The New Raith Rovers Thread

5 minutes ago, TxRover said:

One of many…was just hoping there was an out I’d missed.

TBF to Mr McBride, he was injured for an entire season and shite for the other.

I did witness him score his only goal for the Rovers in a re-arranged reserve league cup final.

Due to us ditching reserve football the same season, saw us putting out a first team against Livingston youths and scraped by 2-1, Johnny Baird was so embarrassed he was trying to give away his medal at the end of the night.

1 hour ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

TBF to Mr McBride, he was injured for an entire season and shite for the other.

I did witness him score his only goal for the Rovers in a re-arranged reserve league cup final.

Due to us ditching reserve football the same season, saw us putting out a first team against Livingston youths and scraped by 2-1, Johnny Baird was so embarrassed he was trying to give away his medal at the end of the night.

I’m pretty sure I saw him score in a reserve game against East Stirling which was played at Stirling Uni pitches. That Italian lad we signed from QPR was also in the team that night I’m sure.

5 hours ago, Enigma said:

I’m pretty sure I saw him score in a reserve game against East Stirling which was played at Stirling Uni pitches. That Italian lad we signed from QPR was also in the team that night I’m sure.

Christian Nanetti

Edited by Jilted John

12 hours ago, Hottoddy22 said:

Dowds is who the Rovers should be trying to sign

12 hours ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Were we not in for him before and he chose to go to Falkirk instead

No he went on loan from Falkirk to Arbroath and has just returned to his parent club who are Falkirk and scored a hatrick today on his return

12 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

We tried to sign Dowds but Falkirk blew us out the water with their financial offer.

Dowds was on loan from Falkirk to Arbroath and has returned to his parent club Falkirk

12 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

He means when he left East Fife.

Falkirk signed Dowds from East Fife

This site is unrivalled.

Whilst we are still well in with a shout looking at the table, yesterday had a feel of a game we really had to win if we are going to challenge seriously for the title.  I suspect that Killie will kick into gear now with Mcinnes, but even so the psychological boost of getting the ICT monkey off our backs would have been huge.  Instead it really feels like 2 points dropped.

12 hours ago, TxRover said:

So Keatings has played for us and Montrose, so no loan outwith Montrose is possible, as I understand it, this year. What options do we have, if any, if he elects to play out his contract and won’t agree to a termination?

I thought the rule had been changed any you could play for 3 teams in a season now. 

Could have been a temporary change for the Covid season though. 

We are 3 points off the top of the league , Winning the league will always be a tall order however there are more twists and turns still to go, IMO Ayr away was the only convincing defeat we had considering Partick took 96th minute to score against 10 men covid hit Rovers side , Yesterday was like a defeat but John will sort it and if it’s the playoffs great but going forward we have about 15 players signed already for next season which is a bonus 

2 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Anyone know what the score is with tickets for Saturday, is everyone eligible for a ticket or are the 500 who got Pars tickets excluded? 

Think they were doing a separate ballot for each game.

59 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Shouldn,t be anything to consider.Those that were fortunate or unfortunate in the ballot for the Dunfermline game shouldn,t be eligible for the Arbroath game

I assume the reason is that the rules were decided before the QoS game was postponed. May not have had many applying for the ballot for that game if it stopped you having a chance for the derby.

Could then, in theory, been changed when that game was called off but I expect they didn't want to then move the goalposts.

3 hours ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Shouldn,t be anything to consider.Those that were fortunate or unfortunate in the ballot for the Dunfermline game shouldn,t be eligible for the Arbroath game

Agree with this. Appreciate that it’s luck of the draw, but would be unfair for one season ticket holder to attend both games whilst another misses out on both. 

Based on the feedback after the Dunfermline derby, we’ll be making a couple of changes for the Arbroath fixture:

1. To allow as many supporters as possible the chance to attend a restricted-crowd game, we’ll be prioritising those who were not successful in the previous ballot. Groups where none of the season ticket holders received tickets for the Dunfermline game will be selected first, with any remaining tickets being available to those groups containing people who were at the Dunfermline game. There will not be a separate entry process, so please apply using the same form before 4pm Thursday regardless of whether you were successful last time or not.
  2. As we were using new procedures at the turnstiles, and also had to ensure social distancing, we had spaced out the arrival of fans to prevent queuing. This meant some fans were arriving as early as 2pm. We now have a much better idea of how to keep the queuing to a minimum, so the earliest groups of fans will be asked to enter is 2.30pm.