The New Raith Rovers Thread

The statement I guess is a start but, and I appreciate I'm an outsider looking in, it shouldn't mean a line is drawn under this. 

The contractual obligations that Rovers have with Goodwillie need to be addressed and IMO need to be addressed somehow without using sponsors/fans money to do so. Otherwise they are funding his wages just as they would have been doing had he been playing. 

Those responsible now have the responsibility to meet this contractual obligations. And then consider their positions. McGlynn as an employee should be removed from post though he might have a claim for unfair dismissal as ultimately he didn't sign Goodwillie.  

7 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Damage is already done imo. Mcglynn needs to walk for wanting him in the first place and the current board need to walk for sanctioning it.

Yup, and hopefully a community consortium will be put in place to rid this shower of shite from Raith Rovers

Well, congratulations to the Raith Rovers fans who've been through the wringer this week. A really textbook grassroots campaign and some real bravery shown. Fair play.

A lot of things still to happen in the weeks and months ahead but it's a really big victory in determining what sort of club you want yours to be. Fan power still works.

As for the footballer, Clyde is at the outermost reaches of his expectations now. This case has attracted international attention and playing somewhere else, even part time in front of 600 people, seems optimistic. Chairmen and managers will be spooked.  The player is so radioactive his only likely move is to Stroitel Pripyat, now. A long period of gardening leave with a dwindling pay off is a likely outcome.

The ‘winners’ here are going to be Clyde and David Goodwillie. The player is going to get the majority (or all) of a 2 and a half year full time contract paid to him in a lump sum.
And Clyde got a transfer fee for a player who’s going to be back playing for them shortly.
What a massive f**k up by the Rovers. Surely McGlynn will be sacked for this?

1 minute ago, Firefoxer said:

This player was found 'guilty ' by a victim compensation board an opinion based board where no evidence or proof is submitted. 

This is extremely worrying way to go about in a civilised society. 

He is innocent man to pursue his career whatever that be but labelled a 'rapist ' by a victim based organisation which reaches its decision based on opinion. 

This is a medieval stick him in the stocks mentality not to mention the woke pathetic feminist lobby we have in scotland .

Complete arrant nonsense from start to finish. 

I still won't be anywhere near the club until the people who concluded that this was a good idea despite the outcry from fans, sponsors etc are away. 

The transfer and the closely related disregard of said supporters by the board has disgusted me.

I gave up the majority of my volunteering (15 years worth) to enjoy a calmer matchday at the beginning of this season. 

I'm more than willing to volunteer again and do everything I can to help get the club back to where we were before this fiasco. Only once the people who made the decision are gone. 

14 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Surely that's him done as a player now.  Not even Clyde would touch him you wouldn't have thought?

wonder if he’d have grounds to sue RR for loss of future earnings. They knew who he was and what he’d done before they signed him. Now he’ll Be lucky to kick a ball again…

I wouldn’t think it’s as simple as them Just breaching his current contract. 

Hope he’s still got Derek Stillie’s number. 

Just now, Florentine_Pogen said:

Don't think that crocodile tear apology will cut any ice with Val McDermid.

No, it wont.

I personally can't see anyway back for the directors who voted for the deal, particularly the story from McDermid about the assurances she was given. 

The management team depends on the detail of how this deal transpired. I would need to see that before making my mind up fully on our future association with McGlynn and Smith. If nothing comes out then they need to go too but if it becomes apparant that they fully warned the BoD of the likely consequences then there may be a case for them to remain... maybe. Depends on the detail for me.

5 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

It still won’t be good enough for some. I’d rather he also decided to rip up the contracts of JMc and Smudger for sanctioning this signing. I’ve also sent a message to Alex Penman via Facebook to help get rid of Sim

It's not as simple as getting rid of Sim. The man owns the club and more importantly the ground the club sits on.

Who's going to have the cash to make that happen?

3 minutes ago, Lex said:

The ‘winners’ here are going to be Clyde and David Goodwillie. The player is going to get the majority (or all) of a 2 and a half year full time contract paid to him in a lump sum.
And Clyde got a transfer fee for a player who’s going to be back playing for them shortly.
What a massive f**k up by the Rovers. Surely McGlynn will be sacked for this?

Not this season he won’t be. Window is closed so he’ll be left to rot until the summer.