The New Raith Rovers Thread

25 minutes ago, Paco said:

We should certainly be trying to, and if it isn’t possible we should see an explanation why. 1500 people have paid to be there, there should be an effort to get them in.

Better if there was an explanation from  FM on why wait until Monday to lift outdoor restrictions and why she cant or wont do it for Saturday

Nothing is going to change between Saturday and Monday

13 minutes ago, RRFC2711 said:

You can still run hospitality…offer refunds if not suitable

Not sure you'd get a huge uptake for hospitality on a Monday night tbf.

Not sure you'd get a huge away contingent on a Monday night either.

So, 500 with folk paying for hospitality or 1000 (ish) without on a Monday.

I suspect the Maths comes out in favour of the Monday fixture but not sure it's as clear cut as all that.

34 minutes ago, Paco said:

We should certainly be trying to, and if it isn’t possible we should see an explanation why. 1500 people have paid to be there, there should be an effort to get them in.

To be fair, if Rovers were keen on that, they would have followed the Ayrshire route and moved the new years Derby.

18 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Dont know why it couldn't have ended on friday, 2 days isn't gonna change things, but thats two games we'd have had a large crowd for thats cost us quite a few bob

Science TM

In fairness sure fans would be all for a Tuesday night or whatever but I think with us being PT we might just prefer the Saturday. Which is understandable 

2 hours ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Dont know why it couldn't have ended on friday, 2 days isn't gonna change things, but thats two games we'd have had a large crowd for thats cost us quite a few bob

Exactly this. Not acceptable for the diddy clubs to let more than 500 in on Saturday but absolutely fine for 40,000 plus to be at Parkhead 48 hours later. 

Utter nonsense. 

Not sure you'd get a huge uptake for hospitality on a Monday night tbf.
Not sure you'd get a huge away contingent on a Monday night either.
So, 500 with folk paying for hospitality or 1000 (ish) without on a Monday.
I suspect the Maths comes out in favour of the Monday fixture but not sure it's as clear cut as all that.

Absolutely won’t be as clear cut, no.

For a start, the Saturday fixture has zero paying fans, plus however many in hospitality.

If it was midweek there would probably only be 300-400ish pay-at-the-gate fans (on top of the 1500ish ST) but very few hospitality punters.

Then there’s the added cost of policing and stewarding.

So does it really give the club much of a financial boost to play it midweek?

And I doubt if Police Scotland would be able to supply the required number of officers with a few days notice when they are facing record numbers of absences from work.

And that’s assuming Arbroath agree to move the date which seems highly unlikely considering it’s of absolutely zero advantage to them.

Although it would be nice for the people who have paid for season tickets to be able to get to the game, I think in reality it’s not worth it for the club to pursue.

Absolutely won’t be as clear cut, no.

For a start, the Saturday fixture has zero paying fans, plus however many in hospitality.

If it was midweek there would probably only be 300-400ish pay-at-the-gate fans (on top of the 1500ish ST) but very few hospitality punters.

Then there’s the added cost of policing and stewarding.

So does it really give the club much of a financial boost to play it midweek?

And I doubt if Police Scotland would be able to supply the required number of officers with a few days notice when they are facing record numbers of absences from work.

And that’s assuming Arbroath agree to move the date which seems highly unlikely considering it’s of absolutely zero advantage to them.

Although it would be nice for the people who have paid for season tickets to be able to get to the game, I think in reality it’s not worth it for the club to pursue.

‘Not worth it’ for the club to pursue letting fans in, who have paid to be there. [emoji23]

You’ll get a job with the government with an attitude like that.