The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Without making any comment on the case whatsoever (and the judgement looks perfectly sound) you can't weigh evidence by literally counting the number of words used by someone. That's mental.

You have taken that out of context though. The reference to the quantity of evidence was not to weigh it- it was a direct rebuttal of the quoted post, which said: "This player was found 'guilty ' by a victim compensation board an opinion based board where no evidence or proof is submitted." [my emphasis]

10 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

I mean I’m happy the Raith fans who now feel they will be able to return to their club while others may do so in time.

However as sad as it is Goodwillie is probably the biggest winner in this. He’s not going to walk away from his contract for nothing he’ll probably get all of his 2 and a half year deal paid up and slink off in to the sunset a richer man. As others have said if he was smart he’d disappear to the Czech second division or some pish to see his career out, but Darvel or some pish beckons IMO.

His criminal convictions for assault (not the rape, just the ones for battering folk in the street) may make it hard for him to get a visa (for the Czech Republic, not a visa for Ayrshire).

To be honest mate it would have been a mcglynn decision to sign him.  There’s no way the board would say we have decided to account and sign Goodwillie for Raith.  It’s the manager who decides what players he wants to sign
It's the board which approves the manager's proposals or not. They are all culpable, apart from the 2 who were against it and have since resigned.

14 minutes ago, keyser_soze said:

Put him and garden leave, Sim pays the contract out of his own pocket and not from RRFC (his penance for his part in this saga) player still under contract and unable to play for anyone else.

You might imagine it playing out that way, but you have seen the very essence of what your Board and Manager really are.

That statement should have been accompanied by a resignation letter. As someone mentioned, the contrition is for under estimating the public outcry. They would have been willing to have been despised for a couple of weeks in exchange for 6 league points.

I presume they are now saying the previous statement was nothing more than a pile of lies and nonsense, or do they still see him as “part of the Raith family”?

The damage is done. Those who actively pursued this need to go. That is the only way that this will begin to end. Until they are gone, the association of RR and DG won’t go away. 
Consider away matches……your current Board members entering the Board room of other clubs……..it really cannot be happening. Your female CEO is now branded as a liar as well as being a key driver in this whole sorry saga.

Get rid of them all.

This is a stupid statement.  The previous poster was correct, RR knew the Goodwillie story before they signed him.  They will have to come up with some form of decent compensation or yes, they could be sued by DG 

The poster was talking about loss of *future* earnings, ie after he leaves Raith Rovers. Clearly Raith will be responsible for the contract they agreed to on Monday.

Ideal scenario from where we are would see the directors who sanctioned this, along with McGlynn stumping up the cash to pay him off personally, rather than paying him from the club. I’d also expect a significant and public donation to Rape Crisis Scotland and/or announcements of some sort of education that they participate in on the subject of sex crimes and the long term (lifelong) impact that this has on victims.

I’m glad Raith Rovers fans never have to see that beast play for the club and I genuinely hope that their club can help to rebuild trust and respect with the fans and the community. For this to happen though, I think there has to be significant changes within the boardroom.

Unfortunately, with this board in charge, I can see a scenario of Raith loaning him back to Clyde for the rest of the season and bringing him back in the summer, hoping everyone’s forgotten about it. That’s genuinely how ignorant I think these people are.

Hats off to every fan, supporter, volunteer, sponsor and anyone else who has spoken out against this and taken a stand to show the board that their actions/decisions were abysmal. Great credit to you all. It can’t have been easy to stand up against your club but you have rightly taken the stance to show that some things are much more important than football. You are a real credit to your club and can take great pride in yourselves.

6 minutes ago, third lanark said:

To be honest mate it would have been a mcglynn decision to sign him.  There’s no way the board would say we have decided to account and sign Goodwillie for Raith.  It’s the manager who decides what players he wants to sign

The manager might say who he wants to sign, but the board still have the power to tell him to f**k off.

Can't see McDermid coming back while the person who lied to her face about it is still on the board.

f**k me. I've only just seen the Kyle Benedictus 'Goodwillie has the backing of the team' story.

There's not been a single winner - other than Goodwillie - in all of this sorry fiasco.

Rovers are a laughing stock and will be massivley out of pocket over the whole thing.

McGlynn, the board who sanctioned the move and now seemingly the Rovers squad are nothing more than apologists for a rapist.

The club statement reeks of "we're sorry you are angry that we signed a rapist", rather than being genuinely sorry for signing a rapist.

The Rovers support and advertisers will feel badly let down and compoletely lack any trust in those who run the club.

A fucking mental statre of affairs that was entirely predictable before the move even happened.

Proper mental stuff.

Just now, Grant228 said:

Well done to the Raith fans, the emails, the volunteers walking away, well done. Outstanding. 

f**k the rapist. 

……….and the posts from every non RR supporter who have ensured that this did not become a “banter pile on”. Well done.

25 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

A big relief to Rovers fans, no doubt. But surely those who sanctioned the move in the first place will have to go before the relationship with supporters can be re-built?

Yes, 100%.

They've made a total arse of our great club and the reputational damage is irreparable. 

I hope some continue to boycott as a show of just how disgusted you are with the current regime. And if you don’t then I hope you spend 90 minutes every Saturday launching abuse at the board and your management team. Support the players…..but not the board/management team 

2 minutes ago, third lanark said:

Agreed, and I'm not sure the specific scenario that would leave me ok with McGlynn remaining. Something along the lines of McGlynns only remit is the football and the BoD are responsible for the wider impact on the club. McGlynn may have even given them a warning about the background told them he'd be uncomfortable with etc and the board ploughed ahead anyway. I'd agree the chances of this being the case are minimal but I'd be willing to consider the detail if it is offered.

All I'm saying is that there is a chance (a very small chance) he may not be as culpabe or accountable for this as the board members who sanctioned it.

If he demanded it and is now pissed off that DG is not going to don the jersey then he can get in the fucking sea.

1 minute ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

f**k me. I've only just seen the Kyle Benedictus 'Goodwillie has the backing of the team' story.

There's not been a single winner - other than Goodwillie - in all of this sorry fiasco.

Rovers are a laughing stock and will be massivley out of pocket over the whole thing.

McGlynn, the board who sanctioned the move and now seemingly the Rovers squad are nothing more than apologists for a rapist.

The club statement reeks of "we're sorry you are angry that we signed a rapist", rather than being genuinely sorry for signing a rapist.

The Rovers support and advertisers will feel badly let down and compoletely lack any trust in those who run the club.

A fucking mental statre of affairs that was entirely predictable before the move even happened.

Proper mental stuff.

That is the scar that will never heal.

……….and even if you are told that someone on the Board will pay up the contract out if their own pocket, you just know that somewhere down the line, it’s the supporters who will ultimately pay.

38 minutes ago, Firefoxer said:

This player was found 'guilty ' by a victim compensation board an opinion based board where no evidence or proof is submitted. 

30 minutes ago, welshbairn said:
10 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Without making any comment on the case whatsoever (and the judgement looks perfectly sound) you can't weigh evidence by literally counting the number of words used by someone. That's mental.

5 minutes ago, Duke Gekantawa said:

You have taken that out of context though. The reference to the quantity of evidence was not to weigh it- it was a direct rebuttal of the quoted post, which said: "This player was found 'guilty ' by a victim compensation board an opinion based board where no evidence or proof is submitted." [my emphasis]

Well no, the initial halfwit referenced a CICA payment which our friend rebutted by posting a link to a judgement in an entirely separate action (which presumably is where the 30,000 words comes from) as if to suggest that the number of words in a judgement is any reflection on the evidence given or upheld in an action (in this case a different action).

The halfwit is wrong but not because someone wrote a lengthy judgement in a different action. He's wrong because CICA do require some evidence to make an award, albeit their judgement has no bearing on the guilt of any party because the alleged wrongdoer in a CICA case has no right of reply.

Anyway, apologies to everyone else for the tiresome digression.