The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

This specific point is more an appalling journalist issue than a Raith Rovers issue, but here's a take as bad as anything in this thread.

IMG-20220203-WA0030.thumb.jpg.2f77d312f836faf03bd4001be4de1d2a.jpg

Just Wow! How to help and protect him?

There is a real victim here, and this is an incredibly insensitive insult to her, as well as being simply wrong.

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Seems crazy that mcglynn would be under any pressure at Raith. He got them out league one without having the biggest budget and is competing at the top of the league against clubs with bigger budgets so God knows what's really expected of him there.

I expect him not to sign rapists. 

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Seems crazy that mcglynn would be under any pressure at Raith. He got them out league one without having the biggest budget and is competing at the top of the league against clubs with bigger budgets so God knows what's really expected of him there.

Ffs are you really that fucking stupid? People wanting him sacked has absolutely f**k all to do with form, budgets or league positions. 

I've not been able to keep up with all the comments. I'm not a Raith supporter so wanted to express my sympathies for those Raith supporters who have been associated with a despicable human being due to the actions of a board that lost all sense of reality. We've all had our share of idoiotic boards and owners decisions however the Raith's board decision may be the worst in living memory.

I believe the victim in Goodwillie's civil case is still owed money. Would it be possible for Raith to divert any monies owed to her from what they will now owe Goodwillie?

Also I would hope that some journalist or other is asking Clyde's management why they thought it was ok to have him in their team for so long. Partly to avoid Clyde or any other club getting any ideas of re-signing him and partly to ensure they don't get off without scrutiny for their decisions.

I might post more later but the last few days have been relentless. I've found it almost mentally exhausting. I can't imagine how brutal it's been for Denise Clair. I've never seen Rovers go into administration, but this was definitely the darkest time I've ever had with the club. I genuinely wish I could sit in a room with the board members and ask "what the f**k were you thinking?". It is undoubtedly one of the most cataclysmically dumb decisions in Scottish football.

The only positive is the fan response. £11k has been raised for Rape Crisis Scotland. There's been some tremendous shows of solidarity both from our support and backing from other clubs. Goodwillie's involvement in the Scottish game is an absolute shame, and I hope he's bombed out permanently. This isn't to shy away from any of the blame we deserve.

The cheating analogy is a good one. We're still here with the club, but it's definitely not the same relationship. I will never understand how a bunch of old men thought that this would have any other outcome. We have probably one of the most high profile feminists in Scotland as our most prominent sponsor.

Val is a credit to the club. She's been slaughtered from some sections of our support. I saw one post from some daft wee laddie in mid January saying she had "blood on her hands". I really hope we can reconcile with her moving forwards.

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Sim really is that kind of guy. No room for sentiment whatsoever.

13 minutes ago, RR #1 said:

So everyone is OK about this now? I certainly am not. I didn't want him playing for the club but now it seems we are going to have to pay off his entire contract as well as the ridiculous transfer fee and free him so he can get another contract elsewhere. What an absolute fucking shambles. And this comes after the club have done nothing but beg for money from fans for the last few years and you get mugs like me who work in low paying jobs who dip into their pocket time and time again. And for what? To fund this shite? 

I won't be putting another penny of my money into the club unless Sim and the other directors at fault personally take the financial hit on this or until Sim fucks off. 

I'm a bit more forgiving when it comes to the players not because I agree with their stance and comments of Bene but because I am pretty sure any other team's dressing room would have accepted this signing the same way ours has. Anyone who thinks otherwise is kidding themselves on. 

You might want to change your profile picture.

Only the first step, but clearly an important one. I feel massively relieved and more than a little bit proud of the wider Raith family for having achieved this much.

(Also want to give a nod of thanks to my employers, though I can't name them here. They're a very minor club sponsor but backed me completely and I know they were in touch with the club privately to do their bit.)

Clearly this isn't sufficient and there needs to be more repercussions within the staff at the club. But how much and what will it take? I'm not sure right now. Only this morning I was insisting it would need everyone involved in the decision to be out the club. Maybe that's more hardline than I need to be, I'll need to think on that. But nonetheless much more needs to be done.

But well done, all of you, thus far.

16 hours ago, CALDERON said:

I won't be posting on this forum for the forseeable about Raith Rovers.  The past few days have been heart breaking and I genuinely don't know where my beloved club goes from here.

It's been a blast folks.

Worst resignation ever.

I decided not to post again until I could feel any sort of positive vibe around our club.  This is a start. 

13 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

This specific point is more an appalling journalist issue than a Raith Rovers issue, but here's a take as bad as anything in this thread.

Personally I'd prefer it if we found better ways to support the victims of rape and not the scumbags who did it.

12 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Pretty certain Spiers has form for this with  Craig Thomson, and was also desperate to help get Malky MacKay back into employment.

He’s a total p***k.

41 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Must admit I feel a bit weird about the fact I really want to go to the game on Saturday after all this. Will probably make a decision on the day.

I've decided to go and -

1. back the players on the park 100%

2. give dugs abuse to the board 100%

3. Management team - jury's out but not looking great

1 minute ago, CALDERON said:

Worst resignation ever.

I decided not to post again until I could feel any sort of positive vibe around our club.  This is a start. 

Welcome back. Just put your poker face on and say today's development wasn't foreseen and then brazen it out. You'll get some stick but it'll blow over in a day or two.

Aye Speirs is a complete dinosaur which is a shame as I used to enjoy his ability of getting the **** foaming at the mouth.

He is trying to make a good point but somehow finds himself way off the mark. I am a big believer in rehabilitation and second chances and more needs to be done in that regard. However, it’s a two way straight and Goodwillie has first of all shown absolutely no remorse for his actions and instead chose to focus on the negative impact it’s had on his life. Secondly he must put the work in to show that he has changed. Until he does this then society owes him absolutely nothing and have no duty to protect him.

So relieved we’ve won this battle now let’s win the war and chase the people behind this permanent stain on our name.  

Still ashamed of the decision by our board and manager but I’m absolutely delighted by the response from so many within our club and the support that’s been shown by supporters from other clubs, you know it’s bad when your rivals feel for you. 

We’ve still a long way to go but this is a start