The New Raith Rovers Thread

7 minutes ago, Lex said:

The ‘winners’ here are going to be Clyde and David Goodwillie. The player is going to get the majority (or all) of a 2 and a half year full time contract paid to him in a lump sum.
And Clyde got a transfer fee for a player who’s going to be back playing for them shortly.

Are they? My understanding is, unless Rovers loan him out, he won’t be allowed to be registered to another club until the end of the season at least?

1 minute ago, billyg said:

It's not , it's a bit ott,  but it's not nonsense. He still protests his innocence saying what happened was consensual , and court didn't have the evidence to prove otherwise. 

Isn't this the reason why he's never said sorry? Wouldn't this be seen as an admission of guilt and evidence that could be used by the PF to open criminal proceedings?

1 minute ago, accies1874 said:

Aside from absolutely everything else, McGlynn has made a signing he thinks Raith need and the board have presumably overruled him (after approving it) after the transfer window has closed.

McGlynn will probably be raging and might walk anyway.

If that does happen then good riddance.

I'm not sure he would get another gig in Scottish football if that was his stance.

I've said above, there is a very small chance I could return with McGlynn at the helm but it depends on the detail of how the deal came about. 

if im him, and thank god im not, I would take my 300K from Raith and go play football in another country, a year or 2 and he will be setup for life thru this raith mess

I think he had that option before but he doesn’t want to leave Scotland. If Raith don’t want to give him the full value of his contract he could just show up at training for two and a half years while getting his full time salary, and not get selected once.

Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

The fact he hasn't actually played for Raith does that count?

Aye he has to physically play for them for that to come into it I think.  

Err , no , he's an alleged rapist , and neither you , me or anyone else knows the whole story !

I won’t be taking anyone who types word salad like this seriously thank you.

But yes, he is a rapist. He raped someone and isn’t sorry about it.

This whole thing has been a mess from start to finish but at least they have put out a statement that doesn’t make the situation worse. 

I’m still conflicted about going back whilst McGlynn and the board members are in place though. I’m not sure when I’ll be back at Starks Park. 

Felt a huge sense of relief reading that statement, especially after the pathetic comments from Benedictus earlier.

It’s good news that Goodwillie will not play for the club. That’s just a first step though because the club still pushed this through and had to be dragged kicking and screaming to the right outcome.

They have ruined Raith Rovers’ reputation for years and also torched a huge sun of money over an individual who should have never been considered as a target.

Several people need to be held accountable for this and step down from their positions. Until they do so, the fans should not let up.

4 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

Sim can do that with his own money. Not the fans…….hopefully. 

Put him and garden leave, Sim pays the contract out of his own pocket and not from RRFC (his penance for his part in this saga) player still under contract and unable to play for anyone else.

You'd have to imagine that Goodwillie is done now unless he does slither back to Clyde (who will likely get panned again for signing him) or he'll end up in the juniors. Regardless of what he does next you imagine he will be wanting as much of his contract paid up as possible in case this is the last one he gets. Sore one for Rovers fans given how much this will cost them but it's almost certainly worth it after the events of the last few days.

Those is good news indeed and I am thankful he never played a game. Absolutely nobody will come out of this unharmed. 

The player will likely end up in the juniors as he is now such toxic property to even go back to Clyde. 

The club have lost so much good will and so many amazing volunteers and sponsors many of whom will never come back.

We are in a crisis with a third of the season to go but I would urge calm at this time we need to limp over the line this season in whatever position that will be and look at everything in the summer. 

McGlynn and Smith are out of contract and may choose to walk away themselves. The board need to have a long hard look in the mirror and the club needs to pick up the pieces with the community and start again. 

For what it's worth I think McGlynn has felt the pressure to go up and has looked at it solely from the football point of view no doubt under pressure from Sim and the board who have seen the pound signs of promotion. 

Delighted for the raith fans that they can make the first step back to recovering their love for a club that has let them down badly, but it should not and I imagine will not be forgotten that the board doubled down on their decision even after the initial outcry and pulling of funding from major sponsors. 

They didn't care at that point and they are only apologising now because the thing has snowballed massively outwith their control. They're not sorry they signed him, they're sorry they were forced in to changing their mind. 

Over the past couple of days, we listened carefully to the fans who have got in touch and I’m very grateful for their honesty.

Maybe should have listened to the ones who got in touch before the signing, but oh well.

At least he’s going (or gone). Genuinely delighted for the decent Raith fans on here and elsewhere. 

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Surely he can be removed from the bod though and still own the club and ground. Roman A owns Chelsea but he ain't on the bod.

Yes indeed,. That carries a huge risk though. Isolate the club owner against his will and the damage he could do would make the Goodwillie horror show look meek in comparison.

The apology whilst pathetic is not unexpected. There was no way DG was ever going to pull on a Rovers top after the past few days.

More interesting, will be whether the fans on here continue to hold out for big change, or merely accept the apology like wimps and brush all this shit show under the carpet to be forgotten in a few weeks time.