The New Raith Rovers Thread

On 12/12/2021 at 10:45, Broken Algorithms said:

I can see him ending up at somewhere like Dundee or Livi tbh. I think the most likely scenario is he'll go back down south. I'm sure there will have been contact to turn his head. Fair play to Wardy if he's been right about this. I was quite quick to dismiss it - I thought we had him signed until the summer.

Ach! We're all guilty of getting everything wrong. Myself often.

Apologies BA. But I've never been happier to point this out than just now.😊

If you'll forgive me the Texas-style analysis, our central midfield options fall into three categories, and in McGlynn's preferred formation, you really need to be picking one of each to form your midfield triangle. 

"Number 6s"/Destructive: Ross Matthews, Frankie Musonda, Blaise Riley-Snow

"Number 8s"/Creative: Brad Spencer, Dylan Tait, Aaron Arnott (?) 

"Number 10s"/Attacking: Lewis Vaughan, Ethan Ross, Aidan Connolly

Now that's overly simplistic. You can be a creative number 6 or an attacking number 8, but those are the broadstroke typesets we're working with. McGlynn has also proven during Matthews absence that you don't have to have one of each (although throughout that period I'd argue we looked light in the middle). 

I've listed them in order of preference there, and it highlights a couple of issues; we have an over-reliance on Matthews, although Musonda could fill that gap, and that without Spencer for months and Tait going, we're incredibly fragile when it comes to midfielders who can link the defence and the attack. That's not news to anyone, and it's quite clearly the biggest priority for January. 

On the other hand, Ethan Ross is about as good a replacement for Lewis Vaughan as you could possibly expect, so once again, a tip of the hat to McGlynn and the board got getting that deal done. 

58 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:
1 hour ago, embow said:
Ach! We're all guilty of getting everything wrong. Myself often.
Apologies BA. But I've never been happier to point this out than just now.emoji4.png

No need to apologise! We're all just wanting the best for the club.

Absolutely! 

I just got a wee bit over excited about this, for that very reason.🤣🤣

On 12/12/2021 at 20:54, RossBFaeDundee said:

On the other hand, 6 months on his deal left and frustrated that he can't get a game, while we're sat here desperate for CB cover? Interesting.

Not any more it is.😊

Now off you pop and get more desperate. Enjoy!🤗

That is great news I hate to use the term utility player because he is better than that. However he can slot in for 4 or 5 positions which is worth its weight in gold in our tight squad. 

Just need to extend the loans which shouldn't be too tricky and add that midfielder which will be easier said than done. 

4 hours ago, ListerRRFC said:

Only stating the obvious but what an asset RaithTV are to the club. For a group of volunteers the commitment to follow the club around the country, having the highlights ready for midnight after every game and the sheer quality of the output is exemplary. 

THIS!!

Way above the level of what you'd expect from volunteers at a lower league club. Absolutely stunning stuff. Take a well deserved bow each and everyone involved in any way whatsoever.👏👏👏👏