The New Raith Rovers Thread

‘Not worth it’ for the club to pursue letting fans in, who have paid to be there. [emoji23]

You’ll get a job with the government with an attitude like that.

[emoji23] Well, yes, not worth it from a financial point of view.
Of course there’s the ethical argument which I completely missed….

1 hour ago, stevoraith said:

Absolutely won’t be as clear cut, no.

For a start, the Saturday fixture has zero paying fans, plus however many in hospitality.

If it was midweek there would probably only be 300-400ish pay-at-the-gate fans (on top of the 1500ish ST) but very few hospitality punters.

Then there’s the added cost of policing and stewarding.

So does it really give the club much of a financial boost to play it midweek?

And I doubt if Police Scotland would be able to supply the required number of officers with a few days notice when they are facing record numbers of absences from work.

And that’s assuming Arbroath agree to move the date which seems highly unlikely considering it’s of absolutely zero advantage to them.

Although it would be nice for the people who have paid for season tickets to be able to get to the game, I think in reality it’s not worth it for the club to pursue.

Policing cost?

Thought we had virtually done away with police at our games

8 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Surely hospitality can't outweigh the revenue from 1500 folk. That's not even factoring Arbroath too.

I think the way the club may see it as 1500 people have already paid there money to the club and hospitality ( if it’s still allowed at the moment?) is extra income, that’s how a business would look at it plus your not giving a refund to the season ticket holder just access to a stream but potentially upsetting a hospitality customer/ potential new sponsor by changing the day of the game they are bringing people along and may not be a good idea, don’t shoot me🤷🏻‍♂️ just thinking out loud🤦🏻‍♂️

Edited by Been going too long

10 hours ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Policing cost?

Thought we had virtually done away with police at our games

The police usually turn up at the end of the game to shut the road but for some reason they are happy for you to take your life in your hands crossing the road before the game. Sound logic from Police Scotland. No doubt there’s a Risk Assessment. 

They were out in force for the Dunfermline game. Obviously fears of bedsheet/car tipping mayhem at that one.

The police usually turn up at the end of the game to shut the road but for some reason they are happy for you to take your life in your hands crossing the road before the game. Sound logic from Police Scotland. No doubt there’s a Risk Assessment. 
They were out in force for the Dunfermline game. Obviously fears of bedsheet/car tipping mayhem at that one.
Heavy police presence required to handle the massive crowd of away suppor.......oh, hang on....

Every time I go to Starks’ Park I am amazed that cars are allowed up the street before a game. Pratt Street always used to be closed at Links Street before and after games, which was safe. Now, if you’re approaching the ground from the Beveridge Park end, getting across the road isn’t possible until you get to the bottom of the ramp, which is on a corner. There must be loads of near misses every week. It will unfortunately probably take someone being knocked down for it to change. 

Every time I go to Starks’ Park I am amazed that cars are allowed up the street before a game. Pratt Street always used to be closed at Links Street before and after games, which was safe. Now, if you’re approaching the ground from the Beveridge Park end, getting across the road isn’t possible until you get to the bottom of the ramp, which is on a corner. There must be loads of near misses every week. It will unfortunately probably take someone being knocked down for it to change. 

My sentiments exactly has our safety officer been informed of the danger ?

18 minutes ago, RRFC2711 said:

My sentiments exactly has our safety officer been informed of the danger ?

Does our safety officer walk about with his eyes shut? 

Who is our Safety Officer? Is he/she related to Homer Simpson?

*Insert Homer Meme*

I am getting an urge to contact my local councillor and get a sign put up. Maybe even a zebra crossing for match days! Do I dare to become Homer?

Edited by Scary Bear

The non closure of Pratt Street before games is a very dangerous joke. The club are definitely aware as I used to mention to them every time I went and had to pre purchase a match ticket. 

There are several near misses every single home game. We can only hope that a real incident never happens as it could be very nasty. I would love to see the Police Scotland Risk assessment for not intervening and closing the road like they do at full time.

1 hour ago, Double Jack D said:

The non closure of Pratt Street before games is a very dangerous joke. The club are definitely aware as I used to mention to them every time I went and had to pre purchase a match ticket. 

There are several near misses every single home game. We can only hope that a real incident never happens as it could be very nasty. I would love to see the Police Scotland Risk assessment for not intervening and closing the road like they do at full time.

Probably written by the same person who deems it safe to park two large land rovers on the ramp leading into the stand when Gordon Brown visits. 

Edited by Jilted John