The New Raith Rovers Thread

23 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

If anyone is leaning towards the "he was acquitted in a criminal court!" argument to justify this move, I'd grimly encourage them to read the final judgement from the civil case, which is readily Googleable. I'm no expert on the machinations of Scots Law, but I can recognise the actions of a truly despicable man when they're laid out in front of me. 

Exactly this. We have a female CEO, SLO and Val McDermid is still the sponsor.

They should be kicking Sims door down to stop this.

8 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Must say,never heard of Scott Burns

He's (annoyingly, in this case) at the top end of the reliability scale when it comes to breaking transfer news. 

It's worth noting he's only reporting an interest at this stage, rather than it being a done deal, but I'd take from that that the question has at least been asked. 

That said, I hope the Rovers come out and vehemently deny it! They won't, of course, but a quiet disappearing of the topic would be perfectly acceptable to me.

I think I was quite scathing about people pulling money from the Supporters Fund over the Dylan Tait transfer, but this is a totally different story. If this goes through, at the very minimum I'll be re-routing some SF contributions towards somewhere like Rape Crisis Scotland. 

Edited by Raith Against The Machine
Sorry, that's a weird stance to take, isn't it? I'll only make a donation to a charity because my football team has done something I don't like. Football does weird things to us. Donation made now, in penance.

https://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/search-judgments/judgment?id=d22e28a7-8980-69d2-b500-ff0000d74aa7

Here's the civil case report. If you are prepared to justify the signing on the basis that he wasn't found guilty in a criminal court (deleted my earlier post as charges were dropped rather than the case going to court), please read it. 

Remember - this is not a newspaper article. It is a statement of facts and testimonies from either side. 

This is not a man I want playing for my club. 

Edited by Michael W

24 minutes ago, renton said:

Exactly this. We have a female CEO, SLO and Val McDermid is still the sponsor.

They should be kicking Sims door down to stop this.

Actually, this is a shitty take, we should all be kicking Sim's door down to stop this.

Think Raith need to quickly come out and deny all speculation regarding Goodwillie (assuming it is just speculation); Raith likes to think of itself as a family-orientated, community club and signing the likes of Goodwillie, Gallacher et al contradicts that. 

There's not really a relevant email to contact on the website for someone. You could always go john.sim@raithrovers.net based on what's there if you wanted to go directly to the chairman himself. I've messaged our SLO about seeing if it's feasible to get an open letter which fans can co-sign to offer an outlet. The club will no doubt be getting feedback about it but this shouldn't be a conversation where they go "there's a few fans moaning online but we'll go for it anyway". We all want to see Rovers kick on to the next level and get to the top flight, but for this, the means definitely would not justify the ends. 

43 minutes ago, true_rover said:

This could be a huge mistake from the club. Everything this season in particular has been about how close the players and fans have been - this would end that and risks it being toxic.

Agree 100%. There are obviously a few win promotion at all costs fans out there, but if this goes through it will upset a huge section of the support and create a bad feeling around the club. The last thing we need and a huge mis-step. 

16 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

There's not really a relevant email to contact on the website for someone. You could always go john.sim@raithrovers.net based on what's there if you wanted to go directly to the chairman himself. I've messaged our SLO about seeing if it's feasible to get an open letter which fans can co-sign to offer an outlet. The club will no doubt be getting feedback about it but this shouldn't be a conversation where they go "there's a few fans moaning online but we'll go for it anyway". We all want to see Rovers kick on to the next level and get to the top flight, but for this, the means definitely would not justify the ends. 

The Trust might be a good place to get an open letter organised. Arms length from the club so might be more prepared to be vocal about it.

chairman@raithtrust.org.uk

10 hours ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

You know, if you'd asked me "Which Rovers supporter on Pie and Bovril will launch a totally out of context and wildly ill-informed GB News style rant about Stonewall?", I'd be going home with a brand new set of golf clubs. 

2 hours ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Libelling Stonewall and defending Goodwillie is quite a hill to die on. Add "Hitler was misunderstood" and we can phone someone for you.

No fact checking done, the usual baseless posts done by the shallow.Oh wait - facts? You wouldn't recognise truth if it hit you between the eyes like a bolt of lightening.
It's easy to identify your types - rattle your false values and the loud squaking immediately starts while the dots rain down. 😄

Someone mentioned declan Gallagher, at least he's sorted himself out, got a few Scotland caps. He's also shown genuine remorse. Goodwillie has shown fuckall. This simply cannot be allowed to happen.

26 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Current feeling:

5ze23t.jpg

Fwiw, I don't think it'll happen. The fans have been vocal in their response and it would be utter batshit mental to sign a player for money who will alienate a large proportion of them. 

We would have to sing that song about ourselves. :(