The New Raith Rovers Thread

4 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Keep in mind, his first spell he was being supplied by a midfield including Wedderburn, Gillespie, Barjonas and McGuffie.

He knows the squad and manager. Plenty of potential and physical attributes. Doesn't alienate half the fan base.

I'm all for it.

He was also still just a teenager in that first spell. You could tell last season he bulked out a fair bit. I’m delighted with this signing.

Happy with the signing, though agree that we ideally need another in. 

Basically what we need is a "classic" centre forward. In effect similar to Varian, but will score more goals. Does that realistically exist for us? We've 25 days to find out. 

3 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Are we due a fee to Hibs at all or is he out of contract? 

Actually wonder if this could be why we took a lower fee for Tait maybe we got an option on Gullan in January.

I've never been a massive fan of Gullan however he is still young and with an extended time under McGlynn could still develop into a decent player. Provides a different option up front though which we are sorely lacking and provided we are still looking for another striker in addition to him rather than hoping we can convert him into a goalscorer in minimal time, I'm happy enough. 

Yeah I still think we need another striker. Even if he doesn’t solve all our problems there’s no doubt we’re much stronger having Gullan now than we were before, he’s pretty versatile too, can play out wide etc.

1 hour ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Signed sealed and delivered 

Announced officially..Where?

Not seeing anything as per recent club statement.

Any further transfer activity will be announced first on the club’s official channels, after all of the relevant paperwork has been submitted and approved by the appropriate football authorities.

Edited by embow

Happy enough with Gullan. Seems like a good egg (i.e. not a rapist) and there's clearly a player there and he's a known quantity.

He'll definitely contribute and it's competition which hopefully will push an extra couple of percents from Varian and Poplatnik too.