The New Raith Rovers Thread

This is a we are going full pelt for promotion statement and hope it pays off. 

On a footballing basis this has been a good window and we've bought very good players in positions we need.

The fallout from it though will be horrendous especially if he fails to perform (please excuse the pun). 

Well it's seldom dull at the Rovers. 

Edited by pub car king

4 minutes ago, RRFC1989 said:

Not condoning his actions at all but we’ve signed him now and my support for our club will remain unchanged. At what point do our morals dictate where the line in crossed. Unfortunately our club like many have players with very chequered pasts.

This

Not condoning his actions at all but we’ve signed him now and my support for our club will remain unchanged. At what point do our morals dictate where the line in crossed. Unfortunately our club like many have players with very chequered pasts.

Erm, I'd say supporting a rapist will be crossing the line for a a big portion of your support.

Wow. Gobsmacked the cretin has got a gig at this level and feel sorry for Raith fans. A decent bunch on here. I certainly wouldn't be attending Palmerston if he was at QoS and I won't be giving Raith a penny as long as he's employed there. Not a big deal but I'm sure there will be a large portion of Raith fans who think the same.

I thought our BoD were out of touch with the support. Surprised to see Raith's are worse.

All or nothing on this one from the club, isnt it?

He either helps you get promoted and some fans are able to reconcile with the club to a degree about this decision, or he completely fails and the club have just killed the connection to an absolute fucking swathe of supporters that they'll never recover.

f**k me, that’s not a good look at all.

A club willing to isolate a lot of their fan base to sign a guy who may or may not boost their chances of going up.

The thing is, he may score a few goals, but realistically it won’t be enough to get us up as champions. This seems like a daft move all round, it quite rightly, wasn’t popular the last time it was mentioned and it isn’t this time either.

don't exaggerate, we've alienated a dozen or so perma offender, I mean offended, folk on a P&B forum

Do you have no female fans at Starks Park then? Fathers will take their daughters to games as well and now they’ll have to watch a man that done what he has done leading the line.

This signing is absolutely awful and if you think it only alienates a dozen or so people you are an absolute moron.

I really feel for Raith fans at the minute

I thought our BoD were out of touch with the support. Surprised to see Raith's are worse.

That also makes it surprising. Just last month after the killie game, there was talk of a feel good factor around the club. A good connection between the fans and the players, things moving slowly in the right direction off it as well. And then they go and sign him.