The New Raith Rovers Thread

20 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Got a ticket in the draw 😀. Anyone know what parking is like round Banks O’Dee ground? Looks like it’s all industrial estates.  

It's all industrial estates.  There is a Tesco 5 mins from ground but its usually busy and has few spaces.

32 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Got a ticket in the draw 😀. Anyone know what parking is like round Banks O’Dee ground? Looks like it’s all industrial estates.  

It's all industrial estates.  There is a Tesco 5 mins from ground but its usually busy and has few spaces.  Banks O Dee will never have had a crowd as big as this so no idea how the parking will work out.

There's multi story car parking at train station and Union Square which is 20 min walk or so.

Edited by CALDERON

Just posted this on the match thread.

I live in Aberdeen and used to work very close to Spain Park. It’s on the edge of vast industrial estates which will be deserted on a Saturday, so plenty of on street parking in either East or West Tullos Industrial Estates and a short walk. Personally I wouldn’t park in the residential streets of Torry and don’t try Tesco, Lidl or Halfords etc.

4 hours ago, CALDERON said:

All the winning group numbers go up in order, with exception of one. Looks like one group missed out. 

Christ, the luck you'd have to have. If that is indeed the case (and it looks like it is), I hope the club can find a space among the directors or something for the 1-5 people in that incredibly unlucky group. 

11 hours ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Christ, the luck you'd have to have. If that is indeed the case (and it looks like it is), I hope the club can find a space among the directors or something for the 1-5 people in that incredibly unlucky group. 

Me and my son weren't successful in the Dunfermline and Arbroath ballots but never put into ballot for Banks o Dee game, could that be us? 

11 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Me and my son weren't successful in the Dunfermline and Arbroath ballots but never put into ballot for Banks o Dee game, could that be us? 

I don't think so, it's been fresh numbers each time. It looks like the second group to get their name into the Banks o' Dee draw didn't get tickets but every other group did. 

Hopefully it was just an oversight on the page and supply narrowly outstripped demand and everyone's getting in. 

14 hours ago, Specky Ginger said:

Just looked on Google Earth.

Looks like there is a Halfords and a Lidl nearby with parking.

Not sure if there are any time restrictions or cameras to ensure customers only.

Plenty of free parking in the streets off Wellington Rd, lots of the businesses are Mon-Fri and as such at weekend there's loads of space. I've often done courses at Craigshaw Business Ctr and you are struggling to park there during the week but I still managed free (un restricted) parking easy enough on the surrounding streets.

Girdleness Rd or Greenwell Rd are a decent shout.

Edited by Scottydog

30 minutes ago, Paco said:

On far more important matters than parking, any pubs nearby or is it a city centre job and then onto the ground for kick-off?

City centre. 

There's Aitchies Ale House which is is across from the station, which is my preferred option, but may be busy with Aberdeen fans and limited space with table service.  Failing that, Market St and Union St are just up the road with plenty pubs.  

Probably 20 min walk to the ground or a fiver or so in a taxi.

56 minutes ago, Paco said:

On far more important matters than parking, any pubs nearby or is it a city centre job and then onto the ground for kick-off?

Zero pubs in the area, best to drink In the city centre, Guild Street, Market Street area - essentially the area immediately outside the front of the train station/Union Square or head up to Union Street. I wouldn’t walk, it’ll take a good bit longer than 20 minutes, especially after a few pints. Best to jump in a taxi (there’s a rank just off Market Street) or get the number 3 or number 20 bus - make sure it’s the correct direction (Cove or Balnagask). Get off at Halfords/Tesco or a wee bit further along at Lidl.

Edited by Tattie36

I think McGlynn referred to 4-2-3-1 as our best set up in the post match interview. 
I think we have to get back to that. Surely we won't go with the 3 centre halves up at Banks of Dee? 
I would play one of Gullan or Ross out wide instead of Zanatta but I'd bring Connolly back in. 

I picked up on this as well, which isn’t surprising, as the 3 at the back for me doesn’t work when Dick is feart of getting forward.

For me, 4231 XI would be (in the current climate of injuries etc):

JMac
RT Lang Berra Mosunda
Williamson Stanton
Connelly Ross Zanatta
Gullan

22 minutes ago, WSDR 88 said:

I picked up on this as well, which isn’t surprising, as the 3 at the back for me doesn’t work when Dick is feart of getting forward.

For me, 4231 XI would be (in the current climate of injuries etc):

JMac
RT Lang Berra Mosunda
Williamson Stanton
Connelly Ross Zanatta
Gullan

I don’t think Liam Dick’s problem is with getting forward, I think it’s more that he can’t defend.

I’d go with…

Macdonald

Tumilty Lang Berra Dick

Matthews Stanton

Ross Gullan Zanatta

Varian

I don’t think Gullan is the type of player to play up top on his own, sitting as a 10 is prob his best position. Although I don’t rate Varian, in the absence of another striker, he’s probably the best we have for that role.

Edited by Jilted John

15 hours ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Not the case…

UPDATE 17/1/22: The draw has now taken place. All those entering were successful, and tickets are currently reserved for you. If you entered the ballot, please enter your barcode on this page to receive important purchasing information. Tickets not purchased by 4pm on Wednesday will be released for other fans to purchase. Details to follow on additional tickets.”

3 hours ago, Tattie36 said:

Zero pubs in the area, best to drink In the city centre, Guild Street, Market Street area - essentially the area immediately outside the front of the train station/Union Square or head up to Union Street. I wouldn’t walk, it’ll take a good bit longer than 20 minutes, especially after a few pints. Best to jump in a taxi (there’s a rank just off Market Street) or get the number 3 or number 20 bus - make sure it’s the correct direction (Cove or Balnagask). Get off at Halfords/Tesco or a wee bit further along at Lidl.

Would you recomend avoiding the Victoria Bar and White Cockade south of the river ?