The New Raith Rovers Thread

21 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

John McGylnn is hugely culpable here, without knowing the background here, I would imagine he wanted Goodwille and put a case forward for signing him in terms of what he would give Raith on the pitch. To then have it sanctioned really beggars belief.

I imagine that’s probably what has happened here. There just isn’t a scenario where this is “made right” and McGlynn and Smith stay. Could be looking for a new manager soon. As big a red letter day as there’s ever been for Raith Rovers.

f**k me. This thread has really shone a light on the number of folk, presumably males, who really don't give a f**k about the victims of sexual assault, and indeed downplay the actions of rapists. Depressing.

Genuinely feel sorry for the good Raith fans here. I'd be absolutely fuming and would not return to watch the team play until the rapist was removed from my club.

Hopefully the Rovers board see sense here and do the right thing, whatever it takes to cancel the deal. The damge that has been done to the relationship with supporters may be irreparable for a large section of the Rovers support you would have thought.

7 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

If McDermid has the courage of her convictions, she'll stand by her previous comments and pull the plug on her current sponsorship in the next day or so.

Screenshot_20220201-122420_Twitter.thumb.jpg.575d7f3964d117605025d70ca719c0be.jpg

Screenshot_20220201-122442_Twitter.thumb.jpg.be13708742887eb49a8056b38400b827.jpg

The Captain of 10 years of their womens team has walked away this morning also.

Edited by C4mmy31

I’m looking for a new club to support and Saints are the nearest. May God have mercy upon my soul! 

The steak and chorizo pies are heavenly, and our ultras have a toy police siren which is fun to hear whenever an opposing player touches the ball.

7 minutes ago, Enigma said:

I imagine that’s probably what has happened here. There just isn’t a scenario where this is “made right” and McGlynn and Smith stay. Could be looking for a new manager soon. As big a red letter day as there’s ever been for Raith Rovers.

What do you think tbe outcome will be? 

I really can't see him being a rovers player for very long but as you say the damage to the manager and presumably the owner is long lasting. 

I don't think they imagined it being headline news on BBC Scotland but surely they saw the major sponsor would be pulling the plug. Just don't understand the decision making process here. 

Remember the rape alarms being set off at a UTD Aberdeen game and the whole beech end giving it "we know she said no, david goodwillie we know she said no"

Filthy cretin on a man and unbelievably insensitive and disrespectful from the rape rovers board. No idea how they believed this one would pan out

12 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Graham Rix would be a good fit for you.

15 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Again as said apart from him refusing to give up the proceedings of crime until forced.

Ah, I didn't know that.

Player unrest in the dressing room now, the clubs going tits up(pardon the phrase) what a fucking mess all in a stupid quest to get to the gravy train,  for what to come straight back down again ....................... this will cost the football club a lot more than what they're paying out on him 

Musselburgh athletic ten minutes down the road are getting my money now. I also feel sorry for the very helpful people in the office at raith, who will now have to deal with umpteen angry season ticket holders looking for refunds. They should be given a direct number for whoever sanctioned this sorry fucking mess. 

2 hours ago, Raith_Raver said:

Red dots from the resident mob are a badge of honour. If you upset these b*****ds your'e saying something right :)

Some mental takes but the rapist apologists being more upset about red dots than signing this wrong'un and trying to revel in the outrage is up there. Takes some balls to go attention seeking on this thread today.