The New Raith Rovers Thread

13 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

For full time footballers in particular this is their main job, how hard in reality would it be to arrange this post lunch? The SPFL / SFA could send people round the clubs or have them up to Hampden or another conference area to speak enmasse. Alot of teams only train for a few hours in the morning or afternoon, so even one day a month extend things a little. 

It should happen, I'm not sure it does, or if it does the degree of commitment to attending or completing the required training.

I think we need an honest and transparent account of the discussions and decisions that led to the signing. Once we have seen that we can decide if anyone deserves a reprieve here.

In the absence of that, I won't be back until McGlynn, Smith and the four directors who voted for the deal are gone as a minimum.

"We share a desire to do what is best for our club and will be doing everything in our power to regain the trust and confidence of the Raith Rovers family."

Is this the family that DG was a welcome part of 48 hours ago?

Anyway, it's a start. Still reads a bit like 'we're sorry you're offended' to me.

Hopefully the start of a revolution for the decent Rovers fans to get the club back in decent hands.

I know there will still be many that don't want to step back inside Stark's yet but I would ask any that are thinking about to come along on Saturday. Let the board and management team know what you think of them. They deserve every bit of flack going. But come and back the players, they are caught up in all of this and need our support.

Nah I’m not having that. They’ve backed down due to the reaction of the fans and because they’ve realised they can’t operate with the sponsors and volunteers that have quit. Nothing to do with them realising what they did was wrong and I hope the club aren’t let off easily here.

About time but further action needed.

We’ll no doubt get our pants pulled down by Goodwillie contractually as he holds all the cards. He’ll never get another club and this is his final payday.

Doubt we can afford him now anyway but please don’t sign Griffiths.

Just to add:

To everyone of a Rovers persuasion who stood against this in anyway shape or form, I am immensely proud of each and every one of you. We are a long way from it but if there is a light at the end of the tunnel it could be that we become the club that finally stood up to this c**t being part of Scottish Football when so many have been so silent for so long.

Like I said the next 10 or so steps the club take to rectify this will tell just how close we can come to that reality but in the meantime, well done the good guys. 

2 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Surely that's him done as a player now.  Not even Clyde would touch him you wouldn't have thought?

Their fans were taking every opportunity to say how wonderful he was when left. It wouldn't surprise me. Horrible wee club 

Edited by killie_lad

6 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’m not surprised at Benedictus tbh. Besides his previous indiscretions, there seems to be an unwritten rule that dressing rooms will stick together and protect players. There’s a fair chance that there will be some players that will be unhappy with the signing but won’t speak up out of fear of losing their job.

And with the announcement he's taken a hit for no reason at all. 

Ouch.

15 minutes ago, Roath Raver said:

That’s good that they’ve apologised but that’s the bare minimum. I suspect the damage is done for some people. How can you trust the people that made that decision not to make another ridiculous decision in future?

Anyway, that’s a good start.

It was either apologise or stay the course and become a pariah club who only have nutty supporters. 

Just now, TheScarf said:

Surely that's him done as a player now.  Not even Clyde would touch him you wouldn't have thought?

Since his desire for a move seemed motivated by one last payday I doubt he'll mind.

Hopefully it gets dragged out over a wrongful termination or breach of contract. That way another set of lawyers get the money and he's left out of pocket again.

I thought I was going to get some work done today too. I went to check if they've updated the social media accounts but I suppose they'll be struggling to do that if the media team left. There's a sad video on Facebook of a guy trying to do some prize draw and all the comments are about this.

I'm happy for the decent raith fans.