The New Raith Rovers Thread

Despite being a Thistle fan, Rovers are actually my local senior club (how a good Glasgow boy ended up in a cesspit like Fife is a story in itself) and joking aside, everything I'd seen and heard suggested that they were a decent community club, the kind of place where I might want to take my own kids - if you're going to torture kids with shitey lower league football adding on three hours of commute time to the bargain probably breaks the Geneva convention. 

So, all that said, even with zero emotional ties to Raith I still feel like I dodged a fucking bullet by not taking that plunge yet. Trying to explain to them why we weren't going back would be impossible. f**k knows how actual Rovers fans feel right now. Absolutely gutted and simultaneously furious for you lads and ladettes. 

4 minutes ago, Uncle Psychosis said:

Despite being a Thistle fan, Rovers are actually my local senior club (how a good Glasgow boy ended up in a cesspit like Fife is a story in itself) and joking aside, everything I'd seen and heard suggested that they were a decent community club, the kind of place where I might want to take my own kids - if you're going to torture kids with shitey lower league football adding on three hours of commute time to the bargain probably breaks the Geneva convention. 

So, all that said, even with zero emotional ties to Raith I still feel like I dodged a fucking bullet by not taking that plunge yet. Trying to explain to them why we weren't going back would be impossible. f**k knows how actual Rovers fans feel right now. Absolutely gutted and simultaneously furious for you lads and ladettes. 

Years ago( The 2nd Lambie era) I lived in Kirkcaldy and often went to Stark's Park and always found them a fine club to be at. I genuinely feel so sorry for their fans.

I mean, I don't actually think you could realistically come away with a worse statement if you tried.

It amounts to 'Yes, we know he raped a woman 10 years ago and yes we did take that relatively minor detail into consideration but look....GOALS!!!'

The Rovers board have signed a rapist, flat out told everyone their complaints are irrelevant and that they consider football ability of greater importance than anything else.

Any Raith supporter planning on still attending games must enjoy being treated like a piece of shit.

That statement is fucking stinking. The part that where they say "We consider him part of Raith Rovers" is honestly disgusting, on two levels. Firstly that they consider themselves (I assume those 4 directors) the arbitrators of who is and isn't "part of Raith", but secondly because I can't help but feel there's a strong inference that those who've raised issue with this are not really "part" of the club. Awful.

Hope I don't come across as patronising when I say I feel really sorry for the Raith fans right now.