The New Raith Rovers Thread

15 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

Or maybe Zanatta with Poplasnik as he has a bit more physical presence

Ben Williamson looks a tall dude.. Connelly or Ross on corners with Williamson,  Zanatta and Berra in the box for corners.  This season and last season corners have been total hunners, wi about 3.8% converted 

2 minutes ago, Raith_Rasta said:

Ben Williamson looks a tall dude.. Connelly or Ross on corners with Williamson,  Zanatta and Berra in the box for corners.  This season and last season corners have been total hunners, wi about 3.8% converted 

Our corners are either taken short or crossed to the back post to be headed back , we dont seem to like straight forward corners.

12 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Really? I thought he was doing really well for you lot

He was until about 6 weeks ago, and it's no coincidence that we've barely looked like scoring in the games we've played since, but his confidence looks shot at the moment and he's like playing with a man down when he's like that, as you'll no doubt know. 

36 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

Or maybe Zanatta with Poplasnik as he has a bit more physical presence

Sorry are you saying Zanatta is in any way physical. I do like him and his early season form was a joy  however he is definitely not physical, he backs out of challenges and for a fairly big guy does not compete well in the air.

If you go back to earlier games in the season McGlynn would reiterate how it's been important keeping Zanatta's confidence up and that was during a period he was playing well. Was expecting him to come off the bench with a point to prove against Dunfermline but get the feeling he's realised teams have him sussed and he's struggling to give the opposition something to think about. He'll be frustrated but could do with him finding his early season form pronto. 

On his day, Dario is comfortably one of the best players in the league. I'm confident he'll come good again. Even against Killie he was notably more aggressive on the ball after scoring. I mentioned it a bit earlier, but there's a bit of a weird double standard with our wingers. Connolly hasn't exactly set the heather alight over the last month or so but won't get the same level of scrutiny as Zanatta.

Zanatta is clearly a talented player but can’t help revert back to his usual ways of being completely ineffective. It’s incredibly frustrating to watch as you know he’s capable of so much more but there’s issues there that stop him being at his best.

1 hour ago, CALDERON said:

Happy if Gullan came in as well as another signing, not instead of.

He may wait to see Killie options, as he was very close to joining us at end of last window. Just fell down as hibs failed to sign striker apparently 

8 hours ago, flood said:

He may wait to see Killie options, as he was very close to joining us at end of last window. Just fell down as hibs failed to sign striker apparently 

Don't you guys have about a billion strikers now anyway? Presumably McInnes will he able to get a tune out of them in a way Wright couldn't.

17 minutes ago, renton said:

Don't you guys have about a billion strikers now anyway? Presumably McInnes will he able to get a tune out of them in a way Wright couldn't.

Money Talks, players heads are turned with the promise of Premiership football. 

I was just thinking that I’ve not seen the Rovers lose in a while. I mean while I’ve been there in the flesh, but even online or on TV i’ve not seen us lose many games in the last couple of years.

The last game I was in attendance where we lost was Dumbarton in December 2019. The last time I saw us lose was the play-off with Dundee in May.

Since December 2019, in the games I’ve attended, my viewing record is W10 D2 L0. The Rovers really have been excellent for a while now.