The New Raith Rovers Thread

4 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

17:00 and not a word from our board on this utter shamble to our club! Utterly embarrassing for our fans who’ve backed the board and manager through tough times. 

After reading the majority of posts I need to correct you. The vast majority of your fans should feel no shame, it’s your manager and bod’s that should be feeling shame. The vast majority of your fans can hold their heads high.

7 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:
10 minutes ago, RR #1 said:
This will be my last post on the subject and on this forum(would be grateful if someone could tell me how to delete account). Have been absolutely slaughtered at work today. Its no surprise really considering I work in Falkirk and have been giving them pelters for years. Like to say a huge thanks to the  manager and chairman for 'rapist' patter I''m going to be getting at work for the foreseeable. Really is just what you want at 6am every fucking morning. 
Pretty ashamed of my posts on here last night too. I had only just learned of the news. No way I would want to be seen as someone who would support the rapist but the thought of stopping supporting the cub breaks my heart too. Will be at the game tonight but feeling real shitty about it. 

I don't feel you or any other Raith fan should feel guilty about attending tonight's game or any subsequent fixtures for that matter. It's a horrible situation you've been put in.

On this situation - I thought long and hard about whether or not to attend Clyde games after DGW had signed.  Ultimately, I cancelled my club ownership status but still attended games. At first, I tried not to celebrate his goals, but in the end I flew with the crows and celebrated them the same way I celebrated any other players goals. Because Clyde are a part time club with a lower public status than Raith, the furore wasn't as extreme, died away quickly and was reduced to the occasional group of fans shouting that he was a beast.

On reflection, that obviously wasn't nearly enough. The dying off of the furore from Clyde fans has probably contributed to the old white men that run Raith thinking that the reaction would be minimal.

Tl:dr, it's a toughie.

Honestly in two minds what to do. Was not going to go unless we heard something from the club or felt like it would be seen as supporting the club and DG if we attended. 

But there’s still a team there who need our support more than ever now - the damage is done from this shit show and it’s going to take a long time to heal. 

Honeslty gutted. 

I’m pretty much a part timer now due to circumstances but I did have a ticket for tonight. Only a token gesture really that will have minimal effect but I’ve ‘returned’ it to the club with an explanation that I’ve withdrawn my support. Heartbreaking.

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I presume that if you take away the 500k from the govt that's a substantial loss.

I don't see the point in making this comparison. The £500k from the government was specifically to cover the loss of income due to lockdown. In a normal season they wouldn't get that £500k, but they'd also be allowed to let fans in.

3 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

We thought so too late, we voiced our opinions a few months ago when his name was mentioned. But naw the club didn’t listen. 

I know you guys did mate,  but I  can't understand why they would do this ? 🤯

Those wishing not to attend tonight like my son and my friends you have my full understanding and support. I only hope that those that do continue to support the players but afford the management team and the board the sort of welcome and treatment that their choices merit.

Give them a boo for me guys.

4 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I don't see the point in making this comparison. The £500k from the government was specifically to cover the loss of income due to lockdown. In a normal season they wouldn't get that £500k, but they'd also be allowed to let fans in.

Surely  season ticket money is the main part of your gate receipt income and that will have been paid anyway. I doubt Raith missed out on attendance money to the tune of half a million quid.

2 minutes ago, tazz1903 said:

I know you guys did mate,  but I  can't understand why they would do this ? 🤯

Apparently we were desperate for a striker. But we weren’t that fookin desperate. This could be the end my club. 46 years of devotion, sorry if that sounds like way too far. We are a fucking laughing stock now🥲