The New Raith Rovers Thread

I don't mind someone who can score goals playing for my club.

As fpr Romanbairn, you cab f**k off back to the seaside, this is an adult forum.

Lol. This from a sad lonely troll who, every week without fail, even whilst Raith are playing, never fails to post shite on the Falkirk forum if we aren’t winning, but suddenly disappears when we are.
Why am I not surprised you are a weasel with no morals?
[emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

Lol. This from a sad lonely troll who, every week without fail, even whilst Raith are playing, never fails to post shite on the Falkirk forum if we aren’t winning, but suddenly disappears when we are.
Why am I not surprised you are a weasel with no morals?
emoji24.pngemoji24.pngemoji24.png

That's not very often, to be fair....

I’m honestly totally baffled by this signing, ignoring the fact we shouldn’t sign the p***k at any cos and every moral question.  

We’re sat in 4th (5th in reality).  We’ve pretty much blown our chance of winning the league so even if Goodwillie is phenomenal (not a guarantee) we’d probably make the playoffs and then the chances of going up is a lottery. I could maybe understand more a completely bizarre move like this if we were neck and neck for top spot in the league and thought he’d guarantee promotion. A board might then think the risk is worth it as you’ll bring in more fans than you’ll lose sort of argument but the chances are we’ll fail to go up and lose a % of our support and our main sponsor. It’s a pretty big fucking gamble by the board when we’ll find ourselves playing in front a decimated crowd in the same division next season. 

Clusterfuck of a decision.  

Good news for Kirkcaldy & Dysart FC today...

Morton's convicted sex offender is the reason I have only been to Cappielow once this season. I told myself I wouldn't stop supporting the club but I wouldn't contribute to his wages. I went the week he was suspended as I convinced myself that was OK with my own self imposed exile. Still go to away games and cheer the other ten players. Cognitive dissonance to a degree but it's a level I'm comfortable with 

I haven't bought the new kit this year despite it being a banger. I ain't contributed to MCT. At absolutely every opportunity afforded me I've reminded Morton I haven't been giving the financial contribution I could be giving. I know a couple of Morton fans in the same boat and I'm sure there are others.

I don't know if these actions have had any effect with the decision makers at the club. I'd hope the way their decision backfired led them to realise there are consequences to signing sex offenders and not to do it again.

But, as sickening as it is to see him with the captain's armband, or watch the club jump through hoops to not acknowledge what he is, he's not the club. The charlatan that signed him has already been punted and, in about 16 months, he'll be away as well. 

Like the Ross County fan said earlier re: patching the club because of McKay coming in. It's pretty shite missing the games but catching the non-league games is a good diversion. Save the money ye spend on home games for a few extra pints on away days. 

Hopefully your club, and other clubs, learn from it and Scottish Football teams can just stop fucking employing sex offenders. 

image.gif.589733574059b8b5e6be3250475723da.gif
OMG! I always knew he’d make a move.. was hoping it would be to a team I fucking hated like Ayr Utd. Sorry it was to you… always had a wee soft spot for the Rovers. Some great games between us in the 90s. Big miscalculation by the board. This will be a wedge in the club for a couple of years. And I don’t think it will get you promotion 

3 minutes ago, FLDiamond said:

Let me guess… you’ve never had a female member of your family or a close friend that’s been raped. Just a wild guess 

Well your wild guess would be bang wrong smart arse. 

I support Raith Rovers because I come from Kirkcaldy and my Grandad started taking me to the games when I was 4. I am 39 now. Players come and go. I have never looked at any of them as role models or have ever given two fucks about what they get up to off the pitch. Obviously I would prefer we didn't sign sex offenders but the fact that we have isn't going to stop me supporting the club because it the club I support and not anyone person individually. 

Not a Raith fan (Thistle FWIW) but clearly very distressing day for decent Raith fans.

A cautionary tale about people chucking it. I was massively into wrestling for about ten years until the pandemic. Quality was sliding by that time anyway but then they had their own scandal with swathes of big names being outed as rapists, paedos and abusers or covering up for those who were. And you know what? I just chucked it. No grandiose statements, no wailing online. I just flipped the switch and stopped completely and silently. I’ve watched bits and bobs quite recently and it left me dead inside. This is coming from someone who used to travel across the country to watch it and I can’t think of anything I want to do less now.

It’ll be the same for Raith. For every (rightfully) angry punter on P&B, there’ll be two who just disappear and go watch Kelty or K&D or find another hobby and once the ritual’s gone, they’ll never return.

Just now, Raith_Raver said:

Looks like you and me might be the only ones at the game tomorrow 😆

No we won't. The attendance will be around the same pathetic number as always. Maybe if the people in the town actually came out and supported the club in greater numbers we would have more of a say in who we signed. The board obviously think that of losing a couple of hundred fans but increasing our chances of promotion by making this signing  is worth the gamble. 

8 minutes ago, RR #1 said:

Obviously I would prefer we didn't sign sex offenders

Jesus Christ.

Also, to suggest that you *do* know someone who has been raped/sexually assaulted and still will happily support a rapist then that’s the saddest thing I’ve read on this forum.