The New Raith Rovers Thread

44 minutes ago, embow said:

Could have been? Certainly. But John was the only person who the board were interested in. If he'd declined god knows what might have happened.

Could be? Unlikely.

When the time comes, Laurie and Grant as a possiblity? Even Bene and Berra could be a winning combination? But you never know with any Scottish managerial appointment as many have found to their cost. It's all a great big lucky bag. You just never know what you are getting.

We had them as a management duo albeit in reverse roles before, would Ellis being the manager and Murray assistant make things a lot different? The football was eye bleeding a lot of the time under their tenure.

Just now, bobbykdy said:

We had them as a management duo albeit in reverse roles before, would Ellis being the manager and Murray assistant make things a lot different? The football was eye bleeding a lot of the time under their tenure.

Think now that they have a fair bit more experience (especially Laurie) could be a bold move for us, especially if we gave JMcG a director of football role.

Folks I was only throwing these names into the managerial merry-go-round for discussion. I wasn't touting them as definite "next move must haves". Goodness knows what the managerial market place has to offer when John and Smudger call it a day. As I've already said, it really is a lucky bag, or lucky dip, as to what you end up with.

2 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:

what are they spending it on. 

Their fans on P&B reckon they're paying Gary Holt in the region of 50 grand a year to be their director of football!

I have a pal who's a Falkirk fan and he's absolutely scunnered at the moment. He says they are wildly overstaffed from top to bottom, with far too many people involved in decision making. 'Too many cooks' was his description. Even a couple of seasons ago, after they emptied the Snake, they appointed co-managers which is usually a recipe for disaster.

33 minutes ago, philpy said:

We need to get a proper striker signed up in January.  A proper poacher. 

I don't feel like we do tbh. Varian isn't an out and out goal scorer, but the way the game is nowadays a centre forward does far more than sitting in the box waiting to poach goals. I'd be amazed if he hits 10 goals by the end of the season, but he'll do an incredible amount of selfless work to let Ross, Zanatta and Connolly get closer to those  numbers. I really don't see who we'd bring in who would suit our style better than Varian. I'd far rather we used Ethan Ross in the number 10 position running in behind like his goals against Ayr, Morton and Accies. 

At the moment, it feels like we've got a system which works quite well if we've got the bodies fit. We're pretty much waiting until January to figure out what happens with Dylan Tait and to see if we make any other moves. If we were in the market for a centre forward, I'd be hoping McGlynn is contact with Fulham to try to bring back Kieron Bowie. He's a player who I could see working quite well, he's a supporter and he'll know half the dressing room already so it won't take long for him to fit in. 

4 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

At the moment, it feels like we've got a system which works quite well if we've got the bodies fit. We're pretty much waiting until January to figure out what happens with Dylan Tait and to see if we make any other moves. If we were in the market for a centre forward, I'd be hoping McGlynn is contact with Fulham to try to bring back Kieron Bowie. He's a player who I could see working quite well, he's a supporter and he'll know half the dressing room already so it won't take long for him to fit in. 

As a Rovers fan I’d love to see Bowie back at the club, but for his own development I hope he goes on loan to a League One/Two or even a National League club down south.

I think rather than a 30 goal striker we will have 3 or 4 ten goal attackers with the style we play. Both loan strikers will do well to hit double figures but the system is working. For me we need to strengthen in the middle.  Once tait goes we are on a tight rope, soencer is out hopefully only short term and musonda hasn't really played there yet and still has an uncertain injury record.  

2 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

Press Box hosted by Graham Spiers

What the **** is going on at Falkirk?

Listen on Patreon

Graham Spiers is joined by two died in the wool Bairns, journalist Gordy Waddell and active fan Gordon Prophet.

- Instant reaction to Paul Sheerin leaving the club

- A 6-0 loss to Queen's Park

- Naive style of football  the players are not capable of executing

- Is Jamie Swinney hamstrung? Does he have executive power?

- THAT incredible You Tube meeting and becoming a meme

- Appalling recruitment and Gary Holt's role as director of football

- An old, experienced hand or a young, vibrant coach?

- Names in the frame? Ian McColl? John McGlynn? Dick Campbell?

Interesting listen, honest and to the point  - GP comes across very well, bravo sir. 

lol

12 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

lol

Aye, McGlynns gonna leave a championship title pushing team where he’s got something going, an affinity with the fans to go the basket case that is Falkirk FC. 
The only negligible chance you’d give this is they doubled his wages or something.

4 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

lol

People expected to pay for the privilege of listening to this pish as well. :lol:

Three managers currently involved in a title/promotion battle in the Championship are definitely going to consider sacking it and head to Falkirk, 6th place in League One, nine points behind the league leaders. The opportunity of a lifetime. 

Edited by Michael W

1 minute ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Our most recent winners of Player of the Month... 

Ethan Ross - October 2021

Steven Anderson - September 2019

Kevin Nisbet - October 2018 

????????? - February 2018

Lewis Vaughan - August 2017

Without looking it up, can anyone name the mystery man? 

Willis Furtado, scored a thunderbolt against QP at Hampden. 

Next.