The New Raith Rovers Thread

3 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

I haven't laughed much in the last couple of days either, but this tweet just really got me:

I don't know if he posts on here, but Leslie is absolutely brilliant. The fact he created a t-shirt off the back of the Chair Incident in Methil was tremendous. 

3 minutes ago, Austin McCann said:

You can turn that conversation around though. It's not Raith Rovers  who are responsible for this, it's the people who are passing through who made the decisions. Force them out. 

Then the conversation can be about how Raith fans took their club back. Don't give up.

I've little to no confidence that it's possible.

Lurching from one spectacular act of stupidity to another used to be our thing and being asked what the hell we were thinking by workmates was the norm, I thought we were past that but here we are and there's no explaining this.

3 minutes ago, pub car king said:

The raith TV guys have been injured to far flung fans like myself. I would like to thank them for the brilliant work they've done especially through covid and are an absolute credit to the support. 

I suspect they'll be replaced by a half as good overpriced pay per view alternative. 

This is how you'll watch RTV MkII in future.

See the source image

7 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Actually surprised McGlynn hasn’t fallen on his sword and resigned. Don’t get me wrong he’s 100% responsible for the transfer but he must have seen the backlash and the people resigning are people he’ll know personally in and around the club. He’s got 1 chance to salvage any shred of dignity from this but only by admitting he got this monumentally wrong and resigning before he fields Goodwillie.  He could claim he only looked at football reasons or some other hollow BS.  The second he fields Goodwillie he’s got zero comeback.  

Everyone who sanctioned the deal,whether they brokered the deal,were ,involved in negotiation,voted for it,are culpable

From the Courier

The decision was left on the table of John Sim.

The Bangkok-based Rovers chairman, and owner of both the club and Stark’s Park, gave a firm green light to the deal.

“The belief is that this is the season for Raith Rovers to win promotion, and all the financial rewards of being in the Premiership,” an anonymous source told Courier Sport.

“It’s being driven by John Sim and, with the belief that David Goodwillie can be the difference between promotion and staying in the Championship, he is willing to risk the consequences.”

13 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Hopefully they find their own Jimmy Reid amidst their number, and they can galvanise to her/his leadership, and get Project “We Are Taking Our Club Back” underway.

Get it done Raith fans. 4 dinosaurs do not make a club. Genuinely heartened by the true Raith fans on here. With everything that is going on these days I have become way more cynical about society. Covid, Boris etc. A club of similar stature to Ayr (please don’t look at the league table) signing a rapist is far to close to the bone for me. Get a proper protest going. Help the rest of us help you. Tell us to attend and protest at Starks and we will. Tell us to stay away and withhold our £’s and we will but get organised and we will do what we can.

Gub this man. Having a good day trying to forget about all this until I see the RaithTV news, honestly f**k this. 

@Roath Raver hope you enjoy your weekends that have since freed up. Thank you and the rest of RRFCTV for making it so easy to follow what was our team. All the best from every decent supporter.

2 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

I don’t think this is the end for Raith Rovers as a club. It’s a dreadful chapter in the story but it does not have to be the final chapter.

Clearly, everyone responsible for this awful decision needs to be emptied immediately. Nothing can change until that happens. Pleading ignorance or mealy mouthed excuses about “footballing reasons” will not, can not and should not be acceptable for any reasonable supporter.

It will be extremely challenging but you can’t let up, shrug your shoulders and give in. This is your club and you are the ones who can save it from those who have abused the trust placed on them.

Mate, I recall you lads at your darkest hour on the verge of bankruptcy and while we’ve given you banter since. I like 99% of Rovers fans genuinely felt for you guys at the time, I even put my hand in my pocket and donated to your fund. Football rivalry is one thing but I’d never want to see a club go under. Right now we are all feeling at our lowest one hearting thing is the support fans of other teams like yourself are offering. 

I hope we can somehow come back from this but it certainly feels close to the end.  I pray I can buy you a beer while you give me banter for this in a future derby game. 

5 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Everyone who sanctioned the deal,whether they brokered the deal,were ,involved in negotiation,voted for it,are culpable

From the Courier

The Bangkok-based Rovers chairman, and owner of both the club and Stark’s Park, gave a firm green light to the deal.

“The belief is that this is the season for Raith Rovers to win promotion, and all the financial rewards of being in the Premiership,” an anonymous source told Courier Sport.

“It’s being driven by John Sim and, with the belief that David Goodwillie can be the difference between promotion and staying in the Championship, he is willing to risk the consequences.”

Not that its important but at no point were we likely to get promoted, with or without him.

Most fans would have taken 4th or 5th given the players that departed or have been injured. Everyone was just glad to be back enjoying games like the Aberdeen cup win, Hamilton and Killie away, the last min equaliser at East End etc

11 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

From the Courier

Sim must see this as the last roll of the dice seeing as his first 'satellite' involvement with the board he stated that 'in the next 20 years we see ourselves as being in the premiership for 3/5 years of that 20, whether it be relegation and promotion'

Now he is in full charge and with a chance, I guess this is where he is coming from.

John, you have royally fucked up your raison d' etre, don't f**k up the club just because of vanity.

24 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Has there actually been anything mentioned by the fan groups etc for a formal protest to take place on Saturday? We need to drive this home that we won't accept these people in our club. I'm not a member of any of the fan groups, despite what oor Frank would like to believe.

Do any of the fans own any of the terraced houses on Pratt St that look into the ground? A row of large inoffensive banners stating "Sim Out" or similar would hopefully be picked up by the Pixellot camera, and there wouldn't be a thing that the directors/management could do about it...

1 minute ago, grumswall said:
3 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:
I hope every Girl, Woman, boy, man and their dug turns up to support this

It has since, been changed to 2pm.

I thought 2.30 was a bit late, catch the management , players and CEO + Directors if they dare show up , wish I could be there in person

21 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Mate, I recall you lads at your darkest hour on the verge of bankruptcy and while we’ve given you banter since. I like 99% of Rovers fans genuinely felt for you guys at the time, I even put my hand in my pocket and donated to your fund. Football rivalry is one thing but I’d never want to see a club go under. Right now we are all feeling at our lowest one hearting thing is the support fans of other teams like yourself are offering. 

I hope we can somehow come back from this but it certainly feels close to the end.  I pray I can buy you a beer while you give me banter for this in a future derby game. 

It’s going to be extremely difficult but I feel you’ll get through it somehow. 

I’m sure I’m not the only one who would rather my team got relegated than be associated with that rat.

Call me a stupid optimist, but there’s still a tiny window of opportunity to at least start to salvage this. Goodwillie hasn’t played for the club yet. If we bin him between now and Saturday so that he never does then that’s a start. Then immediately hold their hands up and say ‘we fucked up’  There’s still huge damage and trust in McGlynn and the remaining board would be pretty much shot, but it’s not as if we’ve not supported the club before with a manager we don’t trust or a board we want rid of. It would at least allow volunteers, fans to then start to think about returning to the club and also plan long term for a new ownership model. The club would still be hugely damaged but it could allow some sort of build back to start. 

In reality, don’t think any of this will happen. Sim is a stubborn old f**k and I don’t think he’ll back down. Goodwillie will be added to the squad and that really leaves the club fucked. It’ll limp on for the rest of the season in front of lower crowds and then next season we’ll be financially fucked with critical season ticket money and sponsorship lost. Administration or even liquidation may follow. 

Would like to see a protest on Saturday, think enough folk would be up for it, but really needs the fan groups to take the lead on it. Edited to say I’ve just seen there is a protest. Brilliant. I’ll be there. 

Edited by roverthemoon

1 minute ago, roverthemoon said:

Call me a stupid optimist, but there’s still a tiny window of opportunity to at least start to salvage this. Goodwillie hasn’t played for the club yet. If we bin him between now and Saturday so that he never does then that’s a start. Then immediately hold their hands up and say ‘we fucked up’  There’s still huge damage and trust in McGlynn and the remaining board would be pretty much shot, but it’s not as if we’ve not supported the club before with a manager we don’t trust or a board we want rid of. It would at least allow volunteers, fans to then start to think about returning to the club and also plan long term for a new ownership model. The club would still be hugely damaged but it could allow some sort of build back to start. 

In reality, don’t think any of this will happen. Sim is a stubborn old f**k and I don’t think he’ll back down. Goodwillie will be added to the squad and that really leaves the club fucked. It’ll limp on for the rest of the season in front of lower crowds and then next season we’ll be financially fucked with critical season ticket money and sponsorship lost. Administration or even liquidation may follow. 

Would like to see a protest on Saturday, think enough folk would be up for it, but really needs the fan groups to take the lead on it. 

Scroll back a few posts on this page

1 minute ago, roverthemoon said:

Would like to see a protest on Saturday, think enough folk would be up for it, but really needs the fan groups to take the lead on it. 

f**k that, lessons learnt, as a volunteer this is not the return that I foresee.

Do any of the fans own any of the terraced houses on Pratt St that look into the ground? A row of large inoffensive banners stating "Sim Out" or similar would hopefully be picked up by the Pixellot camera, and there wouldn't be a thing that the directors/management could do about it...
I don't know of any.
I thought 2.30 was a bit late, catch the management , players and CEO + Directors if they dare show up , wish I could be there in person
14:00 is still too late for any of that I would think. I'm not involved with the Facebook group that posted it. I'm just sharing the information here, in the hope we can get something going as a fan base.