The New Raith Rovers Thread

Reading some of the Twitter comments from people who have zero knowledge of Scottish football does make me laugh a little 
From the people who didn’t realise he’s been playing football consistently since the rape verdict,
They they believe he’s being paid millions by RR or they think the other clubs in the league should shut the game down and boycott RR.

Dunno about boycotting but I’d urge opposition fans to consider whether they want to give their money to the club.

We play at Stark's on the last day of the season, and aside from all the other bigger issues it's a shame to think that Killie fans might now be placed in a bit of a dilemma in terms of potentially supporting our team towards a league title (something we literally haven't done in nearly 60 years) versus not wanting to fund this bunch of contemptible scumbags.
They can collect my season ticket on the way past and sit in my seat. It'll be the only time it will be sat in this season. .

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Dunno about boycotting but I’d urge opposition fans to consider whether they want to give their money to the club.

It’s not that I would disagree with a fans boycott of that 

The general lack of knowledge of Scottish football from some of them make me laugh. 

Jerome Boateng was just recently found guilty of assaulting his ex partner including biting and wounding her head and ordered to pay £1.5million. A previous partner rumoured to suffer domestic abuse committed suicide some weeks after they had split up too. Lyon took no action and the only games he missed (when fit) were to appear in court. Boateng has denied any wrong-doing. 7.7m instagram followers alone… Full houses at Lyon every home game… French folk must have differing views to people here!?

Lucky Ronaldo paid off that American chick as well or one of thee best footballer of all time would be a rapist too and have to be cancelled everywhere! lol

19 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

While we are now precariously positioned as a result of losing him, it would be an aberration if we brought him right back in. I would expect the maximum damage has already been done to the club's reputation after five years of service, having many fans bizarrely hero-worshipping him and - worst of all - appointing him as club captain, but speaking for myself it's been five years of gritted teeth waiting for yesterday to come, and I'd be extremely disappointed if my relief about his departure was ill-fated.

Seeing as we're all mates on here, just tear up the five figure cheque (£65k) we gave you for he who must not be named and take him back to Broadwood. We can all pretend this was just a bit of a bad dream and go back happily to mid table mediocrity.

No?

Ok last offer, you can keep the money just take him away from Starks Park.

Jerome Boateng was just recently found guilty of assaulting his ex partner including biting and wounding her head and ordered to pay £1.5million. A previous partner rumoured to suffer domestic abuse committed suicide some weeks after they had split up too. Lyon took no action and the only games he missed (when fit) were to appear in court. Boateng has denied any wrong-doing. 7.7m instagram followers alone… Full houses at Lyon every home game… French folk must have differing views to people here!?
Lucky Ronaldo paid off that American chick as well or one of thee best footballer of all time would be a rapist too and have to be cancelled everywhere! lol
So what?

21 minutes ago, FLDiamond said:

Exactly! Like a ‘rape’ episode of EastEnders.  Any Rovers fan wanting to travel to Aberdeenshire for our Cove game this weekend, I’ll personally buy you a pint pre match. But seriously, some bad days ahead for Raith and some ill will thru 2025 

Time you leaving for the game neebs?

12 minutes ago, zicoromaines said:

Did you really just say fucking ‘lol’?

49 minutes ago, FLDiamond said:

sorry, don’t know if this has already been posted but the thread is moving at such a fast pace. Grim viewing for RR fans.  Sad situation 

Who spotted Derek Stillie as his defence lawyer in that clip?  A Tory candidate in he last Scottish elections too. Fuckn scum bag. 

14 minutes ago, zicoromaines said:

French football is frequently home to some of the scummiest terrace behaviour in Europe, so I don't think they are the best example for anyone to follow.

And yes, Ronaldo probably should be cancelled. He is fortunate that that the English press have a collective blindness when it comes to acknowledging the very credible rape accusation and resulting civil case. It'll be interesting to see if he makes it Stateside for Man Utd's pre season tour in the summer.

26 minutes ago, zicoromaines said:

Which part of that do you find funny?

29 minutes ago, zicoromaines said:

And what's your point of view on this? Just going to hide behind a lol? 

7 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

And what's your point of view on this? Just going to hide behind a lol? 

not really got a point, just funny how very similar things have different meanings and cause different reactions from different people. The German boy is found guilty in a court of law but can move to France and be paid £40,000 a week to play for one of the most decorated teams in the country

Ronaldo has paid his way out of trouble so is celebrated worldwide still as a great footballer and role model to millions

Goodwillie wasn’t convicted, he was found to probably be guilty of taking advantage of a drunk girl who likely didn’t give proper consent he has always claimed his innocence, he has kept his head down for a decade since

they might all be guilty, they unlikely are all innocent but Ronaldo gets to get on with it because he pays and is who he is, Boateng gets to swan about Europe, playing champions league and europa league earning millions but Goodwillie can’t move from Clyde where he has been for years to another club in Scotland? We have first ministers getting involved for goodness sake

I am not defending any of them just comparing and like everyone I didn’t want him signing for us because of the fall out, he might be innocent but nobody wants to admit this because then they can’t jump on and kick Raith rovers when they are down or get all on their high horse of what they will or won’t do or what people should do and think

Ronaldo being idolised worldwide isn't at all relevant to Scottish football. I doubt you'll see many here championing his virtues so not sure what's being gotten at here other than people who follow celebrities on social media being fucking thick.

Edited by GiGi