The New Raith Rovers Thread

Oh dear.

No surprises in the statement just more shame and disappointment.

Anywhere in it that mentions engage, read ignore. 

The support has its info in which to make its decision. Aye he's a rapist but he can score goals and that's all we care about.

So fucking depressing that this is my club.

I won't be there tonight and I'm gutted. I loved going with my wee boy but I simply can't support this. He'll be gutted too but he's 9 and I can't explain to him yet why we can't go.

Players fund contribution will be cancelled and season tickets sent back. 

Not sure how this affects the community clubs which my kids are signed up with but will be reviewing that too.

What a thoroughly depressing 24hrs.

That is one astounding statement to come away with, I did have a modicum of concern for the football club last night that fans were withdrawing their funding etc, but today we've lost even more important people from the club including their much needed financial input, to now be slapped in the face with this f**k you from the remaining board members

GTF the lot of you and give us our club back

1 minute ago, Double Jack D said:

Oh dear.

No surprises in the statement just more shame and disappointment.

Anywhere in it that mentions engage, read ignore. 

The support has its info in which to make its decision. Aye he's a rapist but he can score goals and that's all we care about.

So fucking depressing that this is my club.

I won't be there tonight and I'm gutted. I loved going with my wee boy but I simply can't support this. He'll be gutted too but he's 9 and I can't explain to him yet why we can't go.

Players fund contribution will be cancelled and season tickets sent back. 

Not sure how this affects the community clubs which my kids are signed up with but will be reviewing that too.

What a thoroughly depressing 24hrs.

This is so heartbreaking. Particularly for your boy.

While acknowledging the gravity of what happened ten years ago

On reflection, this line has really pissed me off too. We acknowledge it so much so that at no point have we addressed it, we’ve just danced around it euphemistically. It’s not baggage like he used to play for a rival or scored a goal to relegate you. He’s a rapist. Call it what it is, you’ve signed a rapist and haven’t even tried to address it.

Shameful. 

12 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Wow. That's an unbelievable statement. Basically who cares if he's a rapist because he'll score goals. 

Not only should every decent Raith fan boycott the games. All decent away fans should too. 

Not that we'd bring many anyway, but they're definitely two Accies fans down for Saturday.

5 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I'll be quite interested in how they "rebuild trust"...by not signing any more rapists?

No need for a knee jerk reaction, maybe tone it down to "less rapey" players to begin with.

All "joking" aside, I honestly cannot think how Raith thought this was going to play out. Doubling down suggests they still haven't realised how it's playing out.

Edited by Ric