The New Raith Rovers Thread

There's Keatings (and Coulson) confirmed on loan until the end of the season. 

A real pain that Keatings hasn't worked out. One way or another that's a two year deal's worth of wages in return for about 20 minutes of league football. 

I'm sure we'll end up negotiating his release in the close season, but unless he really picks up at Montrose he's not going to have a long list of decent suitors, and he's not going to be particularly motivated to walk away from his final full-time salary. 

20 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Maybe I'm reading to much into it but does the bottom of that article suggest we might not be done transfer wise? 

It seems to be a generic statement, its been like that for a few years. The club will only wait until all paperwork is confirmed. Other clubs like to announce players before the signature is even dry then go on to say "subject to paperwork being cleared" or similar. 

I am sure we have been bitten before with announcing players but paperwork failing. I cant remember but maybe someone else can? 

9 minutes ago, Offshore Rover said:

It seems to be a generic statement, its been like that for a few years. The club will only wait until all paperwork is confirmed. Other clubs like to announce players before the signature is even dry then go on to say "subject to paperwork being cleared" or similar. 

I am sure we have been bitten before with announcing players but paperwork failing. I cant remember but maybe someone else can? 

Or we announce early that we sign someone and in general it goes to rat-shit.........ta da!  James Keatings.

1 hour ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

More likely to be others going out on loan

Definitely agree that Mitchell and either Arnott or BRS will likely end up out on loan. Mitchell is unlikely to get time now, and keeping both Arnott and BRS would seem surplus to requirements. BRS might welcome a chance to play in League One to up his stock…Arnott looks preferred to BRS now, so is perhaps less likely to go on loan, but might be a great player to get some real time in League One. I’d only expect one to get a loan though. Would also love to see Young get some time somewhere, but I expect that JMcG likes to keep the young lads here the first year on their contracts before considering loans.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Mahady go back out, if a team could be found where he can get more playing time. Mahady didn’t show much at Cowden, but he never really got a chance (but even so, scored once).

Logical that he's staying if somewhat surprising. He's fourth choice here and that would be putting him ahead of Kieran Mitchell marginally in a team where we tend to only use one forward. At least at Montrose he'll be coming off the bench from time to time with a view of trying to work his way into a squad. At 29, he's not exactly got a decade left at a decent level. 

2 hours ago, Raithie said:

Maybe I'm reading to much into it but does the bottom of that article suggest we might not be done transfer wise? 

They added the same statement after signing Gullan. It might just be a wee warning. I think I said it on here before, there were photos of Williamson doing the rounds in training gear and a Rovers top days before he signed. As others have said, the club have been hit before with McManus. That one was rather hilarious considering how far we kicked on with McGlynn. 

3 hours ago, Offshore Rover said:

Probably what stopped Gary Glen joining. 

On 09/01/2022 at 06:30, Ro Sham Bo said:

I thought the rule had been changed any you could play for 3 teams in a season now. 

Could have been a temporary change for the Covid season though. 

Paging @Skyline Drifter, what’s the current status on players, loans and number of teams played with? Keatings played a few minutes for us in League and has played some for Montrose…I was under the impression that’s it for the year.

33 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Paging @Skyline Drifter, what’s the current status on players, loans and number of teams played with? Keatings played a few minutes for us in League and has played some for Montrose…I was under the impression that’s it for the year.

3 teams in a season was a one off for last season acknowledging that seasons started at different times. Its back to maximum of two SPFL level clubs now. If Keatings has turned out for Raith and Montrose he cant go anywhere else this season.