The New Raith Rovers Thread

24 minutes ago, mr_malcolm said:

Just go without feeling guilty . It’s a really shite situation to be put in by the club you love . I’d be lost without having forfar to go and watch every Saturday .

Just throw a pie at the c**t and the board who allowed this to happen

Ironically you'd end up with a criminal record.

4 minutes ago, Disgruntled Goat said:

image.thumb.png.4cc95ccdec3154eaf2c7166d5b4f6a59.png

I am absolutely in favour of rehabilitation as the key component of any justice system worthy of the name but you can't have rehabilitation without remorse. And Goodwillie hasn't shown any remorse, he hasn't used his experience & notoriety to help educate young men that no means no even if she said yes earlier in the evening or anything. He's just greeted he can't drive a fancy car anymore, woe is him.

Honestly using rehabilitation as cover for this signing (& then waving it away by saying it was a footballing decision anyway, as if that makes it fine) is disgusting cowardice from Raith Rovers.

Just absolutely appalling all round. Feel for the fans who are deeply unsure about how to react to this going forward, as a Staggies fan for 30ish years, I can relate, haven't gone to Victoria Park this season, and what Malky did is obviously no where near as vile as what Goodwillie did.

Holy fucking christ.

First and foremost, disregarding the gravity of the topic at hand, many clubs have had experience this season of shitting the bed and releasing car crash club statements. Most notably Raith’s friends at Dunfermline and Falkirk.

But those statements were wholly to do with the game of football, nothing more. This is more.

There has been a reaction over the last 24 hours from Raith’s fanbase which has been unlike anything I’ve ever seen in football. I’ve never seen as many people ripping up season tickets and declaring they will never back like this. That shows how moronic of a decision it was in the first place. To then double down and basically say the club is forgiving a rapist is unspeakable and should be the final nail in the coffin for any self respecting Rovers fans until this slimey c**t and the folk that signed him are thrown into the fucking Firth of Forth

Edited by AyrAtlanta

That statement is a fucking shocker. “We consider him to be part of Raith Rovers football Club.”

When you have dozens, if not hundreds of fans telling you they won’t be back for as long as he’s there, “one big happy RRFC family” isn’t the angle you’re wanting.

Holy f**k man.

Incredibly tone deaf statement.

Lose two directors, the announcer, the home sponsor and the away sponsor (as well as plenty fans) and they've no even flinched.

It's a terrible statement but I'm not sure what anyone expected. They committed to put something out today which will be the only reason they've done it. It talks around the points but it just confirms what everyone has been saying for 24 hours - they signed him because they reckon he can score goals to take them up and think the collateral damage was worth it. The level of backlash they've had has been (pleasantly) surprising to me and is probably a shock to Raith as well but as soon as the ink dried on the contract there was no other outcome to this.

It's a horrid situation but unfortunately today's backlash is likely as high publicity as this will be. Unless Goodwillie himself agrees to rip up the contract to avoid any further scrutiny then he'll be in a Raith shirt on the park imminently.

For those saying they won't be back, I'm sure Kirkcaldy & Dysart would be glad of some additional support through the gates. I think they average about 70 as a home crowd. If you could double that for them it'd be quite a powerful statement, give people alternative football to go to and would have a legitimate community aspect to it. 

Utter embarrassment.

Doubling down and telling everybody against the signing that they don't matter cause he might score a few goals for us.

At least it's helped me confirm my decision about not bothering going to any games anymore.  I'd really hoped they'd come out with a statement where they at least admitted they'd got this badly wrong, even if they couldn't cancel the contract.  It would be something at least, this is a joke though.  

There was nothing aside from “….and consequently David Goodwillie has now left the club” we could have said that would have made things better so I’m actually surprised the club said anything at all.