The New Raith Rovers Thread

f**k off you w****r. Don't get all bitter because I've called you on your obvious virtue signalling.
I haven't once passed any comment on the actual signing, only commenting on the hysteria. 
So dry your eyes, and once more...f**k off

Pity you don’t get this worked up about your club employing a rapist. Instead you’d rather have a go at people calling you out for being a wrong’un.

Enjoy applauding a rapist mate.

IMG_9842.jpg.265d525a5fcd512d544aa01f7ef5c50f.jpg

Oh Tade.

Oh so according to Tade, Goodwillie is guilty then.

Let’s be honest here - a lot of football fans are absolute morons who will defend their club and their players to the hilt. It’s not just the good Raith fans who should be making a decision - it should be the away fans as well and I won’t be attending an ICT away game at Starks Park anytime soon.

43 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

Well, that's the final whistle for me. It's been fun. 

Like everyone else, this football club has been a part of my life for as long as I can remember. One of my earliest memories is having my photo taken in my parents' back garden wearing the full "Kelly's Copiers" kit, the one they recently re-released. I loved that shirt. 

I've been a season ticket holder for somewhere in the region of 20 years. For the last fifteen that's meant a 100 mile round trip for home games. I didn't mind. It was worth it. 

It's something I do with my Dad. Going to Rovers games. It's a shared passion, and it's nice to feel part of something bigger. Something that carries with it the hopes and dreams of a community. Something that does good for that community too, and uplifts it. Well, it was nice, until tonight. 

I can't in good conscious go on from here. I thought about it, before when the rumours first emerged, and again today when they resurfaced. Could I just ignore what he did? Could I maybe just sit on my hands, support the other ten players and ignore him? No, I'm afraid I can't. 

I can't put my name alongside his, or alongside this club. "Who do you support mate? Oh aye, they just signed..." No thank you, not in my name. 

People seem all too willing to forget that rape isn't some buzzword. The way this conversation gets framed sometimes you'd think it was like that open goal Chris Iwelumo missed. "Oh, don't sign him, he did that thing that one time". He raped a woman. There's a human being who has to live her life in a totally altered state because of the actions of this man. Nobody mentions her much. I hope she's okay tonight, as her rapist's name reverberates around yet again. I can't imagine she is. 

So from that incredibly significant impact, to an incredibly small one. I'll be logging off. There's no reason for me to post here anymore, a man without a football club. There's not much call for journeymen P&B posters. I expect I'll still lurk from time to time, the draw of lower league football is just too strong, but it won't be the same. 

I might pop up now and again, like Yoss does. He always was the best Rovers poster on here. And I might pop up at Stark's Park again. Hopefully just once he's gone. Maybe a year or two. But maybe longer. Can I in good faith cheer the manager who signed him? Or the owner who paid his wages? Maybe I'll have a new team by then. Only time will tell.

Goodnight everyone. Enjoy your football. 

One of the best, if not the best, posts I’ve ever read on P&B.

Genuinly feel for all the good Raith fans - you deserve better from your club and manager.

18 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Raith Rovers boardroom tonight like Downing Street thinking their illegal parties would just cause a little bit of a fuss for a few days and blow over...

NOT

I think we might even be below Boris Johnson in the moral high ground stakes. 

Having thought about it, the only way the club could save face on this would be to release him straight away, without playing a single game and paying him whatever it takes to go away. Otherwise this is going to escalate into something really bad.