The New Raith Rovers Thread

We have roughly 1100 ST holders and 3 games at about 380 tickets. 

Could they draw all 3 games at once which would mean every season ticket holder gets a ticket for 1 match. 

Fans could then trade tickets amongst themselves if you can't make your own match nut can make someone else's.

Or draw game 1 then leave everyone else in for a week then draw game 2 and what's left after that gets game 3  

Edited by pub car king

I can’t believe lower league clubs decided to crack on with the 500 rather than just pause for a few weeks. If we’re going to go behind closed doors the clubs will get very little income anyway, why not just do a 3 week shut down? We’ve got every midweek between now and fuxking June to play the games. Insane decision. 
Don't kid yourself to think this is just a 3 week limited crowd. The lower league clubs have got wee jeanie Krankie sussed out already.

John Swinney has already been in the press saying they've chosen 500 because "they want to be seen as being firm". It's all bollocks. 
All the clubs deserve credit for trying to find a resolution as quick as possible for this. The solution we've offered is as fair as you can get. 
All clubs deserve credit. Thank f**k I'm not a Morton fan with my surname beginning with "W"

1500 season ticket holders? Either a number of them are not turning up or we've got a poor uptake on non season ticket holders coming to games. 

Realistically every season ticket holder should get option to attend one of the three games during the reduced capacity period. Could they not have assigned each season ticket holder to a specific game rather than have situation where someone could potentially be lucky enough to get to all three? 

5 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

John Swinney has already been in the press saying they've chosen 500 because "they want to be seen as being firm". It's all bollocks. 

All the clubs deserve credit for trying to find a resolution as quick as possible for this. The solution we've offered is as fair as you can get. 

John Swinney has proved one thing  without doubt over these past few years- that he is  clearly no very bright. Before anyone thinks I am being political- I wouldnt hire any of the leaders of any of the political parties.

Back to the fitba, restricting to 500 cannot make any economic sense- so clubs that  are willing to do it are  clearly doing  it for a higher purpose and should be commended.

47 minutes ago, Raithie said:

1500 season ticket holders? Either a number of them are not turning up or we've got a poor uptake on non season ticket holders coming to games. 

Realistically every season ticket holder should get option to attend one of the three games during the reduced capacity period. Could they not have assigned each season ticket holder to a specific game rather than have situation where someone could potentially be lucky enough to get to all three? 

It's over 1500 season ticket holders, so even assigning every ticket holder to one game each means that you'd still have people that would miss out.  

No matter what option the club picked to deal with this there's always going to be somebody who would complain about it, especially with the derby game which everybody is going to want to get to.  Although you'd think we're surely looking at the possibility of moving the derby game if possible, get a big crowd for that and it's more money in the bank for McGlynn to use in the transfer window.

1 minute ago, SanStarko said:

It's over 1500 season ticket holders, so even assigning every ticket holder to one game each means that you'd still have people that would miss out.  

No matter what option the club picked to deal with this there's always going to be somebody who would complain about it, especially with the derby game which everybody is going to want to get to.  Although you'd think we're surely looking at the possibility of moving the derby game if possible, get a big crowd for that and it's more money in the bank for McGlynn to use in the transfer window.

When did we get over 1500 season tickets. I thought we were closer to 1100 before half price season tickets went on sale.

17 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

When did we get over 1500 season tickets. I thought we were closer to 1100 before half price season tickets went on sale.

Just going from the website article.  Did find a twitter post from the end of July saying that we were at over 1,200 season tickets at that point.  So guessing whatever they sold after that plus the half season ticket sales must have taken us over the 1,500 mark.

7607A5C9-D47F-46AE-B2BD-DF264AD1DD77.jpeg

Edited by SanStarko