The New Raith Rovers Thread

Far too many folk using this as an edgy joke, bigging up Goodwillie despite the fact he's provably a literal rapist and done very little to own his actions.

Folk will say he's their hero etc just to get a cheap angry response out of people and sit and think they're funny. Horrendous 

5 minutes ago, R12ATH said:

I just cancelled my monthly contribution to the player development fund and emailed the fund as to why. Im not contributing to signings like this. Will review next season. Hopefully others do likewise. I am truly astounded we have made this signing and taking on the fall out and baggage that will no doubt follow.

Lucky you, my standing order has already been processed for midnight tonight, last one they will get though.

32 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

I haven’t seen him In the flesh for two years. He’s 33 in March but he’s scored 15 league goals this season but he’s a sex offender.

It’s a dilemma. Luckily I have few principles, so if he turns out to be excellent then I’ll probably just go with the flow.

CF0B53EB-9409-40FC-886C-C7B2457E0018.jpeg

Once again, not indicated support for or against the signing, just calling out the obvious virtue signalling.
Big hard man typing insults like that on an internet forum. Have a word with yourself, fucking twat.
It's not virtue signalling in the slightest. People generally don't like rapists and having them rock up at your football club in any capacity tends not to go down well with supporters for so many obvious reasons. Mind boggling that you can be so blasé about something like this.

To all the people not going back and or canceling subsciptions, please think again, your only hurting the club, take it out on the  cnut that signed/ sanctiond this fiasco

Naw. McGlynn and Raith's BoD have done that. Don't have a go at fans who have morals.

For us Bairns, looking at Rovers riding high in the Championship is tough. In league standings, you are a mile or so above us.

But wait………just take a step onto the moral high ground and where are Rovers?………….oh there they are……….miles and miles and miles below us ( and everyone else other than Clyde and Livingston).

You have just handed your 0p in the £ neighbours years and years of material, and I bet they are going to use it. League position is temporary, but this…..this…..it’s forever.

To the right minded Rovers fans…….…I truly and genuinely feel for you.

1 minute ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Sorry, but this is a bit different to when many, and I include myself in this, chucked the toys out the pram for Gary Locke. This isn't some PC gone mad nonsense: we've signed a rapist. Whether it's a fortnight, a month, or a year I'll still find it utterly disgusting that the club decided to move forwards with this. 

What do you suggest? Bit of a protest or just walk away and close the club down? 

2 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:
5 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:
To all the people not going back and or canceling subsciptions, please think again, your only hurting the club, take it out on the  cnut that signed/ sanctiond this fiasco

How do you suggest people go about that?

Go to the game tomorrow, and be very vocal about it

Well, that's the final whistle for me. It's been fun. 
Like everyone else, this football club has been a part of my life for as long as I can remember. One of my earliest memories is having my photo taken in my parents' back garden wearing the full "Kelly's Copiers" kit, the one they recently re-released. I loved that shirt. 
I've been a season ticket holder for somewhere in the region of 20 years. For the last fifteen that's meant a 100 mile round trip for home games. I didn't mind. It was worth it. 
It's something I do with my Dad. Going to Rovers games. It's a shared passion, and it's nice to feel part of something bigger. Something that carries with it the hopes and dreams of a community. Something that does good for that community too, and uplifts it. Well, it was nice, until tonight. 
I can't in good conscious go on from here. I thought about it, before when the rumours first emerged, and again today when they resurfaced. Could I just ignore what he did? Could I maybe just sit on my hands, support the other ten players and ignore him? No, I'm afraid I can't. 
I can't put my name alongside his, or alongside this club. "Who do you support mate? Oh aye, they just signed..." No thank you, not in my name. 
People seem all too willing to forget that rape isn't some buzzword. The way this conversation gets framed sometimes you'd think it was like that open goal Chris Iwelumo missed. "Oh, don't sign him, he did that thing that one time". He raped a woman. There's a human being who has to live her life in a totally altered state because of the actions of this man. Nobody mentions her much. I hope she's okay tonight, as her rapist's name reverberates around yet again. I can't imagine she is. 
So from that incredibly significant impact, to an incredibly small one. I'll be logging off. There's no reason for me to post here anymore, a man without a football club. There's not much call for journeymen P&B posters. I expect I'll still lurk from time to time, the draw of lower league football is just too strong, but it won't be the same. 
I might pop up now and again, like Yoss does. He always was the best Rovers poster on here. And I might pop up at Stark's Park again. Hopefully just once he's gone. Maybe a year or two. But maybe longer. Can I in good faith cheer the manager who signed him? Or the owner who paid his wages? Maybe I'll have a new team by then. Only time will tell.
Goodnight everyone. Enjoy your football. 
Drive another 40 mile or so more and support a real community club,

Fair play to you doing the right think, there will be many more I bet

4 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

For us Bairns, looking at Rovers riding high in the Championship is tough. In league standings, you are a mile or so above us.

But wait………just take a step onto the moral high ground and where are Rovers?………….oh there they are……….miles and miles and miles below us ( and everyone else other than Clyde and Livingston).

You have just handed your 0p in the £ neighbours years and years of material, and I bet they are going to use it. League position is temporary, but this…..this…..it’s forever.

To the right minded Rovers fans…….…I truly and genuinely feel for you.

Goodwillie is far below us, we at least require folk to display that they've moved on and are remorseful for their actions. Where that places us on the morale scale, who knows? But it's fucking miles from Goodwillie