The New Raith Rovers Thread

I am begging Sportsound not to have fucking Willie Miller & Derek Ferguson discussing the nuances of this tonight. Have someone on that knows what they’re talking about, or at the very least a (sensible) representative from the Rovers fans.

5 minutes ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

What do you think tbe outcome will be? 

I really can't see him being a rovers player for very long but as you say the damage to the manager and presumably the owner is long lasting. 

I don't think they imagined it being headline news on BBC Scotland but surely they saw the major sponsor would be pulling the plug. Just don't understand the decision making process here. 

Sim will have been well aware Val would be offski I’d imagine, he might even have seen it as convenient (I don’t think they’ve got on in the past).

As for the outcome, f**k knows, it’s moving pretty fast so hopefully something comes to a head sooner rather than later. Either way a lot of the damage is done. The difficulty is Sim effectively is the club. We’re between the proverbial rock and hard place here. I get the feeling things won’t be the same again, at least not for a good long while.

So sorry for Raith Rovers fans.
I always enjoyed a visit to Starks Park. always a cracking away trip.
Such a gut wrenching thing to end your support for a club that probably your Dad's and Grandad's supported. 
I guess fans of liquidated teams (well apart from that one that seemed to carry on regardless) feel that way and I still miss the Scottish Claymores NFL team and that was just a decade or so investing time, money and emotion following around Europe with a terrific core support and a home fan base of 12,000 or so which had the rug pulled from it.

But to have it end because of a truly disgusting board decision to employ an equally disgusting man.
Dear oh dear
Where does the club go from here. Jeez!

4 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Falkirk fan in jest.

To the tune of Wild Rover.

Against some very stiff competition, this is undoubtedly the most cringeworthy post made in this thread over the past 24 hours.

4 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

I am begging Sportsound not to have fucking Willie Miller & Derek Ferguson discussing the nuances of this tonight. Have someone on that knows what they’re talking about, or at the very least a (sensible) representative from the Rovers fans.

They’ll be talking about Aaron Ramsey, let’s be honest. 

An all time dumb decision from raith rovers here, just exceptional leadership. 

8 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Falkirk fan in jest.

To the tune of Wild Rover.

Too soon?

I've supported Raith Rovers for many's the year
And I've spent all me money on tickets and beer
We’ve signed David Goodwillie, now I’m sick to the core
And I never will watch the Raith Rovers no more

And it's no, nay, never
No, nay never no more
Will I watch the Raith Rovers
No never no more

I emailed all the directors, To see if that held any sway
I beseeched them to rethink, But they answered me nay

“Goodwillie’s our boy now, he’ll help take us up

To the fans who stop coming, we don’t give a f*ck”

And it's no, nay, never
No, nay never no more
No never no more

I brought from me pocket my season ticket bright
I had tears in my eyes as I set it alight
Tonight I will drink whiskies and beers of the best
Signing rapist Goodwillie has made me depressed

And it's no, nay, never
No, nay never no more
No never no more

And it's no, nay, never
No, nay never no more
No never no more

*inhales sharply through teeth*

2 minutes ago, joozy said:

Against some very stiff competition, this is undoubtedly the most cringeworthy post made in this thread over the past 24 hours.

Lighten up. Signing Goodwillie's a disgrace and a serious matter. Just taking the piss as I usually do.

They’ll be talking about Aaron Ramsey, let’s be honest. 
An all time dumb decision from raith rovers here, just exceptional leadership. 
Its sort of reflective of those at the top of politics atm.

Never mind if this is right or wrong, lets talk about will we get away with it.

Frankly I am very happy to see the backlash on here. As mentiined, it was nearly my club and I like to think our board and the player himself would have got fucking hounded.

This gives me heart, and despite a few utter morons, flies in the face of football fans reputation that is all too often negative and undeserved.

Raith Rovers totally failed to read the room and as I result I hope those responsible are hounded out of football.

12 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Player unrest in the dressing room now

Is this the case? I remember when we signed him there was talk of a split, but ultimately when interviewed later players like Scott McLaughlin and Ewan McNeil said that he was (disappointingly, of course) roundly accepted.

If there is a player revolt, extremely good on them.

17 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

He's always been an unfunny bellend

I was told once that one of the big sport shows in Scotland were wanting to make a deal with P&B but a quick glance of the Twitter timeline ended any plans.

Could be nonsense but it’s telling that it wouldn’t surprise you in the slightest.

I take the statement which had already been prepared for this morning is being reconsidered lads?

It was probably gonna say something along the lines of:

"We appreciate this signing may cause some discomfort to our supporters however we must reassure them that this was an incident which happened over 5 years ago which David was rightfully punished for and accepted he made mistakes. We feel as if now the situation was in the past and David has served sufficient punishment and remorse so we would like all Raith Rovers supporters to welcome David warmly to the club"

That would have caused WW3...

1 hour ago, RavyDavy said:

Anyone want to pass comment on Alan Lithgow's past convictions? 

I'm sure that's been covered in the Morton thread. And was part of the reason I was interested in this today. 

You either believe in rehabilitation or you don't. Both point of views valid, but I don't think it's valid to say, of course someone can be rehabilitated as long as he doesn't work there or over there, or near me. 

Of course people with certain convictions won't be working with children or vulnerable people. But where do you draw the line if they can't work in football or can't work at a club that is at a certain level? This point of view doesn't stand up to scrutiny in my view as there is always a line from what you might deem acceptable to what is deemed unacceptable .

So as for Goodwillie or Lithgow or Griffiths... he takes a job at B&Q or delivering for Amazon. Is that ok? What if it was your local B&Q that your sister works at, or he was delivering to your house? 

Edited by Piehutt

15 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Player unrest in the dressing room now, the clubs going tits up(pardon the phrase) what a fucking mess all in a stupid quest to get to the gravy train,  for what to come straight back down again ....................... this will cost the football club a lot more than what they're paying out on him 

Is there rumours of player unrest?

1 minute ago, Piehutt said:

I'm sure that's been covered in the Morton thread. And was part of the reason I was interested in this today. 

You either believe in rehabilitation or you don't. Both point of views valid, but I don't think it's valid to say, of course someone can be rehabilitated as long as he doesn't work there or over there, or near me. 

Of course people with certain convictions won't be working with children or vulnerable people. But where do you draw the line if they can't work in football or can't work at a club that is at a certain level? This point of view doesn't stand up to scrutiny in my view as there is always a line from what you might deem acceptable to what is deemed unacceptable .

So as for Goodwillie... he takes a job at B&Q or delivering for Amazon. Is that ok? What if it was your local B&Q or he was delivering to your house? 

Is the point here not that he hasn’t been rehabilitated?

2 minutes ago, Piehutt said:

So as for Goodwillie... he takes a job at B&Q or delivering for Amazon. Is that ok? What if it was your local B&Q that your sister works at, or he was delivering to your house? 

He’s not been rehabilitated, which makes your responses utterly irrelevant.

You’ve missed the point entirely and, in a weak attempt to go against the curve, have ended up looking like a complete simpleton.