The New Raith Rovers Thread

Mcglynn is not a happy man

2 points from our last five really isn't good enough (duh). We've made some good signings thus month but they have not made a substantive difference in results.ย 

We probably miss Varian, which is a problem in itself but he doesn't score goals. There's a general lack of that across the team and I really don't know what the answer is.ย 

The title has gone and unless we buck our ideas up we're not going to be in the top 4 either.ย 

On current trends how many of those points would we pick up?
That's trends for you. They go up as well as down, as witnessed in our unbeaten run. Yes we were abject today but we were top quality in that period. Spencer will be back soon and we'll have some of the old dynamic back in midfield, possibly strengthened, depending who plays alongside him. All is not lost.

22 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Mcglynn is not a happy man

2 points from our last five really isn't good enough (duh). We've made some good signings thus month but they have not made a substantive difference in results.ย 

We probably miss Varian, which is a problem in itself but he doesn't score goals. There's a general lack of that across the team and I really don't know what the answer is.ย 

The title has gone and unless we buck our ideas up we're not going to be in the top 4 either.ย 

I agree we've made some good signings but a priority should have been a striker that troubles defenders and scores goals. We are too lightweight upfront.ย 

1 minute ago, raith1974 said:

I agree we've made some good signings but a priority should have been a striker that troubles defenders and scores goals. We are too lightweight upfront.ย 

Gullan was never the answer. If that was our final signing then it was a poor one.ย 

43 minutes ago, renton said:

And, for perspective: we were fucking shite from back to front with literally not a single player worthy of even a pass mark.

I was in hospitality and our "man of the match" still hadn't been released from the McGlynn hairdryer treatment by the time the bar shut, which tells you what he thinks... albeit, he deserves a lot of blame with his system and setup today.

I mean, you could have given the Mom to Blaise Riley Snow for all it was worth.

How did you come to the decision to make that clown motm? Drink I take it?

3 minutes ago, Frank conner said:

How did you come to the decision to make that clown motm? Drink I take it?

Wasnt up to me, I wasn't sponsoring the game.ย 

I would have given it to a training cone.

19 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I'm starting to be of the opinion that it might be a good thing if Tumilty leaves in the summer. Someone who thinks he's better than he is I think.ย 

ย 

Tbf it wasn't that long ago folk on here were desperate for him to sign an extension ffs.

Yeah tumilty has gone to shit around about the away win in killie when he put that lung busting run in for the 3rd goal.ย 

Something is definetly amiss there behind the scenes.ย 

On the other side Dick is an average left back which is fair enough but we need more attacking for our system and losing MacDonald has hurt us.ย 

1 hour ago, embow said:

In all the posts has anyone mentioned that yet again we've conceded a goal in the last ten minutes. Happened also again to be the winner.

I noticed that too. By my reckoning we've conceded (in the league) 9 goals in the last 10 minutes of games, and 14 in the last 20 minutes. I calculate we've also dropped 11 points from games where we were leading. Not sure what the reason is or what we can do about it, but it's a worrying pattern that we saw again today.

10 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:
41 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:
A few months ago I was the same but he's been poison for a couple of months now.ย 
Can't wait to see the back of him now.ย 

Nothing quite so fickle as a football fan.

Nah, just one of these fans that wants us to fail. Predicted relegation at the start of the season. Probably disappointed that weโ€™re in the top half.ย 

We are on a very poor run and today was probably the lowest point so far, but turning on individual players and calling them โ€˜poisonโ€™ Jesus

Edited by roverthemoon

19 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Nah, just one of these fans that wants us to fail. Predicted relegation at the start of the season. Probably disappointed that weโ€™re in the top half.ย 

We are on a very poor run and today was probably the lowest point so far, but turning on individual players and calling them โ€˜poisonโ€™ Jesus

The goalscorer, too ๐Ÿ˜‚

2 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Gullan was never the answer. If that was our final signing then it was a poor one.ย 

So what was the answer then?

and donโ€™t say 42๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

Edited by baillieinleeds