The New Raith Rovers Thread

7 hours ago, baillieinleeds said:

Both I think!! 

Berra could be a potential manager, maybe lower league first. But hey Nicholl was a first time manager and see what he achieved, albeit Martin Harvey was pivitol in that early success

We have a manager.

1 hour ago, steakngravy said:

To all at Starks Park a Happy and prosperous New Year and to all Rovers supporters I hope next year will be health wise better and the team go on to greater things. Come on ye Raith.

Jingle bells jingle bells

Jingle all the way

Oh what fun it is to 

Beat (fcuk) the Pars on New Years Day.

To all Dunfermline supporters all the best for the coming year but only after Sunday.  

Is your watch out?

Said elsewhere, but I'm really happy that we've addressed the central midfield area quickly. With Stanton, Williamson and the emergence of Aaron Arnott then we're in a really decent position for the second half of the season. We've just got to hope that we don't get the usual Rangers loanee who performs for two games then goes missing act we had with Kennedy/Thompson/Roberts/Barjonas. 

Just now, Broken Algorithms said:

Said elsewhere, but I'm really happy that we've addressed the central midfield area quickly. With Stanton, Williamson and the emergence of Aaron Arnott then we're in a really decent position for the second half of the season. We've just got to hope that we don't get the usual Rangers loanee who performs for two games then goes missing act we had with Kennedy/Thompson/Roberts/Barjonas. 

I dont think Roberts or Barjonas performed for one game, let alone two.

Just now, Broken Algorithms said:

Would you care to remind us which two games Scott Roberts performed?

My memory isn't quite what it used to be.

2 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

Would you care to remind us which two games Scott Roberts performed?

My memory isn't quite what it used to be.

😂 Knew someone would come along and mention that. The only time he was positive was when he thumped one in from 30 yards against Dumbarton. 

5 minutes ago, grumswall said:
11 minutes ago, ListerRRFC said:
Both scored a belter each before going into hiding to be fair. 
Struggling for any positives outside that.

Think Thompson scored a belter up at Tannadice as well iirc

Aye he did. Christ, even Kevin mchattie scored a belter that day 😂😂. Must have been a full moon!!

42 minutes ago, grumswall said:
48 minutes ago, ListerRRFC said:
Both scored a belter each before going into hiding to be fair. 
Struggling for any positives outside that.

Think Thompson scored a belter up at Tannadice as well iirc

That was some day out that. Cracking away support, non stop singing and bedlam at the equaliser....finished with us chanting Gary Lockes name 😅

19 hours ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

I don't think it was anywhere near as targeted or as malicious as that. It's the kind of thing I've heard Davie say multiple times before, usually when a window opens. 

"Fans don't often understand just what goes into a transfer. It's not as easy as just picking a target and bringing them in, is it John?" 

Something along those lines. It's a perfectly normal way of getting an interviewee on-side, even if it is a little condescending towards supporters. Although, having read the opinions of some of our support this week, maybe it's not that far off the truth. 

Possibly. It was mainly the “armchair experts” comment that, to me, came across as more than a bit disparaging of fans opinion. Perhaps I’d have paid no notice if there hadn’t been a few days of fans expressing some genuine concern about a possible McGlynn signing.

2 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

His debut was against Dundee I think at gayfield on TV a roundabout jan I think and got MOTM and I’m sure played nearly all the remaining games and also got there young player of the year + 5/6 games in the spl this season  🤷‍♂️ I think he will do more than any of the above  you mentioned 

1 hour ago, Raith_Rasta said:

Do you think there will be other signing news today, another one so they can play against the pars? 

Stanton would be the next bit of paperwork to clear, likely. Any additional signing is likely to take a little bit as all the preannounced stuff was bunged into the hopper up front and the staff handling it is likely still hungover.

1 hour ago, Enigma said:

Possibly. It was mainly the “armchair experts” comment that, to me, came across as more than a bit disparaging of fans opinion. Perhaps I’d have paid no notice if there hadn’t been a few days of fans expressing some genuine concern about a possible McGlynn signing.

Don’t think it was a reference to the Goodwillie reaction, think it’s more just a reference to the typical speculation and opinion from fans about who we should or shouldn’t be signing at this time of year.