The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, Halbeath Raith Rover said:

Is the home end opposite, in front of the stand ? 

This section here all the way up the touchline.

I have to say, my first impressions when I went down to the ground was that 900 will be a stretch....

20220118_183624.jpg

7 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

This section here all the way up the touchline.

I have to say, my first impressions when I went down to the ground was that 900 will be a stretch....

20220118_183624.jpg

Excellent pics.

Will be interesting to see what the crowd is. I've seen a few times non league teams having a capacity on their website, but then the agreed capacity for a big game is then lower.

13 minutes ago, Halbeath Raith Rover said:

Excellent pics.

Will be interesting to see what the crowd is. I've seen a few times non league teams having a capacity on their website, but then the agreed capacity for a big game is then lower.

https://nonleaguescotland.org.uk/banksodee.htm Has the capacity as 600 but it’s listed as 876 on Wikipedia 🤷‍♂️ 

I assume there’s only crowd on either side and nothing behind the goals. 

8 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

https://nonleaguescotland.org.uk/banksodee.htm Has the capacity as 600 but it’s listed as 876 on Wikipedia 🤷‍♂️ 

I assume there’s only crowd on either side and nothing behind the goals. 

There is behind the goals to the left of the pic.

876 they told me.  Rovers in that enclosure with some behind the goals,  BOD with the rest.

2 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

There is behind the goals to the left of the pic.

876 they told me.  Rovers in that enclosure with some behind the goals,  BOD with the rest.

Any idea what their normal crowd is? Obviously they’re NRJFA but they’re clearly playing below their level at the moment and are surely a top half Highland League club. Definitely a banana skin this match, they’ll be full of confidence and nothing to lose. 

2 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Any idea what their normal crowd is? Obviously they’re NRJFA but they’re clearly playing below their level at the moment and are surely a top half Highland League club. Definitely a banana skin this match, they’ll be full of confidence and nothing to lose. 

I'd guess in the 10s.  Nobody really watches junior football up here.  There's a shit tonne of junior teams in Aberdeen, the league carries little interest.  Casual fans would go and watch Cove or the closer HL teams.

BOD are probably a decent HL team in terms of standards.  They have beaten Formartine and Buckie in some of the regional tournaments, which the HL teams tend to take seriously.

11 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

I'd guess in the 10s.  Nobody really watches junior football up here.  There's a shit tonne of junior teams in Aberdeen, the league carries little interest.  Casual fans would go and watch Cove or the closer HL teams.

BOD are probably a decent HL team in terms of standards.  They have beaten Formartine and Buckie in some of the regional tournaments, which the HL teams tend to take seriously.

Would have thought a wee bit more than that considering they win every week. Aberdeen is a funny city, only one club but they really don’t seem to pull in the crowd when you take in to account the size of the city and a surrounding area with very few clubs. Obviously like everywhere they’re cursed with the armchair supporters of the Old Firm but they really should be getting attendances that at least rival Hearts  who’ve yo-yo’d in recent years. As discussed earlier I’m not convinced Cove can establish much of a support when Aberdeen can’t pull them in. 

3 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

If we lose tomorrow it will be the worst result in our history. Absolutely no excuses for not going up there and winning regardless of how bad we've been recently.

Without a doubt, losing would be an embarrassment and that’s with no disrespect intended to BoD but with our respective league positions and club sizes we SHOULD be walking this.  The only way this will be a banana skin is if our team and coaches don’t give BoD the respect they deserve but it sounds like JMc has done his homework so hopefully it’s a straightforward win 🤞 

14 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Would have thought a wee bit more than that considering they win every week. Aberdeen is a funny city, only one club but they really don’t seem to pull in the crowd when you take in to account the size of the city and a surrounding area with very few clubs. Obviously like everywhere they’re cursed with the armchair supporters of the Old Firm but they really should be getting attendances that at least rival Hearts  who’ve yo-yo’d in recent years. As discussed earlier I’m not convinced Cove can establish much of a support when Aberdeen can’t pull them in. 

Possibly I'm wrong, would certainly think they get sub 100 for sure.

6 hours ago, roverthemoon said:

Presume the away support won’t get anywhere near that main stand tomorrow?

I don't think so. The tickets have "Zones" allocated on them, and the guys at the ground were fairly sure Rovers would be at the far side.