The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 minute ago, Jilted John said:

But yet you were happy to play a full season last year with nobody in the ground?

The issue of postponing is a lottery. Who’s to say things will have died down after a break? Will you then end up having to play a congested run of games still with no fans? No one knows. There’s no right answer.

Last season the option was "play in front of nobody or don't play". This season the option potentially might be "play in front of 500 now or play in front of a much bigger crowd in a month's time".

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

Last season the option was "play in front of nobody or don't play". This season the option potentially might be "play in front of 500 now or play in front of a much bigger crowd in a month's time".

How can you be sure everything will be back to normal in a month?

21 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

I can't be, that's why I said "potentially".

4 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

...then you've no issue with the Fife derby being postponed then, presumably? 

Obviously not, I think it would make perfect sense.

1 hour ago, Jilted John said:

If we postpone games now, and in a month we still can’t have proper crowds we’ve lost f**k all.

If in a month we can play games we’ve lost significant revenue and achieved nothing but  piss off fans. 

Why we’ve chosen the later option I’ve no idea.

Edited by parsforlife

23 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

If we postpone games now, and in a month we still can’t have proper crowds we’ve lost f**k all.

If in a month we can play games we’ve lost significant revenue and achieved nothing but  piss off fans. 

Why we’ve chosen the later option I’ve no idea.

That’s not entirely true though, you’ve got your season ticket holders cash in the bank already. You’re just losing out on the pay at the gate fans. A fair number of those will buy the stream. You’re also not having to pay for stewarding, catering etc etc. I think the biggest loss will be lack of atmosphere. 

All that said, I can see where you’re coming from though. I’m not completely against your point of view, I just think we would give ourselves a far bigger headache having to shoehorn a load more games into a smaller window. Especially for big guns like us who are still in two cup competitions as well 😜

Williamson has been honking for us all season, got himself sent off against Dundee Utd and hasn't been seen since. Could potentially do better in a more attacking role but is woefully inexperienced and was found out big time at Premiership level.

In other news we're trying to shift Panayiotou out on loan for 6 months if you fancy him :D 

Edited by ATLIS

14 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Williamson has been honking for us all season, got himself sent off against Dundee Utd and hasn't been seen since. Could potentially do better in a more attacking role but is woefully inexperienced and was found out big time at Premiership level.

In other news we're trying to shift Panayiotou out on loan for 6 months if you fancy him :D 

Do-do-do!!

1 hour ago, Jilted John said:

That’s not entirely true though, you’ve got your season ticket holders cash in the bank already. You’re just losing out on the pay at the gate fans. A fair number of those will buy the stream. You’re also not having to pay for stewarding, catering etc etc. I think the biggest loss will be lack of atmosphere. 

All that said, I can see where you’re coming from though. I’m not completely against your point of view, I just think we would give ourselves a far bigger headache having to shoehorn a load more games into a smaller window. Especially for big guns like us who are still in two cup competitions as well 😜

Clubs are legally due season ticket holder’s refunds for matches they can’t provide.  Any board thinking they can just pocket their cash and assume their loyal fans won’t ask for refunds are behaving like complete wankers.