own free time away from a full time job with family and friends instead of working completely voluntarily in an environment that supported a decision you don’t believe in. The line ‘thousands of hours’ in the RaithTV statement in regard to collective work was not an understatement.

Edited by Roath Raver

24 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

In a very crowded field, Dean Brett is without a doubt the thickest person associated with Scottish football. 

I saw one of Dean Brett's tweets pop up on my timeline yesterday only to find I'd muted him beforehand.  I vaguely remember something coming up before but is he not a massive anti-vaxxer as well?

I've never followed a current player of my own club on Twitter and this type of thing is a large part of the reason.  I have no intention of meeting the players or getting to know what they're like personally because I'd just rather not know.  

3 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Seeing some of these tweets supporting Goodwillie by players and ex players it’s absolutely shocking, it really is like these fuds live in a wee bubble.  I really hope they’re shown utter contempt by supporters. 

They do.  They live in a world that we don't participate in and to many of them we are nothing more than little people who should know our place.