The New Raith Rovers Thread

7 minutes ago, smpar said:

In amongst all the other emotions about the nuances of this signing, I’m laughing at the thought of all the bosses inside Stark’s just now trying to figure out what the f**k they’re going to do next.

Their phones and email inboxes must be going fucking mental. What a mess they’ve got the club into.

I can only imagine that the best thing they can do being faced with a shitstorm like this is to break out umbrellas and air fresheners. 

4 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

He hasn’t actually started a game for us in recent weeks, he is carrying a couple of different injuries  for several weeks so I very much doubt even in normal circumstances he would have played tonight. 

Maybe we can retrospectively find something in his medial… wishful thinking on my part.

Feel sorry for all my Raith supporting friends and acquaintances and ex workmates

Must be heartbreaking football wise.

Hard one for sure but if I was a Raith season ticket holder I would go tonight to make my feelings known either inside or outside the ground.

They already have your money. One chance to give your board an absolute monster of a showing up.

I would make sure that I was hoarse by the time I was probably thrown out.

You have to fight from within to start with and then take it from there.

Good luck to all the decent upstanding rovers fans.

Ps. Your still the wee team.,😀

1 minute ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Maybe been said already, haven't read through the whole thing, but if the player is fit and available to play but doesn't make the squad tonight it'll be an open admission that the club has messed up big time. 

He came on for us on Saturday and looked like he could barely move.

I do however think his injury problems have been overstated because he doesn't want to pick up a knock ahead of a potential move. I attributed his lack of 'getting stuck in' on Saturday to 'wanting to stay out of it'. Chances are Clyde would have been reasonably happy with it given the value of a potential move.

Feel sorry for all my Raith supporting friends and acquaintances and ex workmates
Must be heartbreaking football wise.
Hard one for sure but if I was a Raith season ticket holder I would go tonight to make my feelings known either inside or outside the ground.
They already have your money. One chance to give your board an absolute monster of a showing up.
I would make sure that I was hoarse by the time I was probably thrown out.
You have to fight from within to start with and then take it from there.
Good luck to all the decent upstanding rovers fans.
Ps. Your still the wee team.,[emoji3]
The club didn't listen before they signed him. If only they had taken notice then, before the damage, which will be very long lasting, was done.

6 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Maybe been said already, haven't read through the whole thing, but if the player is fit and available to play but doesn't make the squad tonight it'll be an open admission that the club has messed up big time. 

They have a ready made excuse - he's injured. It will buy them a bit of Boris time. 

6 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Problem being it’s the easiest thing in the world to say he’s “carrying a small knock” but you’re right, if he’s out the squad then it tells it’s own story.

16 minutes ago, Leggy Blonde said:

Think i’m still in the denial stage of the grieving process. I keeping thinking “nah, there has to be some mistake.. they surely never paid actual MONEY to sign David Goodwillie?? Rovers wouldn’t do that, that’s mental!” 

If McGlynn pushed to sign him in the first place then I don’t see how he can also continue at the club. A colossal error in judgement.  

Actually think you are right. Which is truly mad. He always had good judgement but fatal flaw- allowed the prize to cloud his judgement. That being said, that is where the Directors come in with the cool head. Many to blame. Don’t think McGlynn can survive if the contract is terminated- which is a great shame as excellent manager and comes across as really descent guy. Ambition  , at all costs, can be a terrible sin. Sad all round really…

51 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

Not sure CR is a great example given allegations made against him and settlements out of court.

Fair enough - just thinking of a good footballer off the top of my head and chose a(nother) wrong 'un. 

Surely most of the folk going tonight will be folk who either support, or are indifferent to, the signing. Can't see much in the way of interviews from folk who are against it.

You’re probably right, but it upsets me to think everyone who is annoyed will just stay away and a slightly smaller than usual crowd cheers a team minus Goodwillie to victory, barely a word of dissent is heard from the stands and the board think this is all a storm in a teacup that will die down.

It’s surely going to be an ugly atmosphere regardless of numbers. You’ll have the ‘just back the team’ tribe, people who are upset but reluctantly heading along, and the full-throated support from a few who will almost definitely be chanting Goodwillie’s name.

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

So it was a vote between 6 board members that passed 4 to 2. Surely got to have more people involved than that when making a decision as huge as this

No, 6 should be more than enough to marginalise the idiot in the room. The fact that 4 of our board sanctioned this tells you all you need to know. I'm fairly sure there was pressure from McGlynn too and that would've swayed some of them that they wanted to be seen to support the gaffer.

Every passing minute makes their positions less and less tenable. 

I am heartened at the supporter response to this and hopefully we'll see a crowd of a couple of hundred at most tonight. In fact a home crowd of 0 would be delightful. A club is it's fans, and save a couple of zoomers I think ours appear to have responded fairly well to this. 

Just now, Ro Sham Bo said:

I shouldn't really be surprised, but how can we have gotten to this stage in the day without any further comment from the board or management.

Absolute cowards the lot of them.

In fairness most of the folk who know how to use a computer at Starks Park has walked out.

Can only imagine it's like Hitler's bunker in there.