The New Raith Rovers Thread

It would be so easy to come on here and act all high and mighty and gloat about this but I’m genuinely gutted for all the decent Raith fans. I honestly really feel for you guys, and I did honestly think at one stage we could have been experiencing what you are now and if we were I’d be looking for a new club to support. Fucking hell lads, what to say. 

Really don't understand this.  

We've signed a player who, at best, might give us a slightly better chance of making the play offs.  But at the expense of making the club looking fucking awful, alienating fans, and pissing off our shirt and stand sponsor at the sametime.

I mean yeah, I'd love to see us win promotion, but I'd have rather just continued with what we have even if it did mean we finish outside the playoffs.  Getting promoted isn't really that important.

You'd think with what's just happened with Greenwood that would have made somebody at the club think "Hey, maybe this is fucking stupid idea"

1 minute ago, Smokerson said:

Strange one, mcglynn has absolutely lost his mind here. It would still Have to be sanctioned by a chairman / board or however Raith are run. Feel for the fans

John Sim holds the aces but this wouldn’t happen without McGlynn wanting him. Not sure we’ll see that phrase “In McGlynn we trust” too often going forward. Goodwillie is pretty much the last person I ever wanted to sign for the club.

14 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

You clearly are

c**t

f**k off you w****r. Don't get all bitter because I've called you on your obvious virtue signalling.

I haven't once passed any comment on the actual signing, only commenting on the hysteria. 

So dry your eyes, and once more...f**k off

8 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Jesus, just had a quick look on your Facebook and the amount of support this signing is getting is astonishing and tragic. Feel sorry for the many good Rovers fans out there.

Not everyone, a few folk that I know (women) have posting that they are not going back. These are fans that have been following the club for 40+ years. I don't blame them in the slightest.

2 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Fucking hell I hope you’re joking with that. 

No. I’m unlikely to stop supporting Rovers. I get the outrage - although like most things on here these days and on Twitter - it’s completely hysterical outrage. Give it a week or two and these same people will be outraged about something else

I would rather we hadn’t signed him as this will just alienate a large chunk of our fanbase, but we have. I would have thought the previous alarm shown by fans in December was the end of it, but no. Maybe the club will reconsider if enough fans pull their support.

11 minutes ago, RiG said:

Go f**k yourself.

Once again, not indicated support for or against the signing, just calling out the obvious virtue signalling.

Big hard man typing insults like that on an internet forum. Have a word with yourself, fucking twat.

f**k off you w****r. Don't get all bitter because I've called you on your obvious virtue signalling.
I haven't once passed any comment on the actual signing, only commenting on the hysteria. 

If you think it's only going to be a "20" or so fans from PnB who will boycott your club now, I think you're as out of touch as your BoD tbh.

4 minutes ago, RavyDavy said:

"Tell me you're an INCEL without telling me you're an INCEL"

For a while it looked like Falkirk were going to sign him.  Massive relief we didn't.  I'm not here to gloat, this news would be a kick in the stomach for the vast majority of fans anywhere.  Genuinely sorry for the Raith fans.  I don't believe in all this rivalry crap, we nearly all support our local team, just an accident of birth.  Had I been born near your club I would be one of you.  

Just now, RavyDavy said:

"virtue signalling."   shunning smug rapists came before these 'culture wars' tropes

having a backbone isn't virtue signalling ffs, plenty is. this aint.

4 minutes ago, SanStarko said:

You'd think with what's just happened with Greenwood that would have made somebody at the club think "Hey, maybe this is fucking stupid idea"

Nail on the head. The club knew full well how this would be received and did it any way. Which compounds the misery, really. 

Fucking awful decision. 

No. I’m unlikely to stop supporting Rovers. I get the outrage - although like most things on here these days and on Twitter - it’s completely hysterical outrage. Give it a week or two and these same people will be outraged about something else
I would rather we hadn’t signed him as this will just alienate a large chunk of our fanbase, but we have. I would have thought the previous alarm shown by fans in December was the end of it, but no. Maybe the club will reconsider if enough fans pull their support.

He's signed a 2 and a half year contract now, I'm not sure the club can really reconsider at this point unless they want to pay him up.

Guest TedCrilly
Just now, 19QOS19 said:

If you think it's only going to be a "20" or so fans from PnB who will boycott your club now, I think you're as out of touch as your BoD tbh.

Aye. I’d also rather keep the fans who have stuck by the club up to this point than attract a few glory hunters through promotion. They won’t stick around when it inevitably goes tits up again.

I just cancelled my monthly contribution to the player development fund and emailed the fund as to why. Im not contributing to signings like this. Will review next season. Hopefully others do likewise. I am truly astounded we have made this signing and taking on the fall out and baggage that will no doubt follow.

Just now, 19QOS19 said:

You don't think this is hysteria? The guy has continued to play professional football for over a decade since the allegations/civil court ruling... Haven't seen anyone protesting this? Signs for Raith and all off a sudden all hell breaks loose... Like we've plucked him out a prison team FFS.