The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

Yep , if accurate he sold his home but she didn’t see much cash due to the case dragging on so long….

Indeed, I imagine part of that was down to the two rapists appealing the judgement knowing full well what they were guilty of. A dreadful situation in which the only person who has genuinely lost here, tragically, is their victim. 

This is just horrific. This could be any club. We are beholden to a very small group of people who run our clubs. We, all of us, could and should be doing everything we can to help the the Raith fans get their club back. Please don’t walk away. Get organised, create a structure and the decent fans of Scottish football will support you. Create a plan, tell us what we should do to help you reclaim your club. If for no other reason than so that I can get back to calling a bunch of 6 fingered yokels. 

43 minutes ago, RexTheCommander said:

I will, because it will still be here long after DG has gone 

And the reputation as the team that signed a rapist is likely to be around long after any of us are dead and buried too.

It doesn't matter what happens now the conversation will always be something along the lines of

"Raith supporter? Mind that time you gave a rapist a 2 ½ year contract and ruined every shred of respect you had in the community?"

I've no club to follow now. I'm no having that conversation every time I talk football, I just won't bother with it at all.

1 hour ago, RaithRyan said:

On the subject of PVG I’m pretty sure DG coaches kids of some sort with one to one sessions etc. 

Therefore he’d require a PVG for that and any red flags would have prevented him from doing so. 

Yup

49 minutes ago, RexTheCommander said:

Pity they didn't turn up to SP, then maybe we wouldn't be in this mess.

Well maybe because a good number of them are supporters of other clubs (like me) offering broad based support for what fellow fans are having to endure.

I know that requires you to connect tŵo dots, but just try.

Actually surprised McGlynn hasn’t fallen on his sword and resigned. Don’t get me wrong he’s 100% responsible for the transfer but he must have seen the backlash and the people resigning are people he’ll know personally in and around the club. He’s got 1 chance to salvage any shred of dignity from this but only by admitting he got this monumentally wrong and resigning before he fields Goodwillie.  He could claim he only looked at football reasons or some other hollow BS.  The second he fields Goodwillie he’s got zero comeback.  

5 minutes ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

This is just horrific. This could be any club. We are beholden to a very small group of people who run our clubs. We, all of us, could and should be doing everything we can to help the the Raith fans get their club back. Please don’t walk away. Get organised, create a structure and the decent fans of Scottish football will support you. Create a plan, tell us what we should do to help you reclaim your club. If for no other reason than so that I can get back to calling a bunch of 6 fingered yokels. 

Hopefully they find their own Jimmy Reid amidst their number, and they can galvanise to her/his leadership, and get Project “We Are Taking Our Club Back” underway.

Big respect to [mention=41749]Niall Russell[/mention] for showing up and doing the live feed so it could go ahead during the week.
Enjoyed listening to both Davie and Niall, good Rovers men and thanks to all in the background at RaithTV that have kept all of us non-locals in touch with the team.

4 minutes ago, mr mince said:

And the reputation as the team that signed a rapist is likely to be around long after any of us are dead and buried too.

It doesn't matter what happens now the conversation will always be something along the lines of

"Raith supporter? Mind that time you gave a rapist a 2 ½ year contract and ruined every shred of respect you had in the community?"

I've no club to follow now. I'm no having that conversation every time I talk football, I just won't bother with it at all.

You can turn that conversation around though. It's not Raith Rovers  who are responsible for this, it's the people who are passing through who made the decisions. Force them out. 

Then the conversation can be about how Raith fans took their club back. Don't give up.

1 minute ago, San Starko Rover said:

Actually surprised McGlynn hasn’t fallen on his sword and resigned. Don’t get me wrong he’s 100% responsible for the transfer but he must have seen the backlash and the people resigning are people he’ll know personally in and around the club. He’s got 1 chance to salvage any shred of dignity from this but only by admitting he got this monumentally wrong and resigning before he fields Goodwillie.  He could claim he only looked at football reasons or some other hollow BS.  The second he fields Goodwillie he’s got zero comeback.  

For me. McGlynn crossed the Rubicon the moment he sold the board the monorail.

I had the greatest respect for him for over a decade, not now.

1 minute ago, San Starko Rover said:

I'm hoping that something happens tomorrow or on Friday , but I wont hold my breath on Sim coming out with a statement 

4 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

For me. McGlynn crossed the Rubicon the moment he sold the board the monorail.

I had the greatest respect for him for over a decade, not now.

Totally agree with you but I thought he might have the decency to read the room now and resign but I guess not.  

like you I had great respect for him until this and it’s gone now forever. I can never forgive what he and the 4 board members have done to our club. Everyone I know has walked away and seeing posters on here give up is heartbreaking.  

Edited by San Starko Rover

59 minutes ago, Michael W said:

That meme and the wild post yesterday about Val McDermid being a hypocrite for complaining about the signing despite writing crime novels are the only things I've laughed at in the last 48hrs. 

I haven't laughed much in the last couple of days either, but this tweet just really got me:

I don’t think this is the end for Raith Rovers as a club. It’s a dreadful chapter in the story but it does not have to be the final chapter.

Clearly, everyone responsible for this awful decision needs to be emptied immediately. Nothing can change until that happens. Pleading ignorance or mealy mouthed excuses about “footballing reasons” will not, can not and should not be acceptable for any reasonable supporter.

It will be extremely challenging but you can’t let up, shrug your shoulders and give in. This is your club and you are the ones who can save it from those who have abused the trust placed on them.

The raith TV guys have been injured to far flung fans like myself. I would like to thank them for the brilliant work they've done especially through covid and are an absolute credit to the support. 

I suspect they'll be replaced by a half as good overpriced pay per view alternative. 

Has there actually been anything mentioned by the fan groups etc for a formal protest to take place on Saturday? We need to drive this home that we won't accept these people in our club. I'm not a member of any of the fan groups, despite what oor Frank would like to believe.

Was thinking as Goodwillie never paid the compo to the victim. Perhaps Clyde could direct the transfer fee her way.

Perhaps Goodwillie could direct some of his now considerably enhanced weekly wages her way seeing as it’s him at fault and not Clyde.

I don’t think this is the end for Raith Rovers as a club. It’s a dreadful chapter in the story but it does not have to be the final chapter.
Clearly, everyone responsible for this awful decision needs to be emptied immediately. Nothing can change until that happens. Pleading ignorance or mealy mouthed excuses about “footballing reasons” will not, can not and should not be acceptable for any reasonable supporter.
It will be extremely challenging but you can’t let up, shrug your shoulders and give in. This is your club and you are the ones who can save it from those who have abused the trust placed on them.
The owner Green lighted the decision. He owns the club and stadium separately. This isn't an easy fix.

6 hours ago, 10menwent2mow said:

I'm not entirely sure what this has got to do with the First Minister. 

I’m going to hazard a guess that she hasn’t flounced into the room and screamed, “Right, I will only answer questions about that team from the Langtoun and nothing else!”

Instead, she’s probably been asked a question by a journalist and then answered it accordingly. 

Edited by McGuigan1978