The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 hours ago, Double Jack D said:

The non closure of Pratt Street before games is a very dangerous joke. The club are definitely aware as I used to mention to them every time I went and had to pre purchase a match ticket. 

There are several near misses every single home game. We can only hope that a real incident never happens as it could be very nasty. I would love to see the Police Scotland Risk assessment for not intervening and closing the road like they do at full time.

There is a big difference before and after the game. Supporters drip feed into the ground before the game whereas after the game everyone leaves at the same time causing issues. People need to learn to walk on a pavement when cars are on the road. I've seen several fans thinking it's a good idea to walk down Pratt Street next to the wall instead of being on a pavement. It's also not difficult to cross a road either at the ramp or further down Pratt Street where there is a pedestrian crossing.

2 hours ago, raith1974 said:

There is a big difference before and after the game. Supporters drip feed into the ground before the game whereas after the game everyone leaves at the same time causing issues. People need to learn to walk on a pavement when cars are on the road. I've seen several fans thinking it's a good idea to walk down Pratt Street next to the wall instead of being on a pavement. It's also not difficult to cross a road either at the ramp or further down Pratt Street where there is a pedestrian crossing.

Unless there's the guy that lives in/visits a flat right opposite the ground, he who frequently parks his silver Vauxhall half on half on the double yellow lines and on the pavement, the only good thing about this selfish parking is that it has the tendency to slow drivers down coming down Pratt St. Most of the near misses are caused as a result of people trying to cross Pratt St on the blind corner against downhill traffic travelling well in excess of the speed limit.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/2903607/raith-rovers-transfer-news-john-mcglynn-jamie-gullan-luke-mahady/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Doesn't sound like we should expect any further signings unless they become necessary due to injury. Never rule that one out, I guess. 

Looks like Mahady will be sent out on loan again as well. 

2 hours ago, Michael W said:

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/2903607/raith-rovers-transfer-news-john-mcglynn-jamie-gullan-luke-mahady/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Doesn't sound like we should expect any further signings unless they become necessary due to injury. Never rule that one out, I guess. 

Looks like Mahady will be sent out on loan again as well. 

With a statement like that, I’d expect he might offer Young around too…plus, perhaps, Mitchell.

On 11/01/2022 at 15:53, Rovers_Lad said:

Better if there was an explanation from  FM on why wait until Monday to lift outdoor restrictions and why she cant or wont do it for Saturday

Nothing is going to change between Saturday and Monday

And if they had you’d have Kilmarnock and Partick fans demanding they explain why they aren’t lifted for Friday nights game.  Pretty sure The restrictions are always lifted at the start of the week since 2020 when they first lifted Covid restrictions at a weekend down south and every man and their dug went fucking mental and packed out the streets on a mad bender of gin and Covid. If we want a crowd we’ll have to move the game to midweek, the government have obviously picked next week as it coincides with the Premiership fixtures the Lower leagues could have had a break but we chose to play on. 

2 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

You want the police to help you across the road ? My oh my 

Finlay, I am 50. I’m not a wee boy or an OAP, but plenty of our support are. They used to close the road before games. Why do you think that was?

You don’t even have to trouble your brain for the answer. Just read Hank Scorpio’s post.

Edited by Scary Bear

2 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

Finlay, I am 50. I’m not a wee boy or an OAP, but plenty of our support are. They used to close the road before games. Why do you think that was?

You don’t even have to trouble your brain for the answer. Just read Hank Scorpio’s post.

Don't waste keyboard time typing back to some nonetity that lives 100 miles from the road you are discussing and as such hasn't a clue. He just posted that to make himself look clever.... which was a fail. 

Don't waste keyboard time typing back to some nonetity that lives 100 miles from the road you are discussing and as such hasn't a clue. He just posted that to make himself look clever.... which was a fail. 

Well said that man.