The New Raith Rovers Thread

14 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

On this situation - I thought long and hard about whether or not to attend Clyde games after DGW had signed.  Ultimately, I cancelled my club ownership status but still attended games. At first, I tried not to celebrate his goals, but in the end I flew with the crows and celebrated them the same way I celebrated any other players goals. Because Clyde are a part time club with a lower public status than Raith, the furore wasn't as extreme, died away quickly and was reduced to the occasional group of fans shouting that he was a beast.

On reflection, that obviously wasn't nearly enough. The dying off of the furore from Clyde fans has probably contributed to the old white men that run Raith thinking that the reaction would be minimal.

Tl:dr, it's a toughie.

Clyde will be stained for harbouring that creep for many years to come.  

Football clubs are ingrained in the their communities. Having a rapist playing for you goes against everything a local football club should stand for. Bizarre that the men, women and children of Cumbernauld applauded and cheered on that vile rat for half a decade.

Edited by Chubbychops

17 hours ago, renton said:

How then, can a club that has painstakingly built a reputation as a community outfit taken this approach to signing someone who was found liable for a heinous crime who has never accepted any responsibility for it. I am a father to a 3 year old daughter. I want to help her to grow up confident that she has agency, bodily autonomy - the right to say no, the right to be treated with respect. How then, could I possibly ask her to take me seriously - how could I take myself seriously if I sit in Stark's every other week chanting his name? Cheering when we are winning? It's a team sport and you've made him, and by extension his previous actions a part of that team dynamic.

Reading this part in particular really made me feel quite sad.

That's an excellent email...not excellent in it's contect obviously; it's tragic to have to write, but excellent in the way that if it ever gets read it might make the recipient think "what the f**k have we just done".

Guest mr_malcolm
This will be my last post on the subject and on this forum(would be grateful if someone could tell me how to delete account). Have been absolutely slaughtered at work today. Its no surprise really considering I work in Falkirk and have been giving them pelters for years. Like to say a huge thanks to the  manager and chairman for 'rapist' patter I''m going to be getting at work for the foreseeable. Really is just what you want at 6am every fucking morning. 
Pretty ashamed of my posts on here last night too. I had only just learned of the news. No way I would want to be seen as someone who would support the rapist but the thought of stopping supporting the cub breaks my heart too. Will be at the game tonight but feeling real shitty about it. 

Just go without feeling guilty . It’s a really shite situation to be put in by the club you love . I’d be lost without having forfar to go and watch every Saturday .

Just throw a pie at the c**t and the board who allowed this to happen

Still can't believe that the Raith management and board sanctioned this,
Paying a fee and probably a decent wage for a 30+ year old sex offender and then to think all the decent people in the club would accept it,
Was there no one else available??
Will be Interested to see if he plays a part tonight.

31 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Quick search for quotes when he signed for Clyde

From the Clyde chairman

He told the club's official website: "I think we have to beware of those who seek to use these matters for political and personal benefit and we should seek what is in us to be authentic and true and make the right decisions, even if it isn't universally or politically popular."

Mr Innes added: "David is a free man with a financial charge on his head, this arising from the civil action against him.

"He is appealing the judge's opinion and it will eventually establish a status and end point, but to be clear, Clyde FC will play no part in this. It is down to others to deal with.

"There is no positive purpose or societal gain whatsoever to wish ill on him and allow his talents to stagnate and waste.

"Football and society would be failing if this was allowed to happen. If he ultimately has responsibilities to honour through any final binding decision, he should use the skills at his disposal to earn and honour it. Is it not right to create the conditions for him to potentially service society's demands on him?

"I have helped people in need in the past and it can be testing and challenging, especially when they - sometimes - let you and themselves down, but I will not change. If the opportunity arises to do so then we should all embrace this approach."

Clyde FC embarrassing themselves. 

Again

3 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

Apparently we were desperate for a striker. But we weren’t that fookin desperate. This could be the end my club. 46 years of devotion, sorry if that sounds like way too far. We are a fucking laughing stock now🥲

Not to far mate, Raith fans who stand against this have my total  respect , just a shame the club have forced people into actions like this, no winners in this situation. Having to do this is tragic for fans,  Raith Rovers have been in so many fans lives and having to cut that out must be devastating, but you guys are totally correct in any actions you take, shame on all involved in this signing. 

6 minutes ago, lichtiekev said:

Still can't believe that the Raith management and board sanctioned this,
Paying a fee and probably a decent wage for a 30+ year old sex offender and then to think all the decent people in the club would accept it,
Was there no one else available??
Will be Interested to see if he plays a part tonight.

From what I’ve heard he STARTS tonight😡

24 minutes ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

After reading the majority of posts I need to correct you. The vast majority of your fans should feel no shame, it’s your manager and bod’s that should be feeling shame. The vast majority of your fans can hold their heads high.

This in a nutshell.

The people making these decisions are not fans they are merely business people and the current custodians of your club, this has absolutely no reflection on your fan base and in fact the actions taken by many of you do nothing other than reflect well on yourselves and your club.

Remember it is YOUR club and not theirs and you have absolutely nothing to feel ashamed or embarrassed about.

2 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Clyde FC embarrassing themselves. 

Again

The best thing that happened to Clyde in the last few years was that egotistical fantasist leaving. An absolute disgrace of an individual.

Just now, SirJimmyofNic said:

After all tgats gone on since last night, I still think a big crowd tonight venting their spleen at the board and management would hammer home the point even further ............ big time

Nah, a boycott with a protest outside the main stand would be your best bet.