The New Raith Rovers Thread

14 minutes ago, Rover the Moon said:

Awaiting Tx’s analysis of the ramifications of Stanton signing on Dave Mackay’s future prospects as a false 9.

The who’s who of our youth prospects and players who’ll be “riding the pine” all season.  Must be the most optimistic poster when it comes to our youngsters I like that about TX. 

54 minutes ago, Rover the Moon said:

Awaiting Tx’s analysis of the ramifications of Stanton signing on Dave Mackay’s future prospects as a false 9.

Don’t forget his thoughts and detailed analysis of Stanton and how good he is in the end zone. 

4 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Looks like he'll be our replacement for Tait then.

Perhaps more for Spencer until we see him a few games. Anyone seen enough to categorize his preferred role...DM, CM or AM? Knowing that would aide deciding if he’s potentially Tait’s replacement or not.

1 hour ago, San Starko Rover said:

The who’s who of our youth prospects and players who’ll be “riding the pine” all season.  Must be the most optimistic poster when it comes to our youngsters I like that about TX. 

Zero, nil, nada, zilch...he’s an old phart at 27!

1 hour ago, RaithRyan said:

Don’t forget his thoughts and detailed analysis of Stanton and how good he is in the end zone. 

High motor and aggressive, but struggles to gain the necessary yard of space to be a clutch end zone receiver...

But, more seriously, to answer my own questions...

Solid CM, with ability to play a wide mid/wing on the left or AM. Occasional goal threat, but happily beavers away behind the scenes to help the team win. Can play DM or on the right if needed, but has less experience in these roles. Left Phoenix Rising due to lack of play in the US from COVID, not due to underperformance, and went to Ireland to get playing time. Had a knee injury in about 2013-2014 range, but seems healthy enough since. Seems to have a solid CV and a good fit. Strikes me as more of a Spencer style than Tait style (I consider Tait more aggressive and prone to slashing forward or shooting), so while a great signing for our midfield issues, may still leave Arnott to pickup Tait’s aggressive mitre as the season progresses.

On an unrelated front...is it just me, of does Stanton look like a young William H Macy with that chin fungus?

35 minutes ago, WSDR 88 said:

Some size that new portacabin. What’s the deal with this again, it was mentioned cheap & cheerful hospitality like a pie & pint scenario.
Will it be for home fans or just away?

9e6c30384644c10b8b10b9bad468a77d.jpg

From what I remember it is sort of an addition to hospitality but as you say, the cheap and cheerful pie and a pint vibe. I would assume it would be open to away fans too but can’t be sure. Looks good tho and will provide some additional  revenue 

22 hours ago, The Tiel Burn said:

It was the wee off pitch moments that stood out; the kid tapping along to the music, folk walking up the ramp to buy the 50/50, great eye for detail in the piece.

Very much like the Social Media photography. I enjoy that far more than the player action shots (not belittling how important that is) I just like the notion of fans attachment to the club being visible. The number of young fans also gives hope that locally the message is getting through. Good football does that but also the community foundation are smashing that requirement.

RaithTV always deliver a high quality video, i’am so thankful for that. When I lived in Leeds it was the highlight of my weekend win lose or draw. Just to see Starks in her splendour. 

6 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:

Give Tx his due, he does like to mention the young un’s a lot, Atleast we know these guys are still around. Just not nearly ready. Sorry I just edited my nonsensical post😆😆 

Edited by baillieinleeds

6 minutes ago, foreverarover said:
39 minutes ago, Brashy said:
What we need is an alpine hut behind the ground like Ingolstadt have. Sausages, beer, benches, what's not to like?

We need to close off the south stand at the side of the stand and create a full area for fans to mingle with the bar area extended into same with seating.

See the source image