The New Raith Rovers Thread

Zanatta gets dropped, comes off the bench in a couple of games (doesn't do much), McGlynn saying certain players need to get their finger out if they want a place in the team (assume Zanatta is included in that), talk of McGlynn going through him after Arbroath game. It's a pity he's being singled out when there are several others players that have been poor as of late however he's a player who, when on his game, could probably change a game for us - as we've seen earlier in the season - and I get why McGlynn is probably frustrated with him however unfair to put so much pressure on him when there's other who have been off form as well.

2 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Zanatta had been rubbish for weeks up to and including that game.

The fact his penalty squirmed under the keeper makes no difference to that.

It was mind boggling that McGlynn thought he was our best option to bring on when Berra got injured on Saturday.

Admittedly the last time I saw him (in person) put in a good performance was the home win over Ayr on 30th October. Maybe the clocks go back curse is being selective this year?

Without his goals and creativity we wouldn’t have had the season we’ve had, so I’ll cut him some slack. He’s our top scorer and he’s only scored something like 7 league goals.

Also, the last game I attended in person, rather than watched online, was the home win over Morton on November 20th, mainly down to Nicola rather than birthday parties.

Edited by Scary Bear

10 minutes ago, Killiefan said:

What’s the boy Tait like?

He's a good player, but not a great one for this level (yet). Hibs have signed him for his potential, but he wasn't the best midfielder in our team at any point in his spell with us.

I wouldn't expect him to go into Kilmarnock's team and suddenly start turning in game changing performances, albeit he could well improve your midfield options if you're needing a fairly dynamic, creative presence. 

It's obviously not a fair comparison because it's one out and two in, but our midfield is stronger now than it was when he left, with the addition of Sam Stanton and Ben Williamson. 

I can't see that there would be any ill-will if Hibs decided to put him out on loan again to this level. They've changed gaffer since they signed him, and our squad had moved to the point where we don't have a space to take him back. 

21 minutes ago, kilMARKnock said:

We've signed him for rest of season

Don't think he will be any great improvement on what you already have, He's one (possibly) for the future, needs another season or 2 yet. Hibs saw the potential hence why they shelled out an alleged £110 K for him. 

Edited by keyser_soze

1 minute ago, roverthemoon said:

Strange one. You’d think if he wasn’t in Hibs immediate plans they’d have left him at Stark’s Park for the rest of the season. 

Guessing we’d probably done the deals for Stanton and Williamson by that point. Taits a victim of signing a PCA. Possibly told by Jack Ross he’s very much in his plans come January and now the new man is in with his own ideas and budget and Tait is cast aside.

Not for us! Looking forward to Matthews chopping him on 19th Feb frankly.
As mentioned, he wasn't really fitting into our side. It's not the best to see him go to a direct rival but we lost all privileges when we sold him to Hibs and did our January business early.
Strange one. You’d think if he wasn’t in Hibs immediate plans they’d have left him at Stark’s Park for the rest of the season. 
Can only guess they didn't want to risk him being a 4th or 5th choice player. Could've ended up behind Matthews, Spencer, Stanton and Williamson.

In all honestly, other than the start of last season when I thought he looked a brilliant prospect, he’s not really kicked on at Stark’s Park. 

In his defence, I’m not entirely sure we’ve used him in his best position, so probably makes sense to send him somewhere new and get a fresh start and maybe Derek McInness can get a bit more out of him. 

Fair play to him!