The New Raith Rovers Thread

Surprising? Not hugely, feeling fairly ambivalent about it, a little disappointed but not massively so.

It's be smashing if he was the only player at Rugby Park that gets a championship medal in May......unlikely though that may be.

Edited by Scottydog

I liked Tait, he was decent and has potential to become a very good player. I'm still of the opinion that our midfield is stronger following our January business  however the results on the park don't fully back that up.

I'll admit to being a bit disappointed he is now with a promotion rival however, very much like Dan Armstrong, he wasn't good enough to get us promoted so not convinced he's going to improve Killie a great deal.

Good luck to the lad though, I think his Hibs career is going to be a short one.

9 minutes ago, Lang Toun Lad said:

A bit of a shame to see him back down here already, and especially to a rival, but he was always going to struggle to get in to that Hibs midfield.

It feels like Killie are spending a fortune now but I guess that's what the parachute payments can do.

To be fair, Billy Bowie is bankrolling a lot of this himself. And will definitely be bankrolling the rumoured Lafferty deal. 

3 hours ago, Killiefan said:

What’s the boy Tait like?

He’s a great wee player. I was hoping we would build a team around him but it wasn’t to be. It’s galling that Hibs have loaned him back to a team we are competing against. 

In summary: f**k Hibs.

4 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

He’s a great wee player. I was hoping we would build a team around him but it wasn’t to be. It’s galling that Hibs have loaned him back to a team we are competing against. 

In summary: f**k Hibs.

I feel your pain. We had the same when Greg Stewart went back to Birmingham City then straight out to Aberdeen. 

I feel your pain. We had the same when Greg Stewart went back to Birmingham City then straight out to Aberdeen. 
Hibs also taking Clark on loan from Arsenal after they pulled him from Ross County in this window.

Maybe this makes up for when they loaned us Callum Booth for a season, only to forget a clause stopping him from appearing against them. In the February of that season, Booth had a stormer at Easter Road as we put them out the Scottish Cup. A fight broke out among the Hibs fans after one chucked a lighter or coin at him.

Not overly put out that Dylan is heading to Killie. He seems to have stalled in development with us for the first half of the season, so if he kicks on at Killie, he improves the eventual fee we’ll get selling on, and if he stagnates, it wastes money that could have been spent elsewhere by Killie. He really didn’t look a Premiership player the last few months, so this is the right level for him right now, and the exposure to different coaches, roles, styles and players will likely help his development.

Dylan to score a 94th minute winner on the last game o the season that takes us out the play offs 😅😅

Hibs, prob sent him to a Title Rival to toughen him up emotionally, especially if it’s massive last game o the season and he can’t show any sensitivity towards The team that kicked started his career.. 🍿 

Yet another player we sold too soon & too cheaply. One day, our cost accountants may learn something about economics.

We’ve just made 110K on a player that may never be good enough for the step up and has been farmed back out on loan to a team in the same league.

How has that not been a good bit of business by us?

If we didn’t sell him last summer, we’d probably still be in this league when he leaves on his own or released when his stock inevitably fell anyway.

He wasn’t that good a player to try and play hardball with.

I liked Tait. Even if he wasn't at his best he never hid and I think we'll undoubtedly be a poorer team without him. 

If we had any inkling that he was going to be sent back out on loan before we signed Wiliamson I would rather we had gone for Tait. 

Tait’s a decent enough player at this level without being a standout. Hibs signed him for his potential but he’s definitely a bit off top division football at the moment in my opinion.  He’ll be a sold enough player for Kilmarnock but he’s not likely to be the difference between top 5 and winning the league. No doubt he’ll come back to bite us in the fixtures that’s just standard. Not really surprised he’s loaned back to the Championship as I think he jumped too early but money talks and a career can be over quickly with injury.  I don’t think he’s been the same player for Rovers since he signed for Hibs perhaps his head was elsewhere.  I guess like many loans his attitude will be what makes him a success or not as some players take the hump about being loaned out to an inferior team while others go out to prove the manager wrong. 

1 hour ago, theportman said:

Good. That makes him twice as good as our current donkeys.

Or a half-ass. More seriously, he’ll do well for you assisting possession and passing, happy to track back or shoot forward, but a tendency toward the occasional stupid yellow. He’s coming with 4 Championship yellows already, FYI.

Threw my toys from the pram when we sold him yet now cant say I'm that bothered that Killie have picked the lad up. 

Decent enough, tidy in possession, never shirks a challenge and certainly has great potential. However more than happy with the other options we have.

If Dylan is the player Killie are looking to get them over the line I'm not seeing a huge gap developing in terms of comparative quality.