The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

I think P&B rules mean you need to wait a month between name changes. This whole debacle has been so fast moving I've still got 28 days to go! 

It’ll be good to see the R back, but you take all the time you need and hopefully those responsible are dealt with and out of the club. 

4 minutes ago, Hazbart said:

I’m not sure that’s how contract law works champ. Raith would’ve had full disclosure of his history prior to offering him a contract.

By then breaching said contract, Raith could find themselves in a spot of bother.

Had he raped someone whilst employed by Raith, it would be an entirely different scenario.

I’m not defending DG by any stretch of the imagination, he is a rapist and an absolute scumbag.

Are you chaps not talking at cross purposes? Rovers almost certainly will have to pay Goodwillie off unless they have a very brilliant lawyer who is able to argue that the contract has been frustrated (highly unlikely) or Goodwillie decides to walk away for free (likewise). Against that though there would be scope for Goodwillie to claim for losses beyond the end of the contract because Rover's actions have made him unemployable. I think Craig was referencing that second cause of claim rather than the first (the direct losses from terminating the contract early). Any future loss of earnings beyond the initial contract is surely stymied by his own actions and not because of Rovers.

Well the tumour has been extracted… but there is still the issue of those who made and sanctioned the decision.

I think our CEO has to go, frankly, and I think McGlynn and Smith probably do too, I can maybe envisage a “full and frank” apology and them seeing out the season but I’ll be surprised if they’re in post come June. It’s deeply saddening as a previous McGlynn “fanboy” but it probably has to be.

What’s clear though is we need new blood on the board and the likes of Tom Morgan probably need to call it a day.

Sim, though, I can’t see going anywhere, at least I’m actuality. He might resign as chairman of RRFC but stay, as before, as chair of SPP and become the ‘cloistered emperor’. I can’t see that being enough for the likes of Val. A lot of bridges have been burned through this entire episode.

Just now, RaithRyan said:

Rumours doing the rounds Rangers are/or have recalled Ben Williamson due to what’s went on potentially hampering his development. 

anyone heard anything? 

I heard the same rumour. We are morally inferior to Rangers, fucksakes.

57 minutes ago, Firefoxer said:

This player was found 'guilty ' by a victim compensation board an opinion based board where no evidence or proof is submitted. 

This is extremely worrying way to go about things in a civilised society castigating and labelling wrongly  an individual based on opinion no proper evidence. 

He is innocent man to pursue his career whatever that be but labelled a 'rapist ' by a victim based organisation which reaches its decision based on opinion. 

This is a medieval stick him in the stocks mentality doesn't help the woke pathetic feminist lobby we have in scotland jumping all over this abandoning all proper criminal process. 

Morning David - what you doing with your day off?

It wasn't long ago at all that Raith fans seemed to be very positive about pretty much everything to do with the club.

Well done to the board and John McGlynn for completely shattering that in the space of a few days.

This whole episode has been a truly staggering lack of awareness from the decision makers at the club, and it's not like they've even got the excuse of claiming that they misread the situation and didn't expect this reaction - when Goodwillie was mooted as a signing a few weeks back many people made their opinions on the matter very clear. Anyone culpable in this surely can't survive the fallout. McGlynn in particular has been great for Raith, but he's totally fucked it.

Edited by Nightmare

58 minutes ago, Firefoxer said:

This player was found 'guilty ' by a victim compensation board an opinion based board where no evidence or proof is submitted. 

This is extremely worrying way to go about things in a civilised society castigating and labelling wrongly  an individual based on opinion no proper evidence. 

He is innocent man to pursue his career whatever that be but labelled a 'rapist ' by a victim based organisation which reaches its decision based on opinion. 

This is a medieval stick him in the stocks mentality doesn't help the woke pathetic feminist lobby we have in scotland jumping all over this abandoning all proper criminal process.

This is surely the worst post on P&B history, right?

Absolute stick-on that you’re an old pub bore who reeks of his own pish.

1 minute ago, Pull My Strings said:

Are you chaps not talking at cross purposes? Rovers almost certainly will have to pay Goodwillie off unless they have a very brilliant lawyer who is able to argue that the contract has been frustrated (highly unlikely) or Goodwillie decides to walk away for free (likewise). Against that though there would be scope for Goodwillie to claim for losses beyond the end of the contract because Rover's actions have made him unemployable. I think Craig was referencing that second cause of claim rather than the first (the direct losses from terminating the contract early). Any future loss of earnings beyond the initial contract is surely stymied by his own actions and not because of Rovers

The incident was what 10 years ago? He’s had some income and been employed Football since. If he fails to get a new club because  Rovers, have made him unemployable due to their poor handling of the situation it could be interesting.

1 hour ago, Firefoxer said:

20220201_210913.jpg

1 hour ago, Firefoxer said:

f**k off you thick c**t.

Well at least step 1 of putting this in the rear view mirror has been done, a long way to go.

With regards to the McGlynn, it was for sure his worst decision ever to propose him as a signing to the board. Am i disappointed in him for doing so, absolutely..Was it a huge mistake..absolutely.. Is it recoverable? who knows? His reputation has been tarnished big time. 

That being said , i dont want him sacked over it. If he chooses to walk then his call and life goes on. I am sure he underatands the gravity of the situation caused more than anyone, he looked genuinely gutted after the game on Tues at what he has caused by his own doing and may well fall on his own decision.

I do not think he is a rapist 'apologist' nor do i think he just said no problem lets sign him without considering the impact. In the end he made the wrong choice and its baffling how he thought it was the right one other than a huge miscalculation into where society was in putting this into the past.

Does not make him a bad guy to have made a mkstake here. He is probably more gutted than anyone at how this has panned out and the carnage it has caused to the club..fans..sponsors and all of football..etc..

I think he will go on his own terms as he is probably distraught at himself for making the wrong call in the first place.

But i will be returning on Saturday to support the 10 players on the park who have done nothing wrong here...

1 minute ago, Hazbart said:

The incident was what 10 years ago? He’s had some income and been employed Football since. If he fails to get a new club because  Rovers, have made him unemployable due to their poor handling of the situation it could be interesting.

I think you'd be hard pushed to argue that it was Rovers' actions which made him unemployable rather than his own.

Well lads, what a crazy, crazy few days. 

I am going to choose to accept the club’s apology on this matter, with caveats. The main one being that I need to hear from McGlynn in the next few days. If he shows any form of frustration or anger that the transfer has been cancelled and he didn’t get his player then he needs to go, without question. I am going to choose to believe, naively perhaps, that McGlynn didn’t fully appreciate the ramifications of this transfer due to existing within a football-centric bubble. I need to hear that he is sorry for this whole episode and that it should never have happened. I have been John McGlynn’s biggest fan since he returned and would’ve happily seen a statue of him erected outside the main stand and handed him a lifetime contract. I am fully aware of how much this is probably affecting my thinking, but I am a simple man and have mountains of respect for how he has nearly single handedly turned the fortunes of my football club around from the dark days of Gary Locke and John Hughes. 

Upon reflection, that £120,000 that the fans raised in the first lockdown should never have simply been donated as a gift to the club. The immediate problem we found ourselves in ultimately blinded us. That money should have been transferred into something tangible and given us more of a voice - this is something that should never be repeated. 

I am immensely proud of every volunteer who has walked away from the club over the last few days - you made this happen. I am beyond pleased that we will never have that eternal stain on our record and that the correct decision has been made, despite it costing us close to £220,000.