The New Raith Rovers Thread

16 hours ago, Raithie said:

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/2943312/matej-poplatnik-banks-odee-celtic-raith-rovers-scottish-cup/

Nice interview with Pop. Also, 

""Courier Sport understands Rovers remain in the market for another striker this month, boosted by the guaranteed financial windfall from drawing Celtic in cup competition for the second time this campaign"

It's Goodwillie and the stand will be renamed the Styx Stand isn't it

2 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:
25 minutes ago, LowerLeagueFC said:
It's Goodwillie and the stand will be renamed the Styx Stand isn't it

I sincerely hope this is bollocks. Source?

sorry i didn't mean to make it sound like I knew, it meant it along the line thats what it's going to end up being :(

2 hours ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Wasn,t expecting a particularly large attendance but that,ll reduce it,especially the home support

There’ll be more than 20,000 there was 26,000 at the league cup and that was a Thursday night with no away fans. It’ll be over 30,000 for a Sunday game. 

I thought BRS was OK at the start, but that contract extension did not work out at all. A few games hit a downer when he came on and it's hard not to start pointing fingers when that happens. Was worth a punt at the time but it backfired. 

This is a good move for him - he'll have the opportunity to try and impress a club to take him on next season. 

Edited by Michael W

Aye, it was a gamble which didn't work out. He looked solid enough, especially as part of the midfield who beat Aberdeen at Stark's. After that, he had a shocker of a red card against Ayr and always seemed a bit off the pace for the level we're at. All the best to the lad in the future. 

17 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

More than that I reckon 30,000 there plus tv money could net us close to £250,000

Pretty sure tv money goes into a big pot then shared between clubs so nothing extra for being on TV.

Also, Celtic fans apply for cup tickets in their cup ticket scheme then have to pay for them whether they turn up or not. Even if only 30k are there on the day they'll probably sell many more tickets than that.

Either way plenty of £££ for us.

Edited by AllanJM

3 minutes ago, AllanJM said:

Pretty sure tv money goes into a big pot then shared between clubs so nothing extra for being on TV.

Also, Celtic fans apply for cup tickets in their cup ticket scheme then have to pay for them whether they turn up or not. Even if only 30k are there on the day they'll probably sell many more tickets than that.

Either way plenty of £££ for us.

Aye let’s get a decent striker in