The New Raith Rovers Thread

3 minutes ago, renton said:

Management team are out of contract in the Summer anyway. Might be a nice easy way of easing them out, alongside Karen mcCartney who is unlikly to hang around once we punt her husband.

Well done to all the Raith Rovers fans for pressurising the board in getting the signing reversed.  Stuck to your morals and ground.

The way your board has behaved to you has been disgusting and you deserve so much better.

John McGlynn will have played a huge part in choosing to sign Goodwillie and beggars belief he thought that everyone should just accept it given the guys past.

Who is Karen McCartney?

Just now, RRFC1989 said:

I hope Goodwillie’s contract is funded by Sim’s money, not the clubs. He’s ultimately signed this off and he should pay for it.

Exactly. It's a disgrace that we've p*ssed away so much of our playing budget on this. It could affect us for years on the pitch.

the damage is done for raith
goodwillies football career is over 

He’ll be back at Clyde surely?
Assuming Sturgeon won’t ask for the SPFL to intervene there…

Just now, third lanark said:

Well done to all the Raith Rovers fans for pressurising the board in getting the signing reversed.  Stuck to your morals and ground.

The way your board has behaved to you has been disgusting and you deserve so much better.

John McGlynn will have played a huge part in choosing to sign Goodwillie and beggars belief he thought that everyone should just accept it given the guys past.

Who is Karen McCartney?

Club CEO, who apparently negotiated the deal.

Also happens to be married to Paul Smith, our assistant manager - which always felt like a conflict of interest to me.

1 minute ago, Steakngravys Maw said:

It's not as simple as getting rid of Sim. The man owns the club and more importantly the ground the club sits on.

Who's going to have the cash to make that happen?

Surely he can be removed from the bod though and still own the club and ground. Roman A owns Chelsea but he ain't on the bod.

This player was found 'guilty ' by a victim compensation board an opinion based board where no evidence or proof is submitted. 
This is extremely worrying way to go about things in a civilised society castigating and labelling wrongly  an individual based on opinion no proper evidence. 
 He is innocent man to pursue his career whatever that be but labelled a 'rapist ' by a victim based organisation which reaches its decision based on opinion. 
This is a medieval stick him in the stocks mentality doesn't help the woke pathetic feminist lobby we have in scotland jumping all over this abandoning all proper criminal process. 

He’s a rapist and you’re a rape apologist.

Aside from absolutely everything else, McGlynn has made a signing he thinks Raith need and the board have presumably overruled him (after approving it) after the transfer window has closed.

McGlynn will probably be raging and might walk anyway.

4 minutes ago, Firefoxer said:

This player was found 'guilty ' by a victim compensation board an opinion based board where no evidence or proof is submitted. 

This is extremely worrying way to go about things in a civilised society castigating and labelling wrongly  an individual based on opinion no proper evidence. 

He is innocent man to pursue his career whatever that be but labelled a 'rapist ' by a victim based organisation which reaches its decision based on opinion. 

This is a medieval stick him in the stocks mentality doesn't help the woke pathetic feminist lobby we have in scotland jumping all over this abandoning all proper criminal 

A very late contender for most nonsense on this topic. In fact, I'm going to give you it sir. Congrats on that atleast. Brutal.

8 minutes ago, billyg said:

Clyde have already played Celtic Colts this season , there were no issues , and Goodwillie scored in the match. St Mirren have sent various players on loan to Clyde over the last few seasons , mainly young forwards , who played alongside and learned from Goodwillie. Danny Lennon made him club captain , with no  consequences. As I said before , I woudn't want him at my club , but the above and the likes ,  are a complete overreaction .

Why wouldn't you want him at your club then? Sounds like quite the role model.

To all Rovers sponsors , volunteers, staff ,directors etc who have made a stand against this ludicrous decision

I SALUTE EACH AND EVERY 1 OF YOU.

Will take a long time to recover from this but I am sure in time you will.

Always enjoyed my trips to the San Starko and if we come up this season( and you stay down 🤣) will see you again in 22/23

6 minutes ago, Firefoxer said:

This is a medieval stick him in the stocks mentality doesn't help the woke pathetic feminist lobby we have in scotland jumping all over this abandoning all proper criminal process. 

Always knew you were mental M76 but trolling around this is despicable.

Typical Junior thicko.

Just now, Lex said:

He’ll be back at Clyde surely?
Assuming Sturgeon won’t ask for the SPFL to intervene there…

I suspect Clyde will have looked at the last week, and may well cry off. They kind of got away with it 4 years ago, but would get slaughtered for it now.

Genuinely amazed at this walk back. Amazed. If ever there was incident to show fans that these auld c***s that stink out clubs up and down the country who are only there for the blazer need punted to Pluto, here it is. 

I hope the Raith fans get the changes they need to feel their club is theirs again.

7 minutes ago, Firefoxer said:

There was over 30 thousand words of evidence.

https://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/search-judgments/judgment?id=d22e28a7-8980-69d2-b500-ff0000d74aa7

Here is the fix

John Sim has to pay Goodwillie has contractual wage in full.

Then the famous four have to be removed from the boardroom along with the management. As their actions have dragged our once proud club into the gutter. I include Mrs McCartney in this.

The following people have to be brought back

Directors

Bill Clark …………..chairman
Val McDermid……Vice chair
Andy Mill …………..supporters
Dave Hancock…….media and communications (vital role)

Management ……Berra/McDonald

We can then put this awfull mess behind us and maybe get some kudos from learning from this and taking action promptly. if not the circus will continue and my team will become a pariah.

Step 1 accomplished