The New Raith Rovers Thread

4 minutes ago, Alan H said:

Answer the question, quote the part in post where I was apologising for Goodwillie, ie a 'rape apologist'?

Yeah cos libel only applies to the rich and famous....jesus christ! Did anyone make it out of primary 7 here??

What primary school did you go to where they taught law?

Offt! Got to give it to some of the Raith fans who have come out swinging tonight. Fair play, still utter c***s right enough.

To the rest of you guys, being
a Pars supporter, I'm pretty proud to be Fifer. The majority of you guys have handled this with the dignity and respect it deserves. Utterly appalling position you've all been put in and my heart goes out to you. Do the right thing and get these fuckers out your club!!

God, this hasn’t half brought out the morons in our support. 

Agree with what someone else said earlier, McGlynn in that post match interview has the air of someone who knows he has fucked up. He was a hero at this club prior to this and could have walked away and been loved for how he’s turned us around twice. Now that legacy is fucked. He’ll always be the manager who signed Goodwillie and ripped our club apart. Even if the club see sense and backtrack on the signing, this will always remain a stain on McGlynn which is an awful thing to have to say. 

As for the 4 fuckwits on the Board who rubber stamped this, the sooner we get these morons out of our club the better. 

1 minute ago, MuckleMoo said:

Offt! Got to give it to some of the Raith fans who have come out swinging tonight. Fair play, still utter c***s right enough.

To the rest of you guys, despite being a Pars supporter, I'm pretty proud to be Fifer. The majority of you guys have handled this with the dignity and respect it deserves. Utterly appalling position you've all been put in and my heart goes out to you. Do the right thing and get these fuckers out you're club!!

I’ve actually been taken aback by the decency of supporters of other clubs over this. It would be all too easy to just point and laugh, but the fact that so many have realised how devastating this is for much of our support. Fair play to each and every one of you. 

1 minute ago, roverthemoon said:

Agree with what someone else said earlier, McGlynn in that post match interview has the air of someone who knows he has fucked up. He was a hero at this club prior to this and could have walked away and been loved for how he’s turned us around twice. Now that legacy is fucked. He’ll always be the manager who signed Goodwillie and ripped our club apart. Even if the club see sense and backtrack on the signing, this will always remain a stain on McGlynn which is an awful thing to have to say. 

As for the 4 fuckwits on the Board who rubber stamped this, the sooner we get these morons out of our club the better. 

Couldn't agree more, and I wouldn't be re-newing the management contracts at seasons end either and not just for instigating this fiasco 

2 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

It's simply how these threads evolve. 24 hours of folk posting perfectly reasonable points of view and when things quieten down attention-seeking wee INCELS like Alan has his other semi-literate pals crawl out from under their rocks. Quite what's missing in their lives that they need to hang their arses out on a discussion about a rapist for negative attention, I'm sure we could all hazard a guess.

25 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

The John McGlynn post match interview.

That's an interview from a man that's seriously fucked it up and he knows it.

Well John the only way out is out.

Could not agree more. The shuffling, the stuttering… unpleasant viewing. Not as unpleasant as signing a rapist, mind.

Just now, Cardle is Magic said:

If nothing else, this whole unfortunate episode has been extremely useful in showing everyone the posters they should block and ignore forever.

Especially Andy H and his high powered legal team.

It's @Alan H 

You should probably get that right lest he sues you because reasons.

I'm not sure there's a way to force Sim to sell up but fan-ownership would be my preference going forward. 
He spunked the fans money on a transfer fee and wage for 2 1/2 years. I have always said the the money raised through the trust should have been saved and used to start a fan based ownership. Instead it disappears into the clubs funds.

1 hour ago, stevoraith said:

Have a think about it.

Much easier for the women’s team players to act on their morals than the mens team given that they are not professionals who rely on the money earned to pay their mortgages and feed their kids.

Slate the people who sanctioned the move all you want, but you can’t seriously expect young men to jeopardise their own employment?

I would hope that some of the more senior players have raised their concerns in private (Jamie McDonald has daughters, I’m sure others will too) but I have no problem if we don’t hear them in public.

I'm not asking them to quit their jobs or anything like that, I just think it will be fairly depressing if none of them are able to publicly poke their head above the parapet to express concerns. It would seem hugely unlikely that they would lose their jobs for doing so, I'm not sure the club would even have any legal route for doing so. Many of the Raith players would have their choice of clubs at this level if they did decide to leave anyway.

If they choose to let this slide by then to me it basically says that they don't have any problem with it.

https://www.sundaypost.com/fp/with-a-racist-and-a-rapist-in-the-team-what-exactly-do-you-have-to-do-to-lose-your-place-at-clyde-how-bad-do-you-have-to-bepoliticians-claim-club-chairman-should-consider-his-position/

Oh look, politicians and organisations condemning Clyde in national newspaper coverage.

Best try some other snivelling excuse  than 'but no one minded when he was playing for Clyde'

35 minutes ago, Alan H said:

Yeah cos libel only applies to the rich and famous....jesus christ! Did anyone make it out of primary 7 here

If only you had made it as far for someone to explain:

Libel & Slander = Eng and Wales

Defamation = Scotland

29 minutes ago, Alan H said:

But I'm not the one quoting the law here. You have just told me what libel is and isn't apparently.

I've done no such thing. Where did I post a definition of libel? Retract that statement or my attorneys will subpoena this thread in their litigation suit against you.

Anyway, what primary school did you attend that taught law?

Edited by DA Baracus